TokenTool 1.0 Development Build 27

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

dLANbandit wrote:Dorpond, can you make a 'clear' one that has the bevel effect on it? I would like to have the base make the map grid look like it has risen up slightly where the token is placed.
Shouldn't be a problem. Let me see what I can do. It will probably be tomorrow though - cool?

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

dorpond wrote:
dLANbandit wrote:Dorpond, can you make a 'clear' one that has the bevel effect on it? I would like to have the base make the map grid look like it has risen up slightly where the token is placed.
Shouldn't be a problem. Let me see what I can do. It will probably be tomorrow though - cool?
Unacceptable!!!

Seriously though, thanks. You are awesome.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote: Heh, I've had them in the gallery since I first discovered Rptools. :)
I actually thought Token Tool worked that way at first but then found out differently. I left them up there anyway just for this day! :) :D
Whoah, that's amazing ! Dang you work fast !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:
dorpond wrote: Heh, I've had them in the gallery since I first discovered Rptools. :)
I actually thought Token Tool worked that way at first but then found out differently. I left them up there anyway just for this day! :) :D
Whoah, that's amazing ! Dang you work fast !
I can see into the future. :wink:

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Well, I was on a different computer with different tools than what I am used to. After playing with it though I had to come to the conclusion that the frame had to back off from directional shadows and bevels or else the tokens would look correct when rotated amongst others. There still is some but I had no choice -without shadows, there is no bevel. Until Trevor has a way of having the base stay still while the image rotates, this will have to do for now. (hope all that made sense)

Tell me if this will do:

Here is it in use:

Here is another token to play around with:

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I will try again tomorrow on my good computer ;)

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

awesome, thanks.

It would look a little bit better with a stationary base, but all in all I like this style a lot.

Thanks.

Return to “Announcements”