MapTool 1.3 Final, patch01 (build 84)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch01 (build 84)

Post by Azhrei »

Perhaps we should take this to another thread...?

Also, aliasmask mentioned starting a server and testing some stuff out online -- that might be an excellent idea here, too.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Well... I won't be able to do any more tonight.... but will likely be around and have 20 minutes here and there sometime tomorrow during the day.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

jfrazierjr wrote:Well... I won't be able to do any more tonight.... but will likely be around and have 20 minutes here and there sometime tomorrow during the day.
Well, we really need to get Azinctus to be able to connect. I'd like to see (logged in as a GM) exactly what he's attempting to do. Once the exact process is known then we can probably take it offline to get it fixed.

Azinctus
Giant

Post by Azinctus »

Azhrei, Jfrazierjr.

I'm using strict ownership and each token is owned by one player only (at the moment, sometimes Astird and Yappi share a single map tool). I haven't cleared any fog manually, it was all cleared by the PCs moving using the clear when moving setting. SO the porblem first appeared, after I copy and pasted the six tokens, they started moving and clearing fog, then someone shouted "I see someone else!" I didn't mind, I set the maze challenge specifically to test the IFOW.

I'd be happy to set up a test for you guys to log into. When is convenient? I'm online all day today and will likely be on this evening, possibly even late tonight (but I'm in France on GMT-1) and could set it up whenever you like. I'll be watching the forum.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

It looks like the(a!?!?!) issue revolved around when facing was changed by a PC player. I have fixed that section of the code. Azinctus, from your memory, can you verify if that seemed to have been the only time other players would get FOW exposed was when someone else was changing facing to reveal an area?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Azinctus
Giant

Post by Azinctus »

jfrazierjr wrote:It looks like the(a!?!?!) issue revolved around when facing was changed by a PC player. I have fixed that section of the code. Azinctus, from your memory, can you verify if that seemed to have been the only time other players would get FOW exposed was when someone else was changing facing to reveal an area?
That sounds very likely. Everyone has conic vision, so we change facing a lot. But when I set-up a test I was playing both characters so never moved while changing facing.

And the first time when we tried to test it, I remeber saying "Nodody touch nothing while Angelo tests this" then it didn't happen. But once Bossdrum's player got involved in the test it happened straight away. Of course we didn't see the link.

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

Not to be a nuisance, but, what's the state of affairs? Any news from the bug front? Have a session tomorrow, and would be happy to try out a new version.

Best,

Leo

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

LeopoldVonRanke wrote:Not to be a nuisance, but, what's the state of affairs? Any news from the bug front? Have a session tomorrow, and would be happy to try out a new version.

Best,

Leo
Azhrie and I are working on a tweak to the Individual Fog stuff and I know Azhrei has two other bugs to fix or verify they are fixed with the original reporter. My guess is around the weekend or so for the release(and hopefully final, final final 1.3).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

jfrazierjr wrote:Azhrie and I are working on a tweak to the Individual Fog stuff and I know Azhrei has two other bugs to fix or verify they are fixed with the original reporter. My guess is around the weekend or so for the release(and hopefully final, final final 1.3).
Exactly. We (meaning Joe!) have made great progress in putting some finishing touches on the IF feature. And Jay was going to look into the bug where drawing lines sometimes would lose the initial draw point (a bug that's been around forever!). It's not critical as there's a workaround (and I don't want to hold up the build for non-critical items), but he offered to look at it so...

I've gotten some good feedback from a couple folks in the Testers forum thread so I'm going to do a little more testing and post again there. I'm trying to get people to try it out before we do another build and avoid the embarrassment of having to do a b86 immediately after b85 because something slipped through!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Azhrei wrote:And Jay was going to look into the bug where drawing lines sometimes would lose the initial draw point (a bug that's been around forever!).
Is that the one where when you draw a line and the point where you end can not be clicked again to start a new line and it just moves some "dot" around?

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

I've seen that, boy is that annoying.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Hey Frank, did Jay say for certain that he was looking at that?
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

dorpond wrote:Hey Frank, did Jay say for certain that he was looking at that?
I thought so. Lemme check my email...

No, I guess not. He replied to it but I don't see anything saying he was going to look into it. Must've been something else. (Oh, I know -- it was the problem with the init panel clearing on every other campaign load.)

Sorry. :oops: Just ignore that part. :(

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

Yeah I ran into that bug with the not being able to draw beginning from the same point just two days ago. Oh well, it's a pain, but not terrible.

Again: good luck with the bug hunt. May they be few and small but easy to spot.

Leo

michaelheggen
Kobold

possible bug in title param in dialog roll option

Post by michaelheggen »

Just starting using MapTool a couple of weeks ago and really like it. I think my gaming group is going to like it a lot, too. Thanks to all of you who have put in so much work on it.

:arrow: On to the problem. The dialog roll option optional parameter "title" does not replace an existing title for a previously created dialog of the same name if the previous title was set using HTML.

Example:
1. Create a macro that creates a dialog called "Teleport" with a title of "Teleport test dialog" using HTML title tag.
2. Run the macro. You'll get a dialog box titled "Teleport test dialog".
3. Now edit the macro so that the dialog title is set in the dialog roll option (using the title parameter) instead of using HTML. Use "title=Teleport dialog version 2", and don't forget to delete the relevant HTML.
4. Run the macro again. The dialog will still be titled "Teleport test dialog".

I am running 1.3b84 on OS X 6.7 on a MacBook Pro.

-Mike

Return to “Announcements”