MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 5

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Keep in mind I am refering to Player/Creature tokens here. These are the tokens you are frequently moving around the map and the ones which would have RT play issues.

Building block tokens would be mostly adjusted when building your map and then pretty much stay put wherever you placed them. Player tokens wound then have a choice of either on top or under depending on how you need it. Player tokens defaulting to on top of building block tokens seems like a reasonable start point also, but that is mostly going to be dicated by whatever layer system you devise.

-David

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

The original motivation for enforcing the order of the tokens is so that you know that all players have exactly the same view, which isn't guarenteed when the order isn't enforced.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

You lost me here. Enforcing the order? Is this an option?

trevor

Post by trevor »

Sorry, I was shortcutting :P

enforced order => rendering order that is dictated by a specific order, called the "Z" order. We assign a rendering order to the tokens so that each player's view will draw in exactly the same way. I was calling this an enforced order.

It would have been more accurate to say:

"when the z-order is not explicitly managed"

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Ahh. Hadn't considered the synchronizing of player views issue.

That's why you da man! :)

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Thanks for addressing this in b6. This is so much better now. Selecting and moving is now great with overlapping tokens. No more lost tokens either!

Thanks,
-David
drswoboda wrote:I noticed that you have fxed up the code for different sized tokens and the popup chooser window. Seems to play fair with various sized tokens now.

I do have one small request though. Look at the screen I uploaded to my Gallery. Notice that there are 3 tokens of various size all overlapping. Notice also that the smallest one is under the middle sized one and not visible. Can you get it so that the layering order tries to display as many tokens as possible? In this case it would be better if the Barbarian token showed ABOVE the Cleric token.

Thanks,
-David

trevor

Post by trevor »

drswoboda wrote:Thanks for addressing this in b6. This is so much better now. Selecting and moving is now great with overlapping tokens. No more lost tokens either!

Thanks,
-David
drswoboda wrote:I noticed that you have fxed up the code for different sized tokens and the popup chooser window. Seems to play fair with various sized tokens now.

I do have one small request though. Look at the screen I uploaded to my Gallery. Notice that there are 3 tokens of various size all overlapping. Notice also that the smallest one is under the middle sized one and not visible. Can you get it so that the layering order tries to display as many tokens as possible? In this case it would be better if the Barbarian token showed ABOVE the Cleric token.

Thanks,
-David
Hmm, I haven't done the ordering fix yet, maybe you just happend to have the z-order in the right order ?

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Whoops!

Seems your right. I was just dragging 3 units out on map, changing size of sevearal, and bang it worked perfect. (buy lotto tickets tonight)

Just did it again, this time it was not perfect. (lost $10 in lotto)

Holding off on applause. . . wait its still worth clapping. . . clap clap clap.

Return to “Announcements”