MapTool 1.3 Final, patch06 (build 89)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Dracones
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch05 (build 89)

Post by Dracones »

Is there a known bug with tables and using expanded dice rolls with OpenJDK? I've seen this in b87 and b89 across two computers.

Image of the bug: http://tarsis.org/me/maptool/table_bug.png
Table code: http://tarsis.org/me/maptool/table.txt
Debug info: http://tarsis.org/me/maptool/debug.txt

Using r works fine, it's when I use e on the dice rolls I get a duplicate table row. The Oracle JDK seems to work fine though.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Woot ! Thanks a lot for the new release, will test that asap using French local. and will report if I find any problem.

I'd like to help with the French localization of the app. Who should I contact for that ?

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Issue tested with Java 1.6 AND 1.7 :

with b89, MT does not seem to remember the position of Frames that are added via a framework (on my frameworks, MT did remember their position with b87. Opening the same exact FW with b89 shows this issue). Frames always re-open on the middle of the screen, undocked after restarting MT and reopening the FW. This seems related to MT b89 and not to Java version. I did check that these frames had the temporary=0 switch, which seems to be ignored by b89. Note that MT was opened using the .bat file (see below), don't know if it's related to not saving these frames' positions.

Following comments are for a US Windows 7 x64, with Java 1.7.0_13 :
  • I confirm there is a problem starting MT from MaptoolLauncher.exe or from one of the BAT files. With the included config files, I get "Error: Unable to access Jarvile maptool-*.jar

I could start maptool using the Launch MapTool-1G-Memory.bat file after editing its content to :

Code: Select all

set VERS=1.3.b89
    javaw -Xmx1024m -Xms512m -Xss6m -Duser.language=FR -Duser.region=FR  -Dfile.encoding="UTF-8" -jar maptool-%VERS%.jar run
    This allows MT to start with French localization and utf8 encoding.
  • Loading the same framework with java 1.6 or 1.7, I noticed that HTML layout had changed with Java 7. See screnshots below : It looks like this is an issue with the way Cellspacing is handled by java 1.7. Is there any way to workaround it ?

Java 1.6 is on the left, Java 1.7 is on the right
    Image_______Image

Xanex Caligula
Giant

Post by Xanex Caligula »

Dang it, wish life hadn't crushed my weekly game into non-existence, so I could test this out with a group. Still, kudos for the work involved. I'll open it up and at least see what I can see by myself.

Vhex
Giant

Post by Vhex »

I think wolph had a thread about the html changes and what to do, has to be fixed in your frame code.

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

@wolph try deleting the 1.05 sbbi libraries and put in 1.04. Also delete the commons-jxpath 1.3 and replace it with version 1.1 (found in MT b86-) This reverts the sbbi setup to its last official dependency. Though it might be better to help Az by using things as they are once he releases a version with enhanced logging to help with debugging.

@FullBleed try out the latest launcher in my sig. Everyone else is welcome to test it as well. One user already reports successful launch of b89 under Windows 8 that has Java 7.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

I did find Wolph's thread about the cell spacing issue with Java 7. It seems adding cellspacing='0' to tables helps with the issue.

Can anyone reproduce this Issue I tested with Java 1.6 AND 1.7 ?

with b89, MT does not seem to remember the position of Frames that are added via a framework (on my frameworks, MT did remember their position with b87. Opening the same exact FW with b89 shows this issue). Frames always re-open on the middle of the screen, undocked after restarting MT and reopening the FW. This seems related to MT b89 and not to Java version. I did check that these frames had the temporary=0 switch, which seems to be ignored by b89. Note that MT was opened using the .bat file (see below), don't know if it's related to not saving these frames' positions.

@FullBleed try out the latest launcher in my sig. Everyone else is welcome to test it as well. One user already reports successful launch of b89 under Windows 8 that has Java 7.
I tested it, and it worked fine (windows 7, java 7 x64 build 13). I had to point the launcher to the correct version of Java : c:\program files\java\jre7\bin

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Dracones wrote:Using r works fine, it's when I use e on the dice rolls I get a duplicate table row. The Oracle JDK seems to work fine though.
Any resolution on this? Wolph suggested using both r and e.

