MapTool 1.3 Development Build 6

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

mudpyr8 wrote: XdYh would also be okay. The Hero System notation for this type of dice roll is XdYN, so for Hero gamers that would be familiar.

The parser has a limitation right now that I haven't had a chance to fix. It cannot return multiple results for the same expression, so for now it is difficult to support hero dice. I plan on fixing this as soon as I can find some time as it is very important to be able to support things like hero dice.

Thanks for the suggestion.
~Giliath

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

mudpyr8 wrote: XdYh would also be okay. The Hero System notation for this type of dice roll is XdYN, so for Hero gamers that would be familiar.
Does something like this make sense: XdYN+10? What does that mean exactly, do you add it to the BODY or the STUN, or both?
~Giliath

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

That doesn't make sense in Hero, sort of.

There are basically three types of damage rolls in Hero.
  • STUN only - You just take the value rolled without counting BODY
  • Normal - You count STUN and BODY as mudpyr mentioned
  • Killing - The value on the dice is the BODY, then you roll another die - 1 to determine the STUN multiplier. So if you rolled 5 BODY and then on the multiplier die you rolled a 6 that would be a x5 so the STUN would be 25. Also, if hit locations are used, they have their own multipliers which you don't roll for.
Then there are Explosion dice for any of the above. The way that works is you subtract the largest die for each hex distance based on the damage drop-off distance.

Of course all the above is in the Java code that I gave Trevor. It has all the different combinations already coded in.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

mudpyr8
Giant

Post by mudpyr8 »

Oh, oooh, awesome. So code has been submitted. Great. Explosions would require that the dice be listed individually as well as totaled (man, if you could do a sum of STUN & BODY for each hex, how cool would THAT be?).

It sounds like we are headed in the right direction. Thanks guys.
Legendsmiths presents:
NOVA6, streamlined universal RPG where action happens at the speed of narrative
Narosia * Sea of Tears, a complete fantasy game powered by the Hero System.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

You bet. I actually got the code from Dan for the Hero Central dice roller. HE gave me the actual Java not the jscript that the site uses. So if the can implement that... how sweet will that be? :D
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

trevor wrote:
Hawke wrote: MapTool returns: Could not execute the command: null
That's a bug. I'll fix it for b7
This is fixed for 1.3b7
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Announcements”