MapTool 1.3 Development Build 15

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 15

Post by trevor »

The "It's about stinking time!" build.

This build is *HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL* and hasn't been super tested yet (that's your job ;) )

Build 15 (9/19/07)
* New Preference: Show Dialog on New Token
* Inject new panel binding framework (non-visible change)
* Put server list on Connect To Server:RPTools tab
* Links in chat launch browser (will auto-link any http:// posted)
* Fix bug: don't let players create new maps
* Introduce XML/ZIP based campaign file
* Fix bug: tokens and stamps display as a warped view during drag
* Non snap to grid, freesize stamps drop centered on drop point
* Make toolbar rip-off-able (you can drag the toolbar off of the main window)
* Move Map name to the window title
* Use snikle's new toolbar icons

NOTES:
* Tearing off the toolbar and putting it on the side of the window, or floating vertically, has some sizing issues

Please post bugs to this thread

Enjoy !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Emryys
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 15

Post by Emryys »

trevor wrote:This build is *HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL* and hasn't been super tested yet (that's your job ;) )!
Alright! :)
Game On!

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Woo Hoo

Lets go see if we can break it then!!
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Looks lovely. I like the moveable tool-bar, very cool.

First bug!

(... is the smallest bug ever :) )

1. Mouse-over text is the same for both the filled rectangular topology and the hollow rectangular topology.

And a slightly more substantial one:

2. When I try to connect to tcstest server (now that we can see all the servers - which is very cool) I get the error: Invalid version: Client 1.3.b15 server:DEVELOPMENT.

I'm sure there could be lots of reasons for not connecting, but I definitely have the right version :) Unless the development server isn't running b15?

I get nothing in the error console for this.

3. No text in the oval topology tool instructions (along the bottom). It just comes up with tool.ovaltpology.instructions. Same for both hollow and filled.

4. On a green map with a large area (roughly 1500x1000px) drawn in with a forest texture I get immediate lag when zooming in and out (about half a second).

5. Horizontal and vertical sizing labels for oval topology tool are horizontally displaced by a lot. They are way over to the left.

6. The drawn topology should be visible even if no specific topology tool is selected but the overall topology tool is selected. To see what I mean, draw some topology then adjust