MapTool 1.3 Final, patch01 (build 84)

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

MapTool 1.3 Final, patch01 (build 84)

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, so b83 was short-lived. More than one bug was found. :oops:

The bugs reported in the b83 announcement thread are fixed and here's the latest. As usual, the ChangeLog linked from the Main Page of the wiki has details about what was fixed in this build. Quite a few items for a 24-hour turn-around. ;)

Good luck, and let us know how it works for you!

Edit: I'm getting "connection refused" from the RPTools.net server. This usually happens when the server is very busy. I'll get the files uploaded asap.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Final, patch01 (build 84)

Post by Jector »

Awesome..... i think
:wink:
I cast firecube! ~4E

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

Azhrei: I can confirm that the player view now works as anticipated with the same campaign on b84. Couldn't check the token move crash thing since none of my players were online, but I presume you fixed that too. All around excellent work! Thanks for the quick heads up!

Harsgault
Kobold

Post by Harsgault »

Can't get the token move/freeze-up bug to trigger, so that's a good sign. On the downside, when I attempt to save a character token (DeviantNull framework) overwriting a previous save, it fails the save attempt with an unexpected memory error.

"Could not save token: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected 127 but got 126 bytes)"

Saving the token as a 'new' file works fine, attempts to overwrite the 'new' file do not have an issue. :P
RPGA: 1208292077

Pyroman
Cave Troll

Post by Pyroman »

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. As of 1.3b77 there was a "layer" condition added to the getTokenNames() function. If the layer is set to "OBJECT" and "visible" is set to 1 then no tokens are ever returned, but if I set "visible" to 0 it returns all tokens found on the "OBJECT" layer. I hope that this is a bug because there is currently no other way that I can see to get a list of OBJECT layer tokens that are visible to a certain token within a certain range.

Code: Select all

objectList = getTokenNames(",", json.set("{}", "visible", 1, "layer", "OBJECT", "range", json.set("{}", "source", currentToken(), "from", 0, "upto", 20, "distancePerCell", "false", "metric", "ONE_ONE_ONE")))
Returns nothing.

Code: Select all

objectList = getTokenNames(",", json.set("{}", "visible", 0, "layer", "OBJECT", "range", json.set("{}", "source", currentToken(), "from", 0, "upto", 20, "distancePerCell", "false", "metric", "ONE_ONE_ONE")))
Returns every token on the object layer within 20 squares of the source token.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Pyroman wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. As of 1.3b77 there was a "layer" condition added to the getTokenNames() function. If the layer is set to "OBJECT" and "visible" is set to 1 then no tokens are ever returned, but if I set "visible" to 0 it returns all tokens found on the "OBJECT" layer.
Are you saying that it worked differently in some other version?

Objects do not participate in the vision checking code the same way that tokens do. I would find it unlikely that the "visible" attribute will check anything other than the "Is Visible To Players" or "Visible To Owner Only" flags on the object. So your test where the function returns all or nothing is what I would expect to happen.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Harsgault wrote:when I attempt to save a character token (DeviantNull framework) overwriting a previous save, it fails the save attempt with an unexpected memory error.

"Could not save token: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected 127 but got 126 bytes)"

Saving the token as a 'new' file works fine, attempts to overwrite the 'new' file do not have an issue. :P
Hm, very interesting. Can you send me a copy of the original token and the newly saved one for debugging purposes?

All I can think of is some kind of language translation issue in the RPTOK file if the token is old enough to be from before the big localization push...

Raoden
Dragon

Post by Raoden »

Azhrei wrote:Okay, so b83 was short-lived. More than one bug was found. :oops:

The bugs reported in the b83 announcement thread are fixed and here's the latest. As usual, the ChangeLog linked from the Main Page of the wiki has details about what was fixed in this build. Quite a few items for a 24-hour turn-around. ;)

Good luck, and let us know how it works for you!

Edit: I'm getting "connection refused" from the RPTools.net server. This usually happens when the server is very busy. I'll get the files uploaded asap.
Hmmm, I would have expected more trumpet fanfare to accompany this post. :wink:
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
- G. K. Chesterton

Wonderful HTML/CSS reference * Color Manager * Token Manager 2.0

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Raoden wrote:Hmmm, I would have expected more trumpet fanfare to accompany this post. :wink:
Like this:

fanfare.mp3

:mrgreen:

Roooooooty
Kobold

Post by Roooooooty »

I think this deserves a fanfare! WELL DONE to all of the developers. :D

I will get my group to download.

Raoden
Dragon

Post by Raoden »

Azhrei wrote:
Raoden wrote:Hmmm, I would have expected more trumpet fanfare to accompany this post. :wink:
Like this:

fanfare.mp3

:mrgreen:
Exactly! 8)
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
- G. K. Chesterton

Wonderful HTML/CSS reference * Color Manager * Token Manager 2.0

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

A little over 36 hours and no major snags yet! Woohoo! :shock:

I've set b84 to be the "release" version on the Launch page at the main site.

As I mentioned, I'll continue doing localization patches, probably once per month, and I'll look into externalizing the docs that appear on the Campaign Properties' Light tab. I'm not going to bother with form elements at this point (labels and tooltips, for example) as we expect to review every UI dialog in 1.4 and as we rebuild them I'll make sure they all use externalized strings.

Langy
Cave Troll

Post by Langy »

Build 84 still has the NullPointerException error mentioned in the Build 83 thread. EDIT: This happens whenever you drag a token, but it doesn't *always* happen. I've only ever seen it happen the very first time you try and drag a token after loading a campaign, though.

Error trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.PointerTool.mouseMoved(PointerTool.java:577)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseMoved(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:25)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Langy wrote:Build 84 still has the NullPointerException error mentioned in the Build 83 thread. EDIT: This happens whenever you drag a token, but it doesn't *always* happen. I've only ever seen it happen the very first time you try and drag a token after loading a campaign, though.

Error trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rptools.maptool.client.tool.PointerTool.mouseMoved(PointerTool.java:577)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseMoved(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:25)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
+1

I get this when I started a server, then opened a second instance of MT and connected. I then went to server and gave ownership of token to client. server can move token, np. But client gets the error when trying to move the token. 1 error for every mouse move event... so a lot of them, but you can go through and close then. Make sure to click map before moving again or error will come back.

edit: Clicking background first (get error bong) then hitting shift key twice seems to get me out of it. I can edit the toke properties on client. I can copy/paste token to a new token, but I get the same error with the new token. I'll try some more stuff. I also tried, dc'ing and logging back in on the client. I'll try some other stuff and see if I get different results.

edit: Closing server, saving campaign, closing MT and reopening and restarting server makes the problem go away.

edit: I created a new campaign with a token and started server. Started client and connected. Changed ownership of token to client. Works fine. So, couldn't not duplicate that way.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:edit: I created a new campaign with a token and started server. Started client and connected. Changed ownership of token to client. Works fine. So, couldn't not duplicate that way.
So it's your experience that it applies to older campaigns but not new ones? Can you upload a sample campaign with this problem?

Since it's in the section dealing with moving tokens, maybe it's related to the token's last known position and that is somehow screwed up in the (old) campaign file...

I'll take a look at this later tonight.

Return to “Announcements”