MapTool 1.3 Development Build 1

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 1

Post by trevor »

The "As Promised" release :) This release is specifically so that you can see the progress and get your feedback in while in the early stages. It is not meant as a usable release:

Build 1 (6/15/07)
* Move a couple menu items around
* Temporarily disable the minimap
* Remove Bounded vs Unbounded map distinction
* Update table column names on token property dialog speech and macro tabs
* Rebuild New Map dialog into Map Properties dialog
* Add "Units Per Cell" default property to Preferences dialog
* Fix bug: copied tokens don't retain halo
* Change default grid size to 50
* Update zone selection popup to be a list
* Inline rolling can now handle d# (example d6) (specifically, the leading die count is implicitly 1)
* Remove redundant roll information, e.g. [d6] produces <<d6> 3>> instead of <<d6> 3 => 3>>
* Replace inline roll "=>" with ":" to reduce clutter

(Contributed by Otherland)
* New preference: useHaloColorForVisionOverlay
* New preference: visionOverlayOpacity
* New preference: haloLineWidth
* New preference: autoRevealVisionOnGMMove
* Slightly widen topology polyline
* Add more halo colors
* Add vision color option to token popup menu, when hovering over a token the vision turns this color
* For players, don't show the vision outlines of tokens that aren't owned
* Add oval and hollow oval topology tools

NOTES:
- This is the first dev build of 1.3, there's a 100% chance that things will change. It is highly recommended that you do _not_ start to use this version in your campaigns.
- This version is not compatible with earlier versions of MapTool
- There are things that are known to be broken, expect some hiccups

I want to say it again, there are broken things in this build (most should be minor), this is for preview purposes only.

That being said, please bang on all the new features above and provide suggestions on improvements. Feel free to postback directly in this thread.
Last edited by trevor on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

5 minutes of play and looks pretty good! I'm really liking the new settings and options that seem to be available. I like the cleaner dice rolling.

I can't figure out how to bring up the Map Properties dialog after the map is created.

Eager to continue to see the improvements! Thanks for your hard work!

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Build 1 and we already have a release candidate? :)

go trevor... so full blown release by the end of the week then? :wink:

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

NOT FOR ACTUAL USE!!!!

**looks around**

**sees no police**

**quickly clicks download**

**minimizes browser**

NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

Kzintzi
Giant

Post by Kzintzi »

I love the new map creation properties, except when I select a texture as the fog it puts what looks like a '?' in the fog region and it stalls the loading at 50%...

selecting a really nasty purple colour worked fine though.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Hawke wrote: I can't figure out how to bring up the Map Properties dialog after the map is created.
Can't yet ;)

trevor

Post by trevor »

torstan wrote:Build 1 and we already have a release candidate? :)
Oops, heh, that's what I get for doing builds at 1a

trevor

Post by trevor »

Kzintzi wrote:I love the new map creation properties, except when I select a texture as the fog it puts what looks like a '?' in the fog region
Curious, I hadn't gotten that one before. Did you have any errors in your log ?

Lindharin
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 1

Post by Lindharin »

trevor wrote: * Replace inline roll "=>" with ":" to reduce clutter
How about just using "=" instead of "=>" or ":"? The equal sign will be universally recognized, the colon perhaps less so. I haven't downloaded it yet so I haven't seen what it looks like in practice; I'm just guessing that the equal sign would have a lower chance of causing confusion in users new to dice rollers.

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

THANK YOU TREVOR!

I'm taking that to be the all clear for hacker/contributers to start building patches for 1.3

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:
Kzintzi wrote:I love the new map creation properties, except when I select a texture as the fog it puts what looks like a '?' in the fog region
Curious, I hadn't gotten that one before. Did you have any errors in your log ?
The same thing happened to me also. Not right away though. I was playing around with it loading a few maps and such but then I tried to load a texture (background - not fog) that was somewhere else within my Image Explorer. It was a place I rarely visit. When I picked this texture, a question mark appeared. Then when I tried to load it, it stopped at 50%. Drat - I didn't get the error log becasue I asumed you knew of the breakage and didn't want to hear of them at this point. Let me try to reproduce it.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Yep - got it again.

I got this error after I selected the texture (but I didn't create the map yet)

TinyLaF v1.3.04
'Default.theme' not found - using YQ default theme.
imageUpdate
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: C:\Documents and Settings\bhart\.maptool\assetcache\6e55fb8e95d907392c72f6fda7b94f72 is an invalid asset path
at net.rptools.maptool.transfer.AssetProducer.<init>(AssetProducer.java:24)
at net.rptools.maptool.server.ServerMethodHandler.getAsset(ServerMethodHandler.java:213)
at net.rptools.maptool.server.ServerMethodHandler.handleMethod(ServerMethodHandler.java:81)
at net.rptools.clientserver.hessian.AbstractMethodHandler.handleMessage(AbstractMethodHandler.java:55)
at net.rptools.clientserver.simple.AbstractConnection.dispatchMessage(AbstractConnection.java:68 )
at net.rptools.clientserver.simple.server.ServerConnection.handleMessage(ServerConnection.java:80)
at net.rptools.clientserver.simple.AbstractConnection.dispatchMessage(AbstractConnection.java:68 )
at net.rptools.clientserver.simple.client.ClientConnection.access$3(ClientConnection.java:1)
at net.rptools.clientserver.simple.client.ClientConnection$ReceiveThread.run(ClientConnection.java:188 )

Now I will create the map and see if I get another one: Nope - no additional error but stuck (not locked up) at the loading map at 0%

Very strange how it is looking in the AssetCache folder.. :?

trevor

Post by trevor »

Ok, cool that's a helpful stack trace. I'll get that patched up for the next build.

Generally speaking we should be back on a more regular build schedule. I imagine every Monday, unless I have something really broken.

trevor

Post by trevor »

dLANbandit wrote: I'm taking that to be the all clear for hacker/contributers to start building patches for 1.3
Yup :) But as always, please coordinate contribution work with me so that I know what people are working on.

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

OK.

I was going to try my hand at doing something more significant this time. Like adding some FONT/STYLE/COLOR controls by chat /function to the preferences dialog. Thus allowing people to set how all /whispers show up to them or /rolls or /ooc. The hack I contributed before is proving inflexible and not providing as much immersion as I had hoped.

I figure that was pretty minor add in, for someone like you to build, but a step beyond what I have contributed before. Plus non-invasive enough that no one would object to that addition.

Return to “Announcements”