MapTool 1.3 Final, patch04 (build 87)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Final, patch04 (build 87)

Post by Azhrei »

This is the YAMTB(*) release.

(*)Yet Another MapTool Build

Quite a few bug fixes in this patch release and a lot of third-party libraries were updated to the latest version. Based on the Release Notes of the updated libraries, there should some speedups in various areas (JSON operations, for example). New license files have been added under lib/readme/ for those libraries that have been updated.

A Default.theme file is now included in the ZIP version and it can be copied to .maptool/config to ensure it is used. It reduces the horizontal padding of buttons from 12px to 4px. If your platform sets the current directory when you execute a program from the GUI, then copying the file won't be necessary. (Some platforms do this, some don't. Copying the file will work on all platforms.)

The various XML files for turning on debugging features and the shell scripts that can generate them have been moved into the Misc/ directory of the ZIP file to clean up the top-level directory a bit.

A new option on the Help menu should make it much easier to help people who are having problems with networking issues or other things. We can direct users to run that and then copy/paste the information into a posting here and we'll have a bunch of information about their setup that will be useful for diagnosing problems.

This is likely the last patch for 1.3. If you find a problem please report it, but be aware that problems that have known workarounds will be considered low priority and may not be fixed in 1.3. Those people doing translations can send me updated files at any time and I will roll those changes into a build, probably once every 4-6 weeks.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch04 (build 87)

Post by neofax »

Thanks! Now maybe I can stop hearing about someone not being able to see when they move between maps.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

wolph42 wrote:WOOT! new build. Congrats! Does this mean that you now are going to focus you full effort on 1.4?
Depends on how well this build works. We are sitting back now, waiting and watching, to see how many praises or curses we get first. :lol:

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

wolph42 wrote:WOOT! new build. Congrats! Does this mean that you now are going to focus you full effort on 1.4?
Well, I haven't had much time lately to begin with -- which is why it's taken a few weeks to get this build released! But yes, if this one doesn't have any big problems we're probably done. I'll still accept translations and put out builds over the new few months, but I don't expect anything major.

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

Azhrei- you rock!

Will go check it out now...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now using Dolby Axon for RPG sessions.
(Forget Skype. Put your players into a 3D sound environment.)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Looks like the interface got a couple of tweaks. Purple active frames and frame padding reduced. So, far nothing has blown up on my end, so it's looking pretty good.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

aliasmask wrote:Looks like the interface got a couple of tweaks. Purple active frames and frame padding reduced. So, far nothing has blown up on my end, so it's looking pretty good.
Yeah, I am noticing that too. That wasn't happening when I did my testing last night. I even notice the fonts being changed in the top menu. I bet this is the result of Azhrei putting in one last thing before release. LOL
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

Don't know whether this was me upgrading to Snow Leopard or Azhrei putting it in (when in doubt it's the latter), but....:

-New fonts: The whole thing looks MUCH better.
-More responsive feel
-Light/Player view works properly again.
-Most of my German menu translations have finally made it in

This just on first notice.

Overall: A+! Great! Thanks Azhrei.
Now using Dolby Axon for RPG sessions.
(Forget Skype. Put your players into a 3D sound environment.)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Woo hoo!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Hmm, just noticed the snap to grid changed. If I move a token slightly to the left or up, then it jumps to next square. This is something that use to happen, but was fixed.

edit: Also, it's kind of annoying that token label and move distance is below the FOW, but I'm not sure if having the token above the FOW be a good idea.. maybe only during the move?

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Great news ! Will be used on monday night.
ImageImageImageImage

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

aliasmask wrote:Hmm, just noticed the snap to grid changed. If I move a token slightly to the left or up, then it jumps to next square. This is something that use to happen, but was fixed.
Seems to me a simple problem, "onTokenDrag" uses the top left coordinates as the mouse position, instead of the centre of the token. I'm a fan of the new font myself, much more clearer. It seems though I have to re-arrange all of my frames again as they have reverted to default, however this will only take a few seconds.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

aliasmask wrote:Hmm, just noticed the snap to grid changed. If I move a token slightly to the left or up, then it jumps to next square. This is something that use to happen, but was fixed.

edit: Also, it's kind of annoying that token label and move distance is below the FOW, but I'm not sure if having the token above the FOW be a good idea.. maybe only during the move?
OK, I just tested the token move - mine seems to be working fine with square grids. I did notice it a bit sensitive with hex grids. What grid are you noticing this issue with?

Also, regarding the Labels: Are you saying that we changed behavior with this version or that you are asking for a future request?
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

dorpond wrote:OK, I just tested the token move - mine seems to be working fine with square grids. I did notice it a bit sensitive with hex grids. What grid are you noticing this issue with?
I can't speak for aliasmask, but currently with this build on a 1 unit square grid with 50 pixels per square at 100% zoom, the following happens:
  • When I press and hold my left mouse button on a token, and move my mouse up, it takes one pixel of movement to move the token up.
  • When I press and hold my left mouse button on a token, and move my mouse left, it takes one pixel of movement to move the token left.
  • When I press and hold my left mouse button on a token, and move my mouse down, it takes fifty pixels of movement to move the token down.
  • When I press and hold my left mouse button on a token, and move my mouse right, it takes fifty pixels of movement to move the token right.
In other words, upon left click-hold/drag on a token to move it, the cursor now snaps (moves) to the top left corner of the grid cell at the start of the left click-hold/drag, and not to the centre as previously occurred.

Return to “Announcements”