MapTool 1.2 Development Release Build 26

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.2 Development Release Build 26

Post by trevor »

The "Polish, polish, polish" release:

Build 26 (5/2/2007)
* Improve box behind version on splash screen
* Tweak new token number algorithm to work similar to 1.1 when in increment mode
* Fix memory leak when switching campaigns
* Create the default grass map when doing File->New Campaign
* Remove "Marker" type from new token dialog (caused too much confusion)
* Cache unbounded minimap image so that it doesn't become a "?" when switching maps
* Fix bug: color picker first time showing is too big
* Honor the "Use translucent fog" flag for second fog layer when flag is turned off
* Use backbuffer method of rendering fog, which should speed up rendering in many cases, especially when using Java 6
* Add more images to default image explorer root
* Fix bug: old token images got back into the build
* Make color picker dialog size better
* Make color picker remember size between showings

NOTES:

- To get access to the updated default images, do a Help->Restore Default Images
- The fog rendering may be faster now, please load up your favorite map with fog and give it a run through, let me know if it's faster, the same, or slower.
- If the fog is going slow, try turning off translucency Edit->Preferences->Performance->Use Translucent Fog (turn off the checkmark)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for this. One request - when you make these announcements can you include a link to the lastest download please? I'm lazy and would like to just be able to click on it here rather than have to go off and actually spend three nano-seconds looking for it.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Blakey

trevor

Post by trevor »

I'm lazy too which is why it doesn't have the link ;)

that's a good idea though, I'll see if I can remember for next time

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

FOW is broken - at least for me it is.

How I can reproduce:
Open Maptool but make sure it isn't full screen.
Turn on FOW
Make your Maptool window a bit larger now.

Doesn't matter what Use Translucent FOW is set to.

NOTE: I did notice a huge improvement in performance when Use Translucent FOW is unchecked. This wasn't the case a version ago so that is exciting.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I do notice a lot of screen flicker though with Use Translucent Transparency unchecked though. Great performance though.

mikey
Giant

Extra tokens

Post by mikey »

I followed the directions clicked on Help>Restore Default images...and I still have the same ones.

Also is there a posting on how to reorganize my tokens and images in Image explorer. I have about 20 folders with about 20 subfolders and 10 sub sub folders, its maddening for me.

Mikey :lol:

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:FOW is broken - at least for me it is.
Ooooops. Fortunately it's a trivial fix. I'll do a build this afternoon.

trevor

Re: Extra tokens

Post by trevor »

mikey wrote:I followed the directions clicked on Help>Restore Default images...and I still have the same ones.
Curious. Try deleting c:\documents and settings\<user>\.maptool\resources then doing Restore Default Images
mikey wrote: Also is there a posting on how to reorganize my tokens and images in Image explorer. I have about 20 folders with about 20 subfolders and 10 sub sub folders, its maddening for me.
It's really a personal preference thing, whatever works best for you. I'll let others provide info on how they do it.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:
dorpond wrote:FOW is broken - at least for me it is.
Ooooops. Fortunately it's a trivial fix. I'll do a build this afternoon.
That would be awesome since our game was moved to tonight. I would love to use the most recent version as a "getting close to release" test.

Thanks!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Ahh, good to know. I'll fix it and do a build during lunch so you can have some more time to check it out

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Also is there a posting on how to reorganize my tokens and images in Image explorer. I have about 20 folders with about 20 subfolders and 10 sub sub folders, its maddening for me.
I have all my monsters under one folder subfoldered by type. Since I use Linux, I can soft link the folders are required without duplicating the files when there are cross connects (undead, giant, vermin etc.). It took a while to set up but now I have things so I can find them easily.

I downloaded my original tokens from http://dndcounters.tripod.com/ which has them sorted by type so it seemed the most logical way at the time. I have the PCs and NPCs in a separate folder under the image explorer but many of them appear in the humanoid folders as well.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

mikey
Giant

mY INSANITY

Post by mikey »

I have gone all over this great internet and have found hundres if not thousands? of great images.

I do the same thing at first I set up all my folders to corsospond with their subject groups, animals, tiles, water, weapons, aoe, yadda yadda,

I then place them in image explorer, but from there how do I assign where any (New images) will be placed

ie (main folder) furniture> (sub folders)> Tables, beds, chairs> (sub Folder) new ,broken,old...how do I grab a newlydownloaded image (a set of different colored chairs) and place them into one of these PREVIOUSLY placed folders?

This is my hang up, how to add onto a previously placed folder in Image explorer?

Mikey :oops:

trevor

Post by trevor »

MT will refresh it's view each time you visit a path, so just add the new files to your existing file system hierarchy, then in MT, click on a different folder, then click back, the new images will load up

mikey
Giant

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Post by mikey »

It can't be the garsh darn easy!!!!!!!!!
There has got to be more to it then that?

the whole time like this?

DE DE DE :lol:

Thanks again
Mikey

mikey
Giant

yeah!

Post by mikey »

(I followed the directions clicked on Help>Restore Default images...and I still have the same ones.)

okay I downloaded the zip version and got it to work

Mikey :D

Return to “Announcements”