InitTool 1.1 Development Release Build 2

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

InitTool 1.1 Development Release Build 2

Post by jay »

A new build of Init Tool 1.1 is available.

This build contains support for re-rolling initiative each round by setting a flag in the miscellaneous game settings.

It also allows the combatants to be grouped so that all combatants in the group are assigned the same initiative. Just set a value within the new Init Group property for combatants and all of those combatants will be assigned the same initiative. If you place an asterisk (*) before the group name of a combatant that combatant's init modifier is used for the entire group.

The third change is the addition of a Savage Worlds game settings file to the default settings files provided with Init Tool. It uses the new initiative re-rolling on each round. It simulates a deck of cards for the initiative and only reshuffles after a joker is dealt. It contains all the abilities and skills listed in the Test Drive pdf from the Savage Worlds site. It provides rolling support for ability and skill rolls. There are special scripts and data for shooting and fighting. These scripts determine success (both regular and wild die) and generate damage, including the extra damage given by a raise in the to hit roll. There is also a script that will allow damage to be entered, compared to the toughness, and generates the proper number of wounds and places the combatant in shaken or incapacitated state correctly. If the combatant has a bennie left then it can be used to perform a soak roll if the player wishes.

The list of changes:
  • IT-43 Support for re-rolling initiative each round.
  • Encounter level script property persistance.
  • IT-50 Hid all scripts in D&D game settings file that show components.
  • Changed buttons on forms so they were easier to see.
  • Fixed problem with non-unique modifier names in D&D modifier data.
  • Added game settings for Savage Worlds initiative.
  • IT-51 added support to allow multiple combatants to be assigned the same initiative.
  • Fixed problem with loading invalid game settings files.
  • Added support to show roll details.
  • IT-49 Fixed caching problem with copied property maps.
  • Fixed sorting bug on Select column
  • Added scriptable JideButton, boolean JCheckBox, number ComboBox to char sheet compoent suppott
  • Fixed bug where you couldn't add a item to the tree item editor if it was already empty
  • Fixed bug in app naming for dbg version

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Wow! You have been busy Jay! Can't wait for the Savage Worlds group to test things out. I will give it a gander tomorrow AM. Hopefully I can load saved groups now. :)

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Wow, looking nice!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Nice work!

Looking forward to test-driving the init every round option. :)

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Awesome! Looking forward to test driving it this week.

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Jay, I downloaded and booted up the savage worlds file. I didnt set anything up in the characters, other than names, but I am confused as to how it is getting the inits it is.
For example, I created trevor, you and I, started a turn, it assigned very large numbers to us, like 47, 29, 17. Then if I looked at a character, it would show what card they were dealt.

In one round,
trevor 50, he got a Ace of hearts
jay 48, you got a Ace of clubs
matt 36, I got a jack of clubs

I am guessing you are using some sort of number value for the cards to sort them mathematically.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

What is the numeric order for a deck of cards in SW?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

snikle wrote:Jay, I downloaded and booted up the savage worlds file. I didnt set anything up in the characters, other than names, but I am confused as to how it is getting the inits it is.
For example, I created trevor, you and I, started a turn, it assigned very large numbers to us, like 47, 29, 17. Then if I looked at a character, it would show what card they were dealt.

In one round,

I am guessing you are using some sort of number value for the cards to sort them mathematically.
That is what I did. I assigned a number from 0 to 53 for each of the cards. Zero is the 2 of clubs, 51 is the Ace of spaces and 52 & 53 are jokers. There currently isn't a way to display a value in the list other than the initiative value so I added a custom script that would convert the initiative numbers into their card representation and display that in the index card. I'll add a tracker so that you can show any property as the initiative value, but for now all it can show is the number. If the numbers bother you the initiative values can be turned off in the View menu.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Hawke wrote:What is the numeric order for a deck of cards in SW?
Two is lowest, Ace is highest and the Jokers are above everything. The order of the suits are Spades, Hearts, Diamonds then clubs. The initiative value I used in IT uses 0 to correspond to the 2 of clubs, 51 to the Ace of Spades, and 52 & 53 are the Jokers.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

jay wrote:
Two is lowest, Ace is highest and the Jokers are above everything. The order of the suits are Spades, Hearts, Diamonds then clubs. The initiative value I used in IT uses 0 to correspond to the 2 of clubs, 51 to the Ace of Spades, and 52 & 53 are the Jokers.
Got it! Thanks. In IT is it possible for ties? I mean IT+SW stuff... I know that's the biggest reason they support drawing from a deck instead of dice rolls.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Hawke wrote:
jay wrote:
Got it! Thanks. In IT is it possible for ties? I mean IT+SW stuff... I know that's the biggest reason they support drawing from a deck instead of dice rolls.
There isn't a way for ties in the SW support unless you use the initiative grouping. All combatants with the same group name will get the same initiative. Otherwise all combatants will have a different initiative. I actually simulated a card deck using the numbers so it isn't possible to get ties. I then save it between rounds so that I can use the same shuffled deck on the next round unless there was a Joker dealt. If that happens the deck is recreated, any cards that have been assigned to a combatant that has held its action are removed and the cards are then dealt to the remaining combatants.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

How are ties normally resolved in IT when using a d20 system?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Hawke wrote:How are ties normally resolved in IT when using a d20 system?
The combatant with the largest Init Modifier goes first. If that is also a tie then it is determined randomly.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

jay wrote:
snikle wrote:Jay, I downloaded and booted up the savage worlds file. I didnt set anything up in the characters, other than names, but I am confused as to how it is getting the inits it is.

In one round,

That is what I did. I assigned a number from 0 to 53 for each of the cards. Zero is the 2 of clubs, 51 is the Ace of spaces and 52 & 53 are jokers. There currently isn't a way to display a value in the list other than the initiative value so I added a custom script that would convert the initiative numbers into their card representation and display that in the index card. I'll add a tracker so that you can show any property as the initiative value, but for now all it can show is the number. If the numbers bother you the initiative values can be turned off in the View menu.
The ability to set any property as the initiative property has been added in 1.1 b3. I also set up the Savage Worlds game settings to display the Init Card property instead of the numeric initiative.

Return to “Announcements”