MapTool 1.3 Final, patch06 (build 89)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch06 (build 89)

Post by Azhrei »

The launcher is done -- quite a few people have tested it and it seems pretty stable.

I've been modifying the build process to accommodate the new launcher on OSX (the app bundle will run the launcher which then runs MT). I have the process determined, but I don't have it implemented in ANT yet. I've got family obligations for the next few days so it might be early next week before I get any significant time with MT.

In the mean time there have been a couple patches applied to fix some VBL scripting and CiF contributed a couple of fixes for Wiki: isGM() and Wiki: getInfo()'s "server" option.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

Was the server start screen not remembering your grid diagonals fixed in b88 or later? Or should I be logging that one? :D
We're still lurking on b87.

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Sounds great Azhrei.
Keep up the great work.
I am a special snowflake!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Mrugnak wrote:Was the server start screen not remembering your grid diagonals fixed in b88 or later? Or should I be logging that one? :D
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the ONE_TWO_ONE-type setting?

I didn't know that was broken. So yes, if it doesn't work for you start a thread under "MapTool" and if others agree we'll move it to Bug Reports.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

Azhrei wrote:
Mrugnak wrote:Was the server start screen not remembering your grid diagonals fixed in b88 or later? Or should I be logging that one? :D
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the ONE_TWO_ONE-type setting?

I didn't know that was broken. So yes, if it doesn't work for you start a thread under "MapTool" and if others agree we'll move it to Bug Reports.
"Broken" is a strong word, but I'll go start a thread.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Any ETA for B90? (So hungry for it!) :)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Glock-9mm wrote:Any ETA for B90? (So hungry for it!) :)
There is a test build created by Azhrei of b90 in which you can bury your teeth

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Where is it hidden?

Cant find it in the DLs section :(
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I'm in Costa Rica this week on business. I had hoped to get a few people to test the build wolph mentioned and I was going to try to get b90 out the door before I left the country. Alas, that didn't happen.

I won't be doing the build from here because my 'net connection isn't very good. :| That means this Friday at the earliest.

I do plan to add Lee's undo/redo patch. I've looked at the patch file and it does touch a lot of things, but it also provides some very useful functionality. I think there may still be a race condition if multiple clients do undo operations at the same time (while one undo is traveling over the wire to the server, the server could be in the midst of processing an undo; I'm not sure what the result would be, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be what the user expects ;)).

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

The details of that patch are a bit hazy to me right now as it's been a while since I last went over it. IIRC, there shouldn't be a problem as the undo manager's per map, per client, and the only "global" function a GM can enforce on all clients is the command to clear everyone's undo/redo list. I could be wrong :lol:; but, in any case, if anything happens, I will do my best to resolve it in the future.

Alassirana
Cave Troll

Post by Alassirana »

I've come into a very odd bug that isn't consistent. It shows up on rare occasions (though twice in the last 3 weeks) for several builds, but I haven't seen it come up in discussion. Randomly, every so often, when I load a campaign file, once I go to start server it unloads the campaign, and I cannot reload that campaign without restarting maptools, and without testing multiple times between multiple campaign files. This last time (today) that this happened, the only way I was finally able to get the server running in time for the game was to start maptools and start the server before loading the campaign, which did allow the server to keep the campaign loaded. The most recent two times I've had the bug happen, it has been with the same campaign, but on previous builds when this would happen (which is very rare, usually), it has been with different campaigns. The campaigns are not corrupted, and once I get them to stay loaded while the server starts, they function properly. I don't know how to reproduce this bug as it seems entirely random. I can use the same campaign file and sometimes it happens, others it doesn't.

Alassirana

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

This sounds like either a memory problem or some OS weirdness. You didn't post the contents of File > Gather Debug Info so any further guessing would be just that -- guessing. :|

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Wonder if Santa will bring B90 (Sad face with puppy eyes-here)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

cubeblue
Cave Troll

Post by cubeblue »

Any news?
& So Forth a blog about dungeons & dragons & so forth. With a particular eye for virtual table-top play, 5e, and OSR themes.

Return to “Announcements”