MapTool 1.3 Development Build 9

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

snikle wrote:
wrathchild wrote:Also, the Sizes are very much a d20 thing. Free scaling opens up the genericness, which is a Good Thing™, IMHO.
Ah, on that note, Trevor, guess we dont need the sizes! ;)
Hey, I'm all for the sizes - I can see how the d20 games need them, and they make much sense there! It's a "both" situation, not an "either/or" request. Bad snikle ;).

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

The ability to select 1x1 1x2, 2x2, 3x3, 2x3 etc. bases could be pretty useful sometime down the road eventually someday.

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

wrathchild wrote:It's a "both" situation, not an "either/or" request. Bad snikle ;).
What?!?! Just sayin', if you all converted to Savage Worlds, we wouldn't have this issue. :wink:

Actually after playing with the layout, I like it way more than choosing size, quicker, more exact, and sort of fun making the xenomorphs huge.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Hawke wrote:The ability to select 1x1 1x2, 2x2, 3x3, 2x3 etc. bases could be pretty useful sometime down the road eventually someday.
I think this would be preferable.

Though we still need to have the power to resize figures on a base and set their rotation point.

In a completely gridless environment, users could have even more control by making base size 100% customizable and part of the .token format so figures are auto-sized to any map that may have a different pixels per foot setting.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

I just wanted to chime in and mention that superheroes with growth powers will need to be sized properly on the hex grid, and also I'm thinking about trying on Monster Island using MT so this would require being able to handle 100' tall kaiju (Godzilla) as well as soldiers on the ground. If you can make MT handle that... well that will just rock, and I'll be able to show off MT to the Monster Island folks who currently just use toy figures in FtF settings. This would really open some possibilities as well.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Return to “Announcements”