MapTool 1.3 Development Build 8

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 8

Post by trevor »

The "Small, but on time" release

Build 8 (8/6/07)
* Shorten short names of default properties
* Very basic static character sheet support
* Add /tmacro macro that runs the named macro on the selected token(s)
* Add /tsay speech that runs the named speech on the selected token(s)
* Added smiley text replacing
* Added smiley select popup
* Fix bug: don't start server when closing dialog with the "X" button

The /tmacro is especially awesome, create one or more tokens, add a token macro, e.g. Fight /roll 1d20, on the token properties dialog, edit a macro button and put /tmacro Fight, then select the token and click the macro button, it will find the "Fight" macro and run it for that token. So if you have a bunch of tokens with consistently named macros, you can greatly simplify your rolling etc.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Ahh crap. Hawke points out that the tsay and tmacro macros did not make it into this build. Apparently I neglected to check them in. I'll do a b9 in the morning.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

I like the temporary Charactersheet... will be useful for some adventures I have running up. Keep in mind that you cannot see the charactersheet if you do not own the token. I'm trying to think of some way that would be easy/quick (since this is a temporary fix until we get both a more complex token system with portraits as well as character sheets) that would allow a GM to have let people view the charactersheet (maybe a portrait?) of an enemy. I'm not sure how to do this best, since I initially thought I could put in bad guy portraits with this feature... thoughts anybody?

Again, I suggest that if a token is not selected, the /tmacro will look to see if you're currently impersonating a token. If not, it will return that no token is selected (it may do this, I can't test though hehe)

snikle
Great Wyrm

Bug report

Post by snikle »

BUG.

The grid-less movement does not calculate correctly. With grid turned on and snap to grid selected, with "Distance per cell" set at 1, distances are calculated correctly (ie for SW with 1" equaling 1 grid on a map).
With same settings (minus snap to grid), the movement is massively off, 1" being roughly 30~50.

Also, set the same for a grid-less map with snap to grid selected your token disappears when you move him (just testing that).

edit: trevor cleared this up for me, just set the "distance per cell" to the same as the grid size and it works perfectly!
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Return to “Announcements”