MapTool 1.3 Final, patch04 (build 87)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

cubeblue
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch04 (build 87)

Post by cubeblue »

Azhrei wrote:I don't have all of the fixes I waint in b88 there yet, but I think I'm going to release it anyway. There's enough in it for people to test it out and it solves a bunch of the UPNP and Java 7 issues folks are having. I'll try to get this done RSN ("Real Soon Now").
Awesome. Many thanks from a longtime lurker (I reckon one of many) who appreciates your continued work on perfecting 1.3.
& So Forth a blog about dungeons & dragons & so forth. With a particular eye for virtual table-top play, 5e, and OSR themes.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

cubeblue wrote:
Azhrei wrote:I don't have all of the fixes I waint in b88 there yet, but I think I'm going to release it anyway. There's enough in it for people to test it out and it solves a bunch of the UPNP and Java 7 issues folks are having. I'll try to get this done RSN ("Real Soon Now").
Awesome. Many thanks from a longtime lurker (I reckon one of many) who appreciates your continued work on perfecting 1.3.
+1000!!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Elorebaen wrote:
cubeblue wrote:
+1000!!
Just keeping the sentiment alive. Looking forward some of the already done fixes.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, sorry for the delay. RL has been hectic. And I just inherited a gig from an instructor who canceled at the last minute; this new gig consists of four weeks before mid-March and completely fills out my business calendar. Only trouble is that the course materials are only partially done so I've been breaking my back trying to pump out lecture notes and hands-on labs for the last week or so.

I'll get a little bit of a break in a couple weekends so I hope to get the build done then. At this point it's been so long I almost don't remember what the process is. ;)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Me and the players are having horrible times with java memory errors. Unable to allocate thread and out of memory type errors.

Is there anything special that needs to be done with a windows 7 64bit machine with 4gb of memory. He's knocked down his mem to 1400 but he should be able to use more. I'm "fairly" sure he installed the correct java. I think I read something about putting the path to javaw instead of using "javaw".

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

aliasmask wrote:Me and the players are having horrible times with java memory errors. Unable to allocate thread and out of memory type errors.

Is there anything special that needs to be done with a windows 7 64bit machine with 4gb of memory. He's knocked down his mem to 1400 but he should be able to use more. I'm "fairly" sure he installed the correct java. I think I read something about putting the path to javaw instead of using "javaw".
you indeed need to add the path in mt.cfg file to point to the 64 version of java:
JVM=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Meant to quote this post and somehow edited it... :/

But, in a nutshell, I was just commenting on the fact that Win7 64 should have no problems running the 32bit or 64 bit JVM with MT.
Last edited by Full Bleed on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Thanks wolf42, we'll see if that makes a difference. He has a clean install and he shouldn't be having these troubles.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

aliasmask wrote:Thanks wolf42, we'll see if that makes a difference. He has a clean install and he shouldn't be having these troubles.
well... the difference on my machine was an increase of speed of about 1.5 :shock:

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Wolph42 wrote:you indeed need to add the path in mt.cfg file to point to the 64 version of java:
JVM=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw
Full Bleed wrote:If this is necessary to use the 64 bit version of Java with MT would there be a way for MT to build the .cfg file with that in it if the 64 bit version is detected?
As a followup to this... I went ahead and updated my java 32 install and installed the 64 version as well (on Win7 64.) I really didn't see a difference in MT when using the 64 JVM (after adding the line to the .cfg file as noted by Wolph)... but I went ahead and checked out what my PCGen would use as well and it had automatically defaulted to the 64bit JVM without needing to manually set or change anything.

This would probably be a nice feature in MT as well.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Azhrei wrote:I'll get a little bit of a break in a couple weekends so I hope to get the build done then. At this point it's been so long I almost don't remember what the process is. ;)
build 88?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I mentioned this before, but I can't find the previous post, but there is a bug that prevents one of my players from using any macros that creates a frame. He uses a mac and the frame top appears off screen so he can't move it (or close it?). If I recall, b88 has fixed this problem by having the frame window appear centered.

I would really appreciate it if we can get b88 released soon for this reason alone. There are some other updates applied that I know will be useful as well.

PS: I'll even take a dev build I can redistribute to my players.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

There is a workaround that your player can use - you can move the frame in "Spaces", a desktop overview he can activate. Im not sure if this works still under lion though.

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

CoveredInFish wrote:There is a workaround that your player can use - you can move the frame in "Spaces", a desktop overview he can activate. Im not sure if this works still under lion though.
I should have think of it (face palm) :D
Works perfectly well in Snow Leopard. Don't know for Lion.

Thanks CiF.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, I've been trying to get things together to do b88 for awhile now. :( I'll try to get the build out in the next day or two. It won't have all of the fixes in it that I want (which means there may be a b89), but at least it'll fix some of the common stuff (this issue, UPNP, Java 7 compatibility, etc).

I've finally got some virtual machines setup so that I can test on Windows and Linux, but RL has just gotten crazy busy. I might be doing some travel to Asia this year, but at least that will give me a lot of "quality time" with my laptop on the plane. ;)

Return to “Announcements”