MapTool 1.3 Development Build 11

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 11

Post by trevor »

The "It's my program and I'll build if I want to" build.

I want to start on individualized views, but before doing that I wanted to have a "polish" release with all current updates so you have something to use (well, me to use for Thursday's game) in case I really botch things good.

Build 11 (8/14/07)
* Increase maximum pen width to 300
* Fix inexactness with drawing tools snap to grid
* Fix drawing tools' interaction with zooming during drawing
* Make stamp notes stay up until you click somewhere else or change tools
* Start to implement Matrissa's color panel improvements
* Change the look of the hover notes
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 11

Post by Full Bleed »

trevor wrote:The "It's my program and I'll build if I want to" build.
:lol:

mccord42
Cave Troll

Post by mccord42 »

Thanks for the continuing updates. Just one small issue.

The hex based path display seems to have been broken in the last few builds.

As you can see, the hex that the token is in and the hex that the path is in do not line up. In this demonstration I have dragged the token 3 hexes to the right and the path selected hex is down and to the right of where it should be.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Looks like hexes are off by a half cell like the square ones were. I'll get that fixed for next build

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Just a quick observation here. My stamp notes aren't staying up after I move off the stamp. They disappear a second or so after I move off the stamp. I'm on the pointer tool when I'm trying this.
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

dLANbandit
Dragon

Post by dLANbandit »

Are there plans to do pivot point on tokens in 1.3? I noticed others were talking about larger tokens not working right. So I was wondering if the status was bumped up enough to get it fixed in this version.
Last edited by dLANbandit on Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

thelevitator wrote:Just a quick observation here. My stamp notes aren't staying up after I move off the stamp. They disappear a second or so after I move off the stamp. I'm on the pointer tool when I'm trying this.
Confirmed - this is happening to me also.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Very cool paper hover note Snikle!

Comment on the new note though:
1. I like the note but the text font looks different than the old. I like the old better. Is the new bold or something Trevor?
2. I liked how the old note was semi transparent. That allowed the player who was reading the note to be able to see the action going on behind it. Yeah, not 100% clearly but enough so that the player could see that fire blast or the BBEG moving up to someone. The new note covers everything. (I put a lot of info in my notes so they are rather large to begin with).

To be honest with you, I would love to have an option in Prefs to be able to choose which style I want. I would expect this being popular because the Sci-fi campaigns could have a different note paper like the one Snikle used for his new campaign description:
http://www.fouruglymonsters.com/communi ... php?t=1325

How about we have it completely customizable where we can:
1. Tell it what background image to use (point to a jpg file).
2. Tell it what border to use (bundled ones to start)
3. Adjust the transparency of the hover note (Transparent Yes/No option)
4. Text font/size.

This way if someone is playing a western shootout, they can have a sandy paper texture with tumbleweed as the border and for the Space games, they can have a computer or PDA look.

Just ideas..

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

dorpond wrote:Very cool paper hover note Snikle!

1. Tell it what background image to use (point to a jpg file).
Thanks! I like that idea as well, the ability to change the notes background, could be an interesting way to start moving towards a skin-able interface package far down the road. But would also facilitate atmosphere in different games. If you do this trevor, it should be able to loaded into the campaign file so when we release modules, we could customize this for full effect.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

trevor

Post by trevor »

snikle wrote:If you do this trevor, it should be able to loaded into the campaign file so when we release modules, we could customize this for full effect.
I imagine it would be another image drop panel like on the token properties dialog

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Just had a chance to load it up...I like the look of the hover notes, I like the note changes... nice improvements all around.

teban
Giant

Post by teban »

In regards to 1.2b11, I haven't seen many post about bugs or problems, so is it safe to say this build is strong enough for gaming?

trevor

Post by trevor »

teban wrote:In regards to 1.2b11, I haven't seen many post about bugs or problems, so is it safe to say this build is strong enough for gaming?
I assume you mean 1.3 :)

It's still got some bugs, but generally speaking it's quite usable. We used it for a game last night for several hours. worked pretty good.

I wouldn't set up any long term campaign on it since things are going to change pretty rapidly over the next month or so.

teban
Giant

Post by teban »

1.3 RIGHTTTTTTT...thanks, so if I started build a campaign the changes to come will effect it?

trevor

Post by trevor »

teban wrote:1.3 RIGHTTTTTTT...thanks, so if I started build a campaign the changes to come will effect it?
yes. For campaigns that you build new every week you are safe to use 1.3, but if you start now you won't be able to move up to new versions (necessarily).

Return to “Announcements”