MapTool 1.3 Development Build 5

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

torstan wrote: Secondly, player view seems to be completely stuffed. I put a PC token on the default map, gave it 60' vision, exposed visible area. It is sitting in the middle of a nice clear area on GM view. I then ctrl-shift-P to switch to player view and the whole thing is black.
Hmmm, I just did these steps and did not see it all turn black. If you save the campaign and reload it, is the player view still snafu'd ? If so, please email me the campaign.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Hey Snikle and Trevor.

If those StatSheets can be made by just keeping the "white" semi-transparent effects and outlines, we could then have Maptool assign the inside color of the statsheets. The end result would be the same as they look now except that the user could define the color so that they can see the sheet on their maps.

I think no matter what color we try to force the sheet, someone will have a hard time seeing it on certain maps. This way if a user wants to see the sheet on the ocean map, they just change the blue statsheet to green or something.

Snikle, if you want help with this, feel free to contact me.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

*edit: Solved it but I'll put in the description here. See below for the obvious answer.

Yep, even after saving, it's still snarfed. I've tried it from the batch file under both 512 and 1G of RAM. Steps in clear order:

1. drag on a token, set to PC and give it a player name
2. Give token 60' vision
3. reveal visible area
4. make map visible to players
5. switch to player view.

Screenshot:

... and the corresponding GM view:

You can just see a thin line in the top one.

I've also uploaded the campaign file here:
http://gallery.rptools.net/d/15028-1/te ... 1e4b6bd52c

Please have a go at it and let me know where I have been really stupid :)

Ah, found it. I hadn't set the token to be visible to players, as I hadn't realised that the greyed out name now designates a token that is not visible to players. Could we please have a different way of designating 'not visible to players'. At the moment invisible NPC names are impossible to read. Perhaps a coloured outline for the name box?

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

torstan wrote: At the moment invisible NPC names are impossible to read. Perhaps a coloured outline for the name box?
Ooohh.. Good Spot! With the new name tags, we cannot read the names anymore when they are not visible to players. Good spot!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

torstan wrote:Could we please have a different way of designating 'not visible to players'.
Ahh, right, I remember that now, non visible tokens had a dark gray background. I'll get with snikle and get some dark colored labels.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Announcements”