Thanks for the note, booga. I still haven't created the ChangeLog entry on the wiki yet (sigh) so I'll keep an eye out for this while I'm creating that list. Perhaps a patch that touches that area will jump out at me and I can check the patch again.

I'm going to add that UPNP logging right now. I probably won't do a full build (lots of overhead) but just make a new JAR file available. I'll post here again when I've done that (a separate post will trigger notifications for anyone who's subscribed to this forum or this post, like I am).

Edit: The logging updates are going to take a little longer than expected. I'll get the new JAR out later tonight or first thing Monday. It'll be a replacement for the sbbi-upnp library, plus an XML file to turn on the logging. I'll start a separate thread in the Testers forum for this with instructions on how to use it. The plan is to dump everything going to or coming from the router, including the HTTP send/request packets. It should be very enlightening. ;)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

There error reminds me of another error where it had some extra looping involved, but I can't recall the thread. I never used e: before, so I never ran in to that problem.

JML
Dragon

Post by JML »

booga wrote:I did find Wolph's thread about the cell spacing issue with Java 7. It seems adding cellspacing='0' to tables helps with the issue.
I think it's this one: HTML: Java 6 vs Java 7

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

JML wrote:
booga wrote:I did find Wolph's thread about the cell spacing issue with Java 7. It seems adding cellspacing='0' to tables helps with the issue.
I think it's this one: HTML: Java 6 vs Java 7
yup! and cellspacing='0' was already mentioned in this thread as well.

edit: @LEE:
Lee wrote:@wolph try deleting the 1.05 sbbi libraries and put in 1.04. Also delete the commons-jxpath 1.3 and replace it with version 1.1 (found in MT b86-) This reverts the sbbi setup to its last official dependency. Though it might be better to help Az by using things as they are once he releases a version with enhanced logging to help with debugging.
did not work. nothing happened, no errors, no server started and on exit I got this:
log
2013-04-07 13:16:43,538 [swing.MapToolEventQueue:45] ERROR - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sbbi/upnp/messages/UPNPResponseException
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sbbi/upnp/messages/UPNPResponseException
at net.rptools.maptool.client.MapTool.disconnect(MapTool.java:1021)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.MapToolFrame.close(MapToolFrame.java:1334)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.MapToolFrame.closingMaintenance(MapToolFrame.java:1329)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.MapToolFrame.windowClosing(MapToolFrame.java:1288)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.windowClosing(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.processWindowEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JFrame.processWindowEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueuerun(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomaindoIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:38)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sbbi.upnp.messages.UPNPResponseException
at java.net.URLClassLoaderrun(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoaderrun(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 33 more

so i renamed the two 'new' files as before to 1.0.5 and 1.3 and tried again: same fail same error on exit.

Omethiklan
Cave Troll

Post by Omethiklan »

booga wrote:Can anyone reproduce this Issue I tested with Java 1.6 AND 1.7 ?

Confirmed. Did the same thing, used .bat file to start MT b89 on Win7 x64 machine, and observed the same phenomenon. Did not occur with MT b87.

My .bat file:

Code: Select all

SET VERS=1.3.b89
SET JAVA_HOME=D:\Apps x64\JAVA7\jre7\
SET PATH=%JAVA_HOME%bin;%PATH%
START javaw -Duser.language=EN -Duser.region=DE -DMAPTOOL_DATADIR=..\MTData -Dfile.encoding="UTF-8" -Xmx1024M -Xms64M -Xss6M -jar maptool-%VERS%.jar run
EXIT
Last edited by Omethiklan on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

5819 azhrei_fje New HTMLFrames (frame/dialog roll option) appear in the center of the screen; viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20068&p=211716
It was a problem for Mac users that frames showed up in upper left corner where the border was outside of where it could be grabbed and moved. I think the fix was to simple rest frames and center (although, I'm not a fan of the frame reset once defined). I did find a work around to the Mac issue by using Wiki: resetFrame() which I think is how the fix was applied, but I don't know for sure.

Omethiklan
Cave Troll

Post by Omethiklan »

Can that be changed (back) in b90? My framework uses a lot of macrobutton-frames, and it would be inconvenient to have to rearrange them at the start of each session again and again.

I mean that is a minor inconvenience all in all, but an inconvenience nonetheless as one was accustomed to not have this issue...

Return to “Announcements”