InitTool 1.0 Release Candidate Build 23

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

InitTool 1.0 Release Candidate Build 23

Post by jay »

Init Tool 1.0 build 23 is now ready for download. This fixes a problem where using the editor dialog and editing in the index card were stepping on each other.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Thanks Jay!

So what do we have to look forward to in version 1.1? Just curious is all.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The big changes are:
  • Scripting
  • User definable index cards
  • Calendar
  • Integration with Map Tool
  • Time of Day
  • Message Area

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

jay wrote:The big changes are:
  • Scripting
  • User definable index cards
  • Calendar
  • Integration with Map Tool
  • Time of Day
  • Message Area
Awesome! Sounds like IT could slowly evolve to being a campaign manager. At least it will cover the things I need in a campaign manager like a calendar. Brilliant.

Some feature requests for the calendar:

1. That the calendar has a place where you can enter the weather for that day. That way we can generate the weather in advance using the D&D rules (or just make it up) and add it to the calendar so we know what the weather will be like - assuming the PCs don't move around in the world so much the climatte changes of course. That would be top. Of course if we have a weather generator in the future it can auto populate this field for each day.

2. A different view for players and GMs.
e.g. I might want to add an entry saying that on this day in the future Geddon's filth fever will develop but I don't want them to know that. But I would like them to be able to see that in a week's time their prepaid board and lodgings will run out. Perhaps the players can add their own entries as well?

3. A way to say 'this happens in twelve days time' and for the calendar to know when that is rather than me having to work it out.

4. Customised calendar with my own days months and years.

5. An HTML export of the calendar.

6. Moon phases to be included (very useful for working out light conditions at night and also lycanthropyy issues!)

I don't want much. :wink:

Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Blakey wrote:Some feature requests for the calendar:

1. That the calendar has a place where you can enter the weather for that day. That way we can generate the weather in advance using the D&D rules (or just make it up) and add it to the calendar so we know what the weather will be like - assuming the PCs don't move around in the world so much the climatte changes of course. That would be top. Of course if we have a weather generator in the future it can auto populate this field for each day.
Support for weather generation has a tracker for it. I don't know if it will make it into this release though. There will be a way to add all of the notes and detailed info you need for the day.
Blakey wrote:2. A different view for players and GMs.
e.g. I might want to add an entry saying that on this day in the future Geddon's filth fever will develop but I don't want them to know that. But I would like them to be able to see that in a week's time their prepaid board and lodgings will run out. Perhaps the players can add their own entries as well?
Right now there isn't a way for the players to view anything from Init Tool at all unless you export it as HTML. I can do this pretty easily in the export function. I've added this to the bug.

The only other way for the players to see the calendar would be to send them the data file so that they can see it int IT. Since the data file is XML it would be too easy for them to just open the file in an editor and read the entries. As we integrate MT & IT there might be a way to see this during play, but that might take awhile before it is implemented.
Blakey wrote:3. A way to say 'this happens in twelve days time' and for the calendar to know when that is rather than me having to work it out.

4. Customised calendar with my own days months and years.

5. An HTML export of the calendar.
All of these are planned.
Blakey wrote:6. Moon phases to be included (very useful for working out light conditions at night and also lycanthropyy issues!)
I'll add a tracker for this.

Return to “Announcements”