MapTool 1.3 Final, patch06 (build 89)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

loogie
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch06 (build 89)

Post by loogie »

everyone loves you Az.

any everyone else who contributes. to this day i keep fronting maptool as the best vtt out there by far!

cydthemagi
Kobold

Post by cydthemagi »

I haven't seen any news on how b90 is coming along, my Hope is that with b90 gamers will comeback to Maptools from Roll20.

Dervish
Giant

Post by Dervish »

I think Real life has consumed Ahzrei and left him a dessicated husk :)

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

RL blows. I'd rather be gaming.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Can I bribe someone to release B90?
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Glock-9mm wrote:Can I bribe someone to release B90?
You could always build your own. It takes a few downloads and a few hours of learning how, but once you know how, it's takes a few clicks and 5 minutes(or less) on any decent machine.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

jfrazierjr wrote:
You could always build your own. It takes a few downloads and a few hours of learning how, but once you know how, it's takes a few clicks and 5 minutes(or less) on any decent machine.
is the test-build-b90-beta not publicly available? I've been using it for my games now and it works fine!

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

wolph42 wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:
is the test-build-b90-beta not publicly available? I've been using it for my games now and it works fine!
I have no idea... but again, you get back to the situation of being "dependent" upon someone else. If "you" are ok with that approach, fine. But for the impatient, it's REALLY not that hard to build it yourself. Yea, there are a few gotcha's and some stuff you have to download and install, but anyone with a decent amount of computer proficiency should be able to build a usable MapTool jar file on Windows/linux within a couple of hours(with some guidance from devs here).
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

You mean you're not running it from within Eclipse anyway? ;)

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Offer Bribes... Get Slammed... Nice.

On the upside I have cookies :)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Glock-9mm wrote:Offer Bribes... Get Slammed... Nice.

On the upside I have cookies :)
Point is: there already IS a b90 (beta) available. Its not official but it should be around here on the forum. I've been using it for my games the last few weeks and it runs smoothly. There are a few bugs in it concerning jsons but they're relatively obscure.

Here's the link: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 76#p244504

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Jagged wrote:You mean you're not running it from within Eclipse anyway? ;)
Other than while developing.... umm nooo.... :P

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Glock-9mm wrote:Offer Bribes... Get Slammed... Nice.
No slams.. just statement of "my perception" of fact. :shock:

You can bribe me, but I can't do an official build. :( As has been stated a few times before, Azhrei is the only active person on the forums who can do an official build due a number of reason. Unfortunately, he travels fairly continually for his business and in most cases when he has free time during the week, he is on a really crappy hotel internet connection which really prevents him from effectively doing MapTool work. And of course, when he is home for 1.5 days on the weekends, he needs to spend time with his wife and getting things done around the house before heading back out again(I could not travel for a living... it would drive me crazy being on the move all the time!).

weezact7
Kobold

Post by weezact7 »

So, what is the status on Java 7 compatibility? I can't seem to find anything definitive about it.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

AFAIK java 7 works fine with b89. There's somewhat of a startup issue with the batch file, but I think it's discussed early in thread.

Return to “Announcements”