MapTool 1.3 Final (build 83)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

plothos
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final (build 83)

Post by plothos »

Natha wrote:Image
Great pic! :D

Isn't it funny how sometimes you see shapes in things. If you squint at this completely natural image, you can kinda see it as a big hand. :wink:
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I like the "nuke finger" image too. It's basically the same image but with a different finger set :twisted:

@Az, oh, I thought there was mention that when 1.3 is final there would be new icon for mac. I don't use mac, but I'd thought I'd bring this up, because I'm a pain in the butt like that :D

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

Hooray! Congrats! Will download asap!

Everyone: Great achievement.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Big time congrats to all involved!!!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Natha wrote:Bad news though : Azhrei, I think you forgot to include in the SVN the "i18n_fr.properties" file I sent you some days ago.
Hm, I thought I'd done that but apparently not. :(

I have a file from you dated Jan 4th, then I have the one that I converted from iso8859 to utf8 that's dated Jan 23rd. And guess what? The one in MapTool's build directory is Jan 21st. Sigh.

It's updated now and I'll check it into SVN shortly. Thanks!
lmarkus001 wrote:P.S. - Make sure you get the main page links updated... we don't want folks running that old stuff anymore!
http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=launch
Yep! I will do another build to fix the drag-token-on-gridless map bug and include Natha's French translation, then I'll update the Launch page. :)
aliasmask wrote:@Az, oh, I thought there was mention that when 1.3 is final there would be new icon for mac. I don't use mac, but I'd thought I'd bring this up, because I'm a pain in the butt like that :D
Really? I don't recall any "new icon" discussion? I don't see why there would be a new one specifically for that platform anyway... Although I had considered turning off the red notification badge in the dock bar. I'll go ahead and do that now.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Azhrei wrote:
aliasmask wrote:@Az, oh, I thought there was mention that when 1.3 is final there would be new icon for mac. I don't use mac, but I'd thought I'd bring this up, because I'm a pain in the butt like that :D
Really? I don't recall any "new icon" discussion? I don't see why there would be a new one specifically for that platform anyway... Although I had considered turning off the red notification badge in the dock bar. I'll go ahead and do that now.
Yeah, the red dot thing with the build version on it. I remember someone saying they didn't like that or something.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Azhrei wrote: Was this a gridless map?
Its a hex map, but the token is not "snap to grid".
Azhrei wrote: Edit: It's been committed as revision 5641. Please try loading the same campaign with that version and moving the same token.
Tested and still throws NPE.

Since I have not much time right now I attach the campaign. Its an overland map and the "evil" npe-throwing token is an arrowy pointy "You are here" marker.

@aliasmask:
Someone didnt liked it but it came out it was pretty much a thing defined by MacOS. Probably not much to do about that...
Last edited by CoveredInFish on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

Hi Azhrei & all,

I just did a full 3-hour session with my players with 1b83; everything ran fine except for two occurrences:

-"Player view" didn't give me the player view, but just a darkened out view. Something during session got switched, it felt like the opposite. Can't describe it better. I know that the server ran with individual views off. I could only see my player's light sources when I was on Player view, and never the other way round. This was, however, an old campaign I loaded. Previously used version was .b76.

-When grid was off, but tokens were set to snap to grid, and I had turned on Initiative, players who tried to move their impersonated tokens when it was _not_ their initiative crashed hard (served them right!). I asked them to send me their error reports, so here they are. This was reproducible, the crashes did not occur when initiative was off. It happened almost simultaneously for them, they disconnected, restarted, it went fine (outside initiative) and started happening again under initiative. While the simultaneity with the initiative could be accidental, I thought it's better to mention it. Good luck hunting!

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.PointerTool.mouseMoved(PointerTool.java:577)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseMoved(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:25)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
and the other:

java.lang.NullPointerException
       at net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.PointerTool.mouseDragged(PointerTool.java:646)
       at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseDragged(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
       at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
       at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:25)

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

:cry:
Out of 5 players (and myself and the PC used as server), one could'nt start b83 at all ... (though b82 still could be launched).

He had this error message each time (Windows XP, latest java), just after the MapTool splash screen showed up.
ava.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rptools.lib.swing.SwingUtil.centerOver(SwingUtil.java:104)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.getProfilingNoteFrame(MapTool.java:600)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.macrobuttons.panels.SelectionPanel.init(SelectionPanel.java:108)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.macrobuttons.panels.SelectionPanel.<init>(SelectionPanel.java:47)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.MapToolFrame.<init>(MapToolFrame.java:233)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.initialize(MapTool.java:567)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.access$2(MapTool.java:533)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool$6.run(MapTool.java:1180)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
Then Maptool would hang and not launch fully, nor close itself. He had to kill the javaw.exe process each time.
We tried with the launcher, with the bats, closing all other non essential processes, unstalling/reinstalling java, CCleaning his PC ...
But no luck.
ImageImageImageImage

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:Yeah, the red dot thing with the build version on it. I remember someone saying they didn't like that or something.
Yeah, I can turn that off.
CoveredInFish wrote:Since I have not much time right now I attach the campaign. Its an overland map and the "evil" npe-throwing token is an arrowy pointy "You are here" marker.
No campaign attached.
LeopoldVonRanke wrote:-"Player view" didn't give me the player view, but just a darkened out view. Something during session got switched, it felt like the opposite. Can't describe it better. I know that the server ran with individual views off. I could only see my player's light sources when I was on Player view, and never the other way round. This was, however, an old campaign I loaded. Previously used version was .b76.
Ah, individual views off has probably not been tested much since all of the IV and IF code was added. I'll look into it. Is the campaign small enough to attach? Perhaps save a copy and delete all of the maps except one, if the problem is still exhibited?
-When grid was off, but tokens were set to snap to grid, and I had turned on Initiative, players who tried to move their impersonated tokens when it was _not_ their initiative crashed hard (served them right!).
Hm. I remember a bug from a long time ago about tokens having SnapToGrid but being on a gridless map. Maybe it's related somehow. Thanks for the exception traces as that will help.
Natha wrote:He had this error message each time (Windows XP, latest java), just after the MapTool splash screen showed up.
That's just... weird. That looks like it tried to open the profiling frame right away and the NPE happened when trying to center the non-existent window. :? I did add some logging to the CollectPerformanceData window, but that writes to a file and never tries to open a window. Hm. Thanks for the exception trace; I'll look into it.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Okay ... weird, I remember selecting that file in some dialog ... :?:

anyway, here it is:
warded man overland map.cmpgn
(948.27 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

LeopoldVonRanke wrote:I just did a full 3-hour session with my players with 1b83; everything ran fine except for two occurrences:
Okay, this was already fixed in SVN. If my game doesn't happen tonight (looks like it won't), then I'll do another build right away.
CoveredInFish wrote:Okay ... weird, I remember selecting that file in some dialog ... :?:

anyway, here it is:
Thanks, I'll take a look.
Natha wrote:

Java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.rptools.lib.swing.SwingUtil.centerOver(SwingUtil.java:104)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.getProfilingNoteFrame(MapTool.java:600)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.macrobuttons.panels.SelectionPanel.init(SelectionPanel.java:108)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.macrobuttons.panels.SelectionPanel.<init>(SelectionPanel.java:47)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.MapToolFrame.<init>(MapToolFrame.java:233)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.initialize(MapTool.java:567)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.access$2(MapTool.java:533)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool$6.run(MapTool.java:1180)
The solution to this one is convoluted. It appears that the SelectionPanel reports some statistics to the profiling window and because I've added support for that same information to go to the log.txt file, a different path was taken while the SelectionPanel was being initialized. It tried to popup the profiling window before the main window had appeared. This is fixed in SVN.

I'm going to look at CiF's error and then put out a new build.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Azhrei wrote:
CoveredInFish wrote:Okay ... weird, I remember selecting that file in some dialog ... :?:

anyway, here it is:
Thanks, I'll take a look.
Okay, got it. I made a bunch of updates about a million levels deep in function calls, then forgot to update the call tree. Oops. :oops:

It's checked into SVN as 5648.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

wolph42 wrote:@Ahz: bloody hell, you're on a roll.
Heh. ;)

I had a business deadline for Friday and I got lucky and made a breakthrough Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. So I expect the rest of the job to go very quickly and I wanted to get 1.3 done and on the shelf, so to speak. So I devoted some more time to it. 8)

I'm so happy about the deadline that I'm blowing off work today and the wife and I are going to Busch Gardens. :)

Return to “Announcements”