MapTool 1.3 Final, patch03 (build 86)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

dorpond
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch03 (build 86)

Post by dorpond »

jfrazierjr wrote:
Azhrei wrote: Well, the GM's "Show as Player" will never be exactly the same as a player's. At some point I'll have to search the code for instances where this is the case just so I can post a list. For example, the GM is always considered the owner of every token, regardless of the Show As Player option. That means the GM will view the map using an aggregate view that the player's wouldn't. But there's no good way around this -- the GM needs that ability.
We can fix this, it's just the number of places we have to look to make changes by checking view.IsGMView()(or whatever it is called....)
That is great news!
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

dorpond wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:
Azhrei wrote: Well, the GM's "Show as Player" will never be exactly the same as a player's. At some point I'll have to search the code for instances where this is the case just so I can post a list. For example, the GM is always considered the owner of every token, regardless of the Show As Player option. That means the GM will view the map using an aggregate view that the player's wouldn't. But there's no good way around this -- the GM needs that ability.
We can fix this, it's just the number of places we have to look to make changes by checking view.IsGMView()(or whatever it is called....)
That is great news!
Indeed! Currently, I don't get _any_ player's view, not even an eclectic mix... I have no idea what they see...

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

jfrazierjr wrote:
I certainly hope you are not suggesting that checking for ownership would return a different result when the the GM is using player view? I would view this as an invasive change with a very high level of risk of introducing hard to find bugs.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I was wondering, what is the status of the 'some tokens only show up after you have zoomed in/out when you load a new campaign file-bug'. I just tested this in b86, but it still happens. Not all tokens show up after you load the map, only after you have zoomed they appear.

edit: I did notice some improvement though. If you open the file for the second time it does show everything. If you however restart MT than again the first time only some tokens are shown.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Craig wrote:I certainly hope you are not suggesting that checking for ownership would return a different result when the the GM is using player view? I would view this as an invasive change with a very high level of risk of introducing hard to find bugs.
Heh-heh. Not in 1.3. I agree -- it completely changes the game for the GM and it's too late in the cycle for that.

But some form of "GM views the map like PlayerX" feature would be helpful. And since we've been talking about having an "observer" or "guest" login, viewing the map as an observer would be good too.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

wolph42 wrote:edit: I did notice some improvement though. If you open the file for the second time it does show everything. If you however restart MT than again the first time only some tokens are shown.
I haven't spent on time on this one. It's got a simple work-around (zoom out and back in) so I didn't deem it worth the effort given that 1.4 will be rewriting much of the rendering stack (or so I presume; if it doesn't, then it'll get taken care of then).

rwdalpe
Kobold

Post by rwdalpe »

jsharen wrote:Can someone verify if the latest version has the movement Null exception error resolved?

Thanks,
jsharen
First, I would like to say that you guys have made something great. My group and I love it.

However, I am still getting an error when a player attempts to move tokens while "Lock Movement" is enabled from the Initiative menu. I believe this is the NullException error that jsharen is talking about.

On the bright side, my group is still going strong with b82! :D

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

rwdalpe wrote:On the bright side, my group is still going strong with b82! :D
We need to do all we can to get everyone on the latest though. It just doesn't feel final until most everyone is on final. :(
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I'm aware it has been reported before, but I can't find it anymore and im also not sure whether that was for b86. Anyway this is what my players currently see when they're playing:
Sight bug.jpg
Sight bug.jpg (104.6 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
which is rather a big dealbreaker. This is happening for b82 and b86. It's apparent that the sight box surrounding the players has an offset. I have another game on saturday again... is there any chance that there is fix by then.. :cry: ?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Craig wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:
I certainly hope you are not suggesting that checking for ownership would return a different result when the the GM is using player view? I would view this as an invasive change with a very high level of risk of introducing hard to find bugs.
No no.. not at all... I agree with what you are saying.... what i mean is in the "if" statement(s) to see what functionality to use to render adding an additional conditional. There are lot's a places in the code where we do that already. Of course, I also agree with Azhrei that this won't be done in 1.3.... In the past, I had thought about using ZoneRenderFactory to have multiple ZoneRenderer classes... BUT there are so many variables that this seems like just be way more time spent than it's worth....<shrug>
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

wolph42 wrote:I'm aware it has been reported before, but I can't find it anymore and im also not sure whether that was for b86. Anyway this is what my players currently see when they're playing:
Sight bug.jpg
which is rather a big dealbreaker. This is happening for b82 and b86. It's apparent that the sight box surrounding the players has an offset. I have another game on saturday again... is there any chance that there is fix by then.. :cry: ?
Did you by any chance adjust the grid on that map? I remember something like that happening to me way back, right around the time conic vision was added, and it may have been related to an adjusted grid (like so many sight/light glitches seem to be).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

The grid offset bug is fixed in SVN and will be in b87.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Azhrei wrote:The grid offset bug is fixed in SVN and will be in b87.
Have you seen this thread?:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18689

Return to “Announcements”