MapTool 1.3 Development Build 6

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

teban wrote:Well with the Mini sheet most likely having a repeat of the same info as the stat sheet, I'd like to use the stat sheet to track things like HP, # of arrows/clips....ect things that change. It seems like the ability to alter the info on the fly would be a real handy option.
Agreed. I haven't thought of a good way to handle that kind of thing yet, I don't know if the statsheet is the best place for that though. The problem is that the stat sheet is designed to be very transient, so you get info quick, and it goes away quicker. Making it stick around to handle clicking and such makes it slow. Perhaps the minisheet would be good for that kind of thing ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

trevor wrote:Perhaps the minisheet would be good for that kind of thing ?
Specifically, again, because you'll probably only have your specific character's minisheet open anyway

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Just played a game last night with the latest version. It went really well! The players really liked the statsheet graphics and usage. We setup a public stat that was "damage" which I updated with how much damage was done to the character. On the PCs we used AC, HP, Damage, Movement. My players asked if it will ever be possible for there to be a field that could be (max_hp - damage) - I assured them it would be at some point once we get scripting.

A few things came up:

If loginname == tokenname and you try to "impersonate" your token it doesn't work. You do not get the token image in chat. Players could easily impersonate other tokens - just not one with their login name. We solved this by logging back in and adding a space to the end of the name (thank you, Ender) and it worked as suspected. Also might want to consider trimming whitespace off of login names.

We also ran into the known frustrations about having to hit enter or select another cell when editing properties / macros rather than simply hitting "okay."

It also crashed on me once when I tried to drag a token from the file tree to the map. I'm not sure the details about that, the whole system seemed to freak out and I couldn't get to a place to see if there were any errors in the console.

Apparently if you save a new campaign in this version, you're unable to open it up again. I could be wrong on this, it could've just been corrupted but after the crash I recovered the autosave. I immediately saved it. I then restarted MapTool and several other programs on my computer but it was unable to open up that saved campaign

I'm sure many of these bugs are expected behavior at this point - and we fully understand the risks involved while playing games during these early betas. I'm not complaining - just trying to be thorough in case there are behaviors that weren't expected!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Thanks for the play test hawke, I"ll check out the save issue. Sounds like you guys had fun !

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

trevor wrote:Thanks for the play test hawke, I"ll check out the save issue. Sounds like you guys had fun !
We've been doing some arena stuff the last few weeks trying to gain favor enough to get access to the inner-city and potentially try to assassinate the evil king / badguy once they can get in. Last night was part of that arena game thing I asked about in the general forum a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can get some screenshots and do the write up over there. We had a great time.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Hawke wrote:I'll see if I can get some screenshots and do the write up over there. We had a great time.
Awesome !

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Would it be possible to right click or double click tokens in the chat to go to them? Might be useful in very large games.

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

Hawke wrote:Would it be possible to right click or double click tokens in the chat to go to them? Might be useful in very large games.
This would be handy... :)
Game On!

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Hawke wrote:Would it be possible to right click or double click tokens in the chat to go to them? Might be useful in very large games.
Did you know you can currently do that with the Token Tree?

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

dorpond wrote:Did you know you can currently do that with the Token Tree?
Tell us more! That is another great tip that needs to be added.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

RPMiller wrote:
dorpond wrote:Did you know you can currently do that with the Token Tree?
Tell us more! That is another great tip that needs to be added.
Good idea. I added it to the FAQ.

mudpyr8
Giant

Post by mudpyr8 »

Hero Dice. I like the new dice parcer but I propose one more be added:

Code: Select all

Format  Function    Arguments
XdYN     hero 	      2	 
count the amount of BODY rolled on the dice as well as the total. For every 1 rolled, sum 0 BODY, for every 2-5, sum 1 BODY, for every 6 rolled, sum 2 BODY. 

output:

Code: Select all

« 4d6N ⇒ 18 , 5 body », assuming a 6, 6, 5, 1 was rolled
XdYh would also be okay. The Hero System notation for this type of dice roll is XdYN, so for Hero gamers that would be familiar.
Legendsmiths presents:
NOVA6, streamlined universal RPG where action happens at the speed of narrative
Narosia * Sea of Tears, a complete fantasy game powered by the Hero System.

mudpyr8
Giant

Post by mudpyr8 »

I like the new Show as Player functionality. Any possibility of getting that in a separate window? That's the main feature I'm looking for so I can run my game locally on two monitors with one facing the players. This would eliminate the need for me to run a second instance of MapTool for the screen/players.

Maybe a Preferences setting:

"Show As Player in Separate Window" checkbox

The key here is that this window will track the session like any other client session (Enforce Map, Center Players, etc.)
Legendsmiths presents:

mudpyr8
Giant

Post by mudpyr8 »

Snap to Grid drawings on hexes are not symmetrical. Draw a circle snap to grid and you can only make it an even set of units in one direction, not both.

The texture draw functionality is awesome, with having the default textures right there.

Hmmm, I'm thinking the only thing really missing for me is a "vehicle" layer or token link. Essentially you can put tokens onto another token, link them and move them as one. The "vehicle" will always remain behind all other tokens. I know you can select multiple tokens and move them as one, but being able to anchor them to a platform/vehicle object would be very handy.

The ability to move a text label would be sweet.

Vision is working sweet as well.
Legendsmiths presents:

trevor

Post by trevor »

Thanks for the feedback mudpyr8, I believe they are all in the works :)

Return to “Announcements”