MapTool 1.3 Development Build 5

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 5

Post by trevor »

The "Bug fixes and polish" release

Build 5 (7/2/07)
* Fix bug: statsheet text color needs to be explicitly set
* Add sound effect when new message received
* Make the taskbar icon flash when new messages are received but window is not in focus
* Fix bug: tools not properly disconnecting themselves when switching maps (example: topology overlay getting stuck when switching maps)
* Use snikle's new label graphics
* Add token property short names to Campaign Properties dialog
* Use property short names in statsheet
* Add formatting instructions to the Campaign Properties dialog
* Fix bug: using token macros/speech clears out your /impersonate identity
* Selecting a "Map" on the New Map dialog will set the map name to the image name
* Using "+" to reset the zoom to 1:1 will toggle with the previous zoom level
* Fix bug: text labels under the fog show up when GM is in Player View mode

Please post any bugs, quirks, or suggestions directly in this post.

Thanks !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

gah! cannot keep up with you!!!
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

teban
Giant

Post by teban »

Love it all Trevor!! :D I love the fact all the stats fit nice in the mini and the taskbar audio are sweet options. I did find a small bug when i played around with a New Map, I clicked on "map" in the map properties box and then went to click cancel to get out it did nothing? however, I could x out I did restart MT to confirm. This was from a Webstart and the background and fog options canel out just fine?

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

snikle wrote:gah! cannot keep up with you!!!
He's startin' to cook again... :)
Game On!

trevor

Post by trevor »

teban wrote:I did find a small bug when i played around with a New Map, I clicked on "map" in the map properties box and then went to click cancel to get out it did nothing?
Thanks for the note, I'll get that fixed for 1.3b6

trevor

Post by trevor »

Emryys wrote:
snikle wrote:gah! cannot keep up with you!!!
He's startin' to cook again... :)
About time !

teban
Giant

Post by teban »

WHAT NEXT?

Build 6 (7/2/07)
* Fix bug: Maptools now has AI GM option
* Add Patrick Stewerts voice to chat
* Used snikle's new label graphics to save family of 4 from burning building
* Add token AI they now need to be feed and entertained to avoid random -1 to charters properties
* Fix bug: option available to turn off the war in Iraq mode

Thanks !

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Looks sweet! I like the short property option - really makes the statsheet look a lot better. I like this choice on stat sheet underlay, better.

May I suggest having the name of the token draw over the statsheet? Right now I think it draws underneath and would look better if it was over, I think, for those long names.

(Random not-important question I thought about while playing around: any reason why fog reveal couldn't be done in a "fade away" sort of way? I figure it might be system intensive to do so, so it'd definitely be an option... but as I played around and showed some people it came to mind.)

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

teban wrote:* Fix bug: Maptools now has AI GM option
* Add token AI they now need to be feed and entertained to avoid random -1 to charters properties
I highly recommend all these features... :P
Game On!

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Okay, I'm having significant problems. First, a minor issue, the default colour for PC token names is light grey on a grey background which is almost unreadable. Can't we have a default of black for our token labels?

Secondly, player view seems to be completely stuffed. I put a PC token on the default map, gave it 60' vision, exposed visible area. It is sitting in the middle of a nice clear area on GM view. I then ctrl-shift-P to switch to player view and the whole thing is black. I opened up a second maptool instance and connected as player. I gave the second instance ownership of the token and still nothing. The only thing that is revealed is a 1 pixel line around the edge of the vision area. I move the token and the 1 pixel line updates - it seems to be tracking the edge of the totally revealed area. No errors in either java console. (... and yes I *did* make the map visible to players)

When I manually reveal FOW, nothing happens, not even a 1 pixel outline for those regions.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Can anyone else reproduce this?

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Hawke wrote: May I suggest having the name of the token draw over the statsheet? Right now I think it draws underneath and would look better if it was over, I think, for those long names.
Ohhh.. OK, I see. When zooming out far the tag overlaps the name of the token. I see. Yeah, we should probably fix that.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

torstan wrote:Okay, I'm having significant problems. First, a minor issue, the default colour for PC token names is light grey on a grey background which is almost unreadable. Can't we have a default of black for our token labels?
Hey Torstan, can you provide a screen shot of this map you are talking about with the statsheet not showing well? I am very curious. In general, it is hard to find a color that won't blend into every single map available. grey seemed to have worked fine in my several testings so I am very curious what the map looks like where you are having difficulties seeing the statsheet.

Thanks!

trevor

Post by trevor »

teban wrote:WHAT NEXT?

Build 6 (7/2/07)
* Fix bug: Maptools now has AI GM option

Thanks !
ROFLMAO !

trevor

Post by trevor »

Hawke wrote: (Random not-important question I thought about while playing around: any reason why fog reveal couldn't be done in a "fade away" sort of way? I figure it might be system intensive to do so, so it'd definitely be an option... but as I played around and showed some people it came to mind.)
This sounds like a good candidate for when I rework the rendering and put animation in

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

torstan wrote: Secondly, player view seems to be completely stuffed. I put a PC token on the default map, gave it 60' vision, exposed visible area. It is sitting in the middle of a nice clear area on GM view. I then ctrl-shift-P to switch to player view and the whole thing is black. I opened up a second maptool instance and connected as player. I gave the second instance ownership of the token and still nothing. The only thing that is revealed is a 1 pixel line around the edge of the vision area. I move the token and the 1 pixel line updates - it seems to be tracking the edge of the totally revealed area. No errors in either java console. (... and yes I *did* make the map visible to players)

When I manually reveal FOW, nothing happens, not even a 1 pixel outline for those regions.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Can anyone else reproduce this?
hmmm.. I cannot recreate this behavior Torstan. Can you give us as much details as possible about your configuration?

Return to “Announcements”