MapTool 1.3 Final, patch06 (build 89)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch05 (build 89)

Post by Azhrei »

yorick wrote:The Windows batch files do not function. The first line should read "set VERS=1.3.b89", not "VERS=1.3.b89".
Doh! Sorry, I'm not a Windows user and just tried to get something in there that would make it easy for a script to update later on. I have updated the batch files and b90 will be corrected. TYVM!
The Windows batch files set the stack size to 512k. The MaptoolLauncher default is 2M. Changing that option to -Xss2M sounds prudent.
Yep, reasonable idea.
The Windows batch files keep a command window around, although they use javaw. Using "start" would resolve this.
Well, having the console is one of the advantages. You don't have to go grab the .maptool/log.txt to see the log messages that way.

This has never been brought up before. What do others think?
MaptoolLauncher.exe does not function with Java 7, showing an error about maptool-*.jar. I understand this is a bug in Java 7. A workaround could be to have the launcher do the globbing and hand a full file name to Java.
Yes, this is a work in progress. Lee has a Java-based launcher with more bells and whistles and it will be cross-platform and hence a better choice than any of the others. I don't have a C++ compiler for Windows so I can't change the existing launcher (I know how the code would have to call opendir(3) and readdir(3), I just can't generate a binary).
JamzTheMan wrote:FYI: There are a couple of batch files that get around this limitation as well:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 7&start=25
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 6&start=60
Thanks, I'll check those out. (I've added a post to the J7 for Windows thread.)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Full Bleed wrote:
wolph42 wrote:Note: the 'no tokens on campaign load' issue is still there. I still need to zoom one click in or out to get the map.
5866 cwisniew Removed fix for map not displaying on first start up of campaign bug fix as it was causing a more serious bug with resizing of objects.
I'm pretty sure the above notation is actually referring to the "see no tokens" issue...

This has been around so long that I've decided it is intended behavior. ;)

I actually can't imagine not having to move around on the map a little bit on launch anyway, so this has been a pretty minor issue for me.
Doh!
I believe I be mentioned a couple of times now that I
Actually a really bad forum reader ...

Omethiklan
Cave Troll

Post by Omethiklan »

One more big THANK YOU to Az and all the contributors! You are simply amazing!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, I meant to add a patch that forces a zoom change after loading the campaign. That would solve it without having to figure out what the real problem is. (And hence, not spend a lot of time on it.) I'll do that for b90.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Azhrei wrote:Yeah, I meant to add a patch that forces a zoom change after loading the campaign. That would solve it without having to figure out what the real problem is. (And hence, not spend a lot of time on it.) I'll do that for b90.
its really no biggie, actually I only mention it cause its the only thing I could find while testing it. overall its very very promising. I did notice another 'bug' but after some testing and banging my head against the wall (for it was my own mistake) I removed that post again.

So: thank you and no worries!

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Oh oh, looks like VBL code wasn't from latest version of patch (v3). Which was just the fix for rectangle width/height.

I see you adjusted my code to MT standards as well (thanks!) so I'll pull the latest version down, reapply the fix and submit a patch for b90 (before Wolf yells at me lol)
-Jamz

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Has anyone tested the UPNP. I've got a report it isn't working.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

RPTroll wrote:Has anyone tested the UPNP. I've got a report it isn't working.
confirmed. Its not working. And I've tested Lee's build earlier and that one works.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

It works fine for me here, able to start a server and connect across LAN. (Previous build threw error just starting the server)

edit: Are you guys getting any sort of error message?
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

JamzTheMan wrote:
It works fine for me here, able to start a server and connect across LAN. (Previous build threw error just starting the server)

edit: Are you guys getting any sort of error message?
which made me doubt myself so I tried again. And still get an upnp error. Tried remote connect: failed.
Then I also tried the DEVELOPMENT version of Lee I got a while back (who knows maybe something else changed). And this worked. No error and I could connect remotely to the server. So there has definitely something changed between Lee's patch and b89.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Weird. Just to make sure I didn't have an extra lib from my builds, I launched it from a pure b89 folder, still worked. I compared the library from Lee's dev build and b89 and they used the same libs.

Although IIRC there were 2 ways to do this fix, there must be a code difference then.
-Jamz

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

If it helps, the guy was running java 7 on windows 7.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

JamzTheMan wrote:I compared the library from Lee's dev build and b89 and they used the same libs.
Not necessarily. Azhrei modified the sbbi lib in his fix (making it 1.05), whereas I used the old (vanilla) 1.04. I agree, however, that some code changes might be interacting weirdly with the latest Java 7 (update 17 as of this post).

Those test builds we did a few months back still show UPnP, even under Java 7u17. The project (in Eclipse) from where it was built from, oddly does not do so. Setting its JRE to 6u43, makes UPnP functions accessible once more. This is a bad case scenario as debugging will likely be a PITA given all the factors that seem to conflict. I'm not sure if setting the runtime environment for b89 to J6 (i.e. through a batch file, the MT launcher, or from the console) would be a workaround for now, but it might be worth a try at least.

@Jamz, RPTroll
Which Java 7 update are these systems under?

@Azhrei
I'm not sure if I submitted a patch that fixed that "missing tokens" bug. I thought I did.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

OK, for me I tested on two PC's, both Windows 8 x64. One running Java 1.7.0_11 and the other 1.7.0_09. I also tested with 1.6.0_39.

I would say it must be router specific again and not java?

Edit: Tested ok with 1.7.0_17 as well.
Last edited by JamzTheMan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jamz

Return to “Announcements”