MapTool 1.3 Development Build 3

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 3

Post by trevor »

The "Holy statsheet Batman" build

This build removes the old minisheet and adds the new statsheet.

It works just like the minisheet, set up your properties in the File->Campaign Properties... dialog.

Build 3 (6/28/07)
* Another change to fix the exception when creating a new map
* Make token properties not update the token until the OK button is clicked
* Add statsheets (blue for NPCs and lightgray for PCs)
* Tweak AssetPaint to fix a problem with loading new textures as map backgrounds and maps
* Add weather textures to the default images

NOTE: The Campaign Properties dialog still has a bug (dangit, I thought I got it), it should also mention that adding a "@" at the front makes it an Owner only property, hence only owners of the token will see it.

To see the statsheets, add values to the properties on the token that have been designated with * on the Campaign Properties dialog

Please comment on usage in this thread
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Okay, maybe I'm dense. I can't seem to get the new features to work.

I've loaded it up, confirmed I'm running 1.3b3.

I've closed all other maptool campaigns. I drag a token onto the map. I edit the properties so all properties have values. I double check the campaign properties that there are * in front of values I want seen (default ones). I mouse over the token. Nothing. I click the token. Nothing. I tried restoring default images. I can see the weather overlays.

I can't seem to figure out how to make the new features show up. Forgive me if I'm being dense and there's a way to turn it on or something!

In other news, there's some odd behavior when I mouse over a token. I mouse over it and let it sit there a moment. The name doesn't appear or there's no outline. If I try to click then it doesn't show the name out outline unless I actually move the cursor outside the token's area.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

I'm having problems with this too. I place a token on the map, then open up the token properties, change it from NPC to PC and then fill out the stats. When I mouse over, nothing happens. Furthermore, when I re-open the token properties, all the stats have cleared. Not sure what is going on but any helpful advice would be great.

--- additional results.

Okay, now I have added two extra tokens, an NPC and a PC. Suddenly all tokens are saving all stats other than elevation. However a new and interesting bug has appeared. When I click on a token nothing happens. If I click repeatedly, sometimes I get the token properties dialogue. Sometimes I get my name overlayed over the token name and the square goes lighter, exactly as if I were about to move it.

Okay, I've found the issue. When you click a token, it no longer brings up the border and the name, until you move the mouse away from the token. However it *is* selected, so even if the border isn't visible, you can still click and drag.

darn, just read Hawke's post again - He already figured this one out. Ah well.

All very weird, but still no pretty stat sheet.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

OK, I was able to get it to fail also.

1. Elevation will not 'stick'. Put a number in there, hit OK, go back in - it isn't there.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Request: I could have sworn yesterday during development testing, the tag went away after we moved the token. I am not talking about during the move, I am talking about after we moved the token into position. Currently as soon as I let go of the mouse, the tag is "pop" right in your face covering the battle scene.

Perhaps design it so that once we let go of the mouse button, the tag does not appear until we take the mouse off of the token and move it back on again? Maybe even have that on a timer also.

It just didn't feel right having the tag pop up right after I moved my token into battle position - we need to be able to see body parts go flying! :) Oh wait, that is Maptool 3.0! :wink:

trevor

Post by trevor »

Weird. Are you guys getting any exceptions in the console ?

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Hawke wrote: I mouse over the token. Nothing. I click the token. Nothing. I tried restoring default images. I can see the weather overlays.

I can't seem to figure out how to make the new features show up. Forgive me if I'm being dense and there's a way to turn it on or something
I am not able to reproduce this at all. Pop-up are working instantly in all attempts.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:Weird. Are you guys getting any exceptions in the console ?
Nope, not getting any errors. Just not able to fill in the elevation and hav eit stick.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

No exceptions. The stat-card just doesn't appear.

trevor

Post by trevor »

That's some odd behavior. Odd that it seems to happen to some people and not others.

And 1.3b2 works correctly ?

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Just checked 1.3b2. It works fine, elevation sticks too and when I click the token, it selects properly.

I also noticed that when I mouse-over in 1.3b3, I don't even get the name of the token. So something seems pretty broken in the mouse-over routines.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

OK, I figured it out Trevor.

I was testing using Developer through Eclipse. With developer, I only had the Elevation issue.

So then I just downloaded the ZIP version and with that version, I am experiencing the pop-up not working issue.

Something went south when you pushed it or something. You might want to do an emergency build or something.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Thanks for the testing dorpond, I'll take a look at the zip and make another build this morning/afternoon

trevor

Post by trevor »

OK, I'm seeing the same thing when using the webstart version. Unfortunately it's not giving me any indication of why, so I"ll have to make some tweaks and build and see if it helps .... hold on

trevor

Post by trevor »

OK, figured it out, when I updated to a new rplib, I neglected to remove the old one, so it's picking that one up instead, and silently failing. Build pending

Return to “Announcements”