MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 2

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Vry
Giant

Post by Vry »

Could you make the arrows appear roughly like they do on the large tokens in this screenshot for each size?

The medium and smaller ones get some overlap as shown on the halfling and the skeleton and the huge dragon's facing can't be seen at all like this.

Otherwise... neat!

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

You guys are good :)

We are not worthy. . . take pity on us. . .can you give out a few free copies. . . oh, wait. . .

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Vry wrote:Could you make the arrows appear roughly like they do on the large tokens in this screenshot for each size?

The medium and smaller ones get some overlap as shown on the halfling and the skeleton and the huge dragon's facing can't be seen at all like this.

Otherwise... neat!
Those are some sweet token overlays !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Killydd
Cave Troll

Post by Killydd »

Hm, some things that are odd:

You can have the state on a token set to both Hidden, and Visible(or to neither one).

I loaded a map that I'd created with the Release Candidate, and the redraw seemed to fail completely. I could get menus to load, but they wouldn't go away again(although I could select things under them) and the map portino of the screen just remained black. (note: there was still spare CPU at all times here) Perhaps you can do a version check on maps before loading them, and give a warning that either a map version is too old, or the map is from a newer version and thus won't load?

For overlap issues, would it be possible to always have the selected token brought to the front(as well as its info like facing and name) and then drop back to wherever in the stack it was before when it loses focus?

Set Facing: Delete didn't seem to work on my tests. It just ended it with the arrow pointing in the latest direction. I do like the idea of being able to use the number pad for facing, with 5 deleting the arrow, and ESC returning it to the state before you set the facing. ((oops wrong token, which way was it facing before?))

Someone mentioned reordering the right-click menu. Would it be possible to have that user-defined somewhere? (hm, I don't want to use this today, so lets drop it down lower.....)

Return to “Announcements”