New Art Pack! Tavern Pack by Greytale!

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

dorpond
RPTools Team

New Art Pack! Tavern Pack by Greytale!

Post by dorpond »

Gather around my fellow knights!

I wish to tell you a tale, a Greytale to be specific.. “What??” you ask?

I have had the pleasure to work with Greytale over the last few weeks, and not only is he an outstanding artisan, he is also an amazing person and I have made a fine friend in this process. He is meticulous with his craft and you can see it in his artwork over at http://www.greytale.com

He, like the others that I have worked with over the last couple months, do this because they love to do it. They like to make gamers happy, get awesome feedback, and interact with people on their forums. Greytale would love to hear from you guys so please go visit him at his website above. Tell him what you like, what you are looking for, and share your gaming experiences with him. He will love it! You will really dig his site and find that he really is an outstanding individual.

Now for the goods:
Greytale has offered his legendary Tavern Pack to the Maptool community. With this pack, you will have all the items needed to build your own tavern within Maptool - in record speeds! He has added some extra goodies into the mix, including a wall section, window section, doorway section, support column, and even a bar. He really went out of his way to make this tavern pack work well within Maptool. Thank you for that Greytale! :D

So let us put our hands together and thank him for his efforts! Go register on his forums and drop him a line!
How to Download Art Pack
You can get his tile pack by simply by opening Maptool and going to:
File -> Add to Resource Library, and click on the red gear. You will see his pack in the list.
Here are samples of the tavern pack in use:
Screen5.jpg.png
Screen5.jpg.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 4999 times
Screen1.jpg.png
Screen1.jpg.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 4999 times
Screen2.jpg.png
Screen2.jpg.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 4999 times
Screen3.jpg.png
Screen3.jpg.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 4999 times
Screen4.jpg.png
Screen4.jpg.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 4999 times
Here is the license information:
License Information
License

These images are the property/copyright of greytale.com and Greg Taylor, and are licensed for use
within Maptool. They may be used for personal use only, and may not be redistributed, modified,
or used for commercial purposes without permission. If you wish to modify, use them commercially,
or distribute them as a free pack, please notify us of their intended use at:

[email protected]

or via our forums at:

http://www.greytale.com.
Maptool Bugs
Couple things worth mentioning:
1. Unfortunately there was a bug in Maptool 1.3B86 that prevents you from downloading art packs – Booo! :P
2. 1.3B87 (the latest version of Maptool) allows you to get art packs just fine, however, the license file will not appear during installation. I will supply that below. This will be fixed in Maptool 1.3B88.
3. Maptool 1.3b60 through 1.3B84 works fine when it comes to downloading and installing Art Packs. B85 works but doesn't show the license.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: New Art Pack! Tavern Pack by Greytale!

Post by Azhrei »

Very nice. :)

I'll need to go check out his web site, too...

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

Veeery nice.... :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now using Dolby Axon for RPG sessions.
(Forget Skype. Put your players into a 3D sound environment.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artimus124
Kobold

Post by Artimus124 »

EXCELLENT detail and texture work...WOW !!!! already checked out his website...worth the visit :))
Everyone always told me I was ugly...I thought it was my make-up Artists fault...

Then I remembered I don't have a make-up Artist

greytale
Kobold

Post by greytale »

Thanks everyone for the great comments and thank you Dorpond for all your effort bringing this to RPTools.

Grey
Have You Dressed Your Dungeon Lately?
http://www.greytale.com

Bogie
Kobold

Post by Bogie »

Way to Go GT!

Brimstone1
Kobold

Post by Brimstone1 »

Great job GreyTale! I've been a longtime fan of your work since I discovered the Dundjinni forums a long while back. I'm glad to see you're still rocking it out, and I love your website too! :D

Return to “Announcements”