MapTool 1.2 Release Candidate Build 31

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.2 Release Candidate Build 31

Post by trevor »

The second Release Candidate build:

Build 31 (5/23/2007)
* Change launch program to allow MT to launch, but show an information message that memory is low and odd behavior may result
* Add a .sh launch script for linux and OSX people
* Bug fix: rolls spoofing
* Change the way the default images are handled to account for java 6 webstart
* Make color chooser panel initial size be more sane
* Left clicking a vision menu item brings up the editor dialog (instead of having to right click)
* Set the default button to "OK" on the vision dialog

NOTES:
- Please check that the Help->Restore Default Images works for you
- Please check that the QuickMaps still work

CHALLENGE
Without changing the Java code, try to spoof the roller ! Post your solutions to this forum post. First 2 people to do it gets a free license to MapTool ! ;)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Emryys
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.2 Release Candidate Build 31

Post by Emryys »

trevor wrote:First 2 people to do it gets a free license to MapTool ! ;)
lol... with all these give aways, how can you guys stay in business... :)
Game On!

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

In my testing, I am having a wierd issue that I would love if someone could confirm.

You can view it here:
http://www.rptools.net/dorpond/Issues/V ... ssue3.html

trevor

Post by trevor »

I"ve been thinking about this one. I'm not sure it's not the expected behavior.

Disabling a vision does not turn off the fact that you are using vision. So basically you are making it so that your token is blind. What do you think should happen instead of turning the exposed area black ?

Perhaps on the GM view is should be translucent.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Anyone have a chance to play with the roller ? Any luck spoofing it ?

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:I"ve been thinking about this one. I'm not sure it's not the expected behavior.

Disabling a vision does not turn off the fact that you are using vision. So basically you are making it so that your token is blind. What do you think should happen instead of turning the exposed area black ?

Perhaps on the GM view is should be translucent.
How it works currently:

(ONE PERSON BLIND)
On the Client PC: When we have a party of four with vision and only one player has vision is disabled, the map does not go black like in the video. I can still see the others players light radius and revealed areas but my token is not visible to me (unless it is in another players vision). That works as I expect it too for 1.2.

On the GM's PC: Everything looks normal and usable to the GM. The GM still can see the map, the revealed areas, the FOW and all the tokens. When the GM clicks on the token that is "blind" there is no vision circle appearing becasue ther isn't any. That works as I expect it to for 1.2.

(All PLAYERS BLIND)
On the Client PC: When the whole party of four has vision disabled, the whole screen goes completely black and not a single token is visible. That works as expected for 1.2 but see future example for future recommendations.

On GM's PC: The revealed areas go black like in the video - this needs to be fixed to appear as it does when only one player is blind. The reason mainly becasue the GM can't see the map. The GM should always see the map :)

(How it should work in the future)

I think that some GM's might want the players to move their blind token (Can see the token but not the map) while other GM's might not want the players to move their token (map and token are not visible) where they just verbally describe what direction to move. Perhaps a pref could allow both methods to function. That being said, one pref might allow the tokens to appear on top of the black screen while the other doesn't.

Also, I would think that we would have a blind condition that would be more formal than disabling vision anyway.

Conclusion:
For 1.2, I would just fix the GM's vision for now when all players vision is disabled. That is currently making the revealed areas totally black and that shouldn't be the case for the GM. Make the GM's view be the same as it acts when only one player is vision disabled. The rest we can tweak in future versions.

Agree?

Return to “Announcements”