MapTool 1.3 Final, patch03 (build 86)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch03 (build 86)

Post by Azhrei »

I used pre-b87 for my game tonight and didn't have any major problems. At the same time, I didn't get to test all of the supposedly fixed bugs so it wasn't a great test in that regard.

I also thought of a couple things that would make debugging/helping users better, so I might add those if they turn out to be easy.

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

I know all my players will be happy when build 87 is released, it will cut down on the swearing quota by 33%. :lol:

-Avotas

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

Just following up before the game I have setup Sunday. Hows the new build coming along?

-Avotas

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

We've had a version in testing for quite awhile. Myself and neofax have tested it by using it for our games, but I've not heard reports from any other testers (that I can recall, anyway).

In any case, nothing has happened with the code in the last couple of weeks as real life has once again intruded. I will be traveling for the next few weeks and likely won't have any time to work on MT. (Or at least, very little time.)

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

How does one get on the list to test pre-release code?

-Avotas

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Avotas wrote:How does one get on the list to test pre-release code?

-Avotas
Go to the Developers subforum and follow the thread on setting up Eclipse for SVN. Once you have this setup properly and have updated to head, you can run a server as development and the players can connect using B86, or they can do the same and everyone runs development.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

neofax wrote:Go to the Developers subforum and follow the thread on setting up Eclipse for SVN. Once you have this setup properly and have updated to head, [...]
Also, when you've done that you can PM jfrazierjr and he'll get you access to the Testers subforum where discussion of testing the new build typically occurs.

Avotas
Cave Troll

Post by Avotas »

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Just discovered a scenario with broadcast where it posts to one user twice. If you broadcast to gm,bob and if bob is a gm, he gets the message twice. I've been doing my own name filtering up until this point, so I didn't notice this problem until now. But I have a gm named gm and a second gm named gm2. I just now figured out why he's been getting 2 messages and the other gm has not. My current solution would be to just not name the gm, "gm" because I already filter the codes and replace them with player names. So, I don't send the codes to broadcast normally.

Just an FYI.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Hm, sounds like a bug. The list of user names should generate a list of client machines and then that list should have duplicates removed. I'm sure that the code in Wiki: broadcast() is at too high a level to know that information, though. I'll see if there's an easy way to correct this.

Return to “Announcements”