MapTool 1.3 Final, patch04 (build 87)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

JML
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch04 (build 87)

Post by JML »

LeopoldVonRanke wrote:Was that different in Spaces though?
I'm still with 10.6 and the trick works well with Spaces. It can tell the frame from the rest of the app.

OsoRojo
Kobold

Post by OsoRojo »

I thought I posted this awhile back, but maybe I forgot. For those on Lion struggling with frames floating off screen or under other things (like the notification bar), there's a small app called Hyperdock (about $10 USD) that will allow you to assign a key combo to 'grab' anywhere in a frame and move the window. Mine is set to ctrl+option+left click. So rather than having to grab the title bar to move it, I can grab anywhere, including dead center, and drag the window where I want it. It has quite a few other useful features, so it's not as if you're buying it solely to overcome a bug in b87.

And no, I am in no way affiliated with the producers of the app. I had to solve the exact problem noted above and found this as a viable work around.

Happy Gaming!

Tredekka
Kobold

Post by Tredekka »

Hello all...

I'm still a noob on here, but it looks as if I may have some time to actually do some gaming in the near future... and as a result, of course I decided to check in on my favorite RPG resource... :o

I wanted to say to all the dedicated individuals both from a development & testing perspective that I think you've done an amazing job creating a truly great tool!

To Azhrei, I've been a technical trainer & I know what you're going through and I wanted to reach out & thank you for all you've done! (And I think it's great you've contributed so much considering how busy you are, and it's admirable how you still manage to find time to post here and there on the issues we identify.)

So many, many thanks to everyone in the community from those of us who benefit somewhat silently...

Tredekka

PS Though I'm hoping I may be able to do some contributions in the summer!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Thanks, Tredekka. :)

Posting here is easy -- I can do it in short snatches when I have 2-3 minutes available. Building a release of MT requires more time and, in some cases, can be pretty fragile (ie. it's easy for the process to fail at certain stages). The longest time sink being re-learning the steps each time! ;)

But I'm glad that b88 is finally out. The ChangeLog lists 30+ changes! I just hope we've solved the ones most people hit (Java 7, UPNP, and so on).

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I think I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate all the work you do for MT, Az.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

RPTroll wrote:I think I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate all the work you do for MT, Az.
Yep
ImageImageImageImage

Yogojojo
Kobold

Post by Yogojojo »

Azhrei wrote:Thanks, Tredekka. :)

Posting here is easy -- I can do it in short snatches when I have 2-3 minutes available. Building a release of MT requires more time and, in some cases, can be pretty fragile (ie. it's easy for the process to fail at certain stages). The longest time sink being re-learning the steps each time! ;)

But I'm glad that b88 is finally out. The ChangeLog lists 30+ changes! I just hope we've solved the ones most people hit (Java 7, UPNP, and so on).
Hi there Az,

I'm very new to MT and to RPTools in general...I've been poking about here, trying to learn more about the software and I'm just curious to know how the coders are doing. I've noticed that many of the last posts are from 2012 and that the latest build v88 is currently broken...

Is there a team of folks who have gotten together to continue work on this lovely software? It would be a pity if support for its continued development faltered. How is everything?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

the last time I asked Azh, he was workin on patch no 16 out of a total of 30 patches. That was about a week ago. In short: its coming, but we do not dare to say when.

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

Yogojojo wrote:Is there a team of folks who have gotten together to continue work on this lovely software?
Those may be a bit hardcore for a newcomer :twisted: but you can take a look at:
MapTool Launcher
RPTools "next" Git Repository
Attention: Windows Users using JAVA 7 with MapTool
[1.4 Feature Request] Vision Density
Last edited by JML on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

wolph42 wrote:the last time I asked Azh, he was workin on patch no 16 out of a total of 30 patches. That was about a week ago. In short: its coming, but we do not dare to say when.
Nice to hear things are still alive! Good luck.

Return to “Announcements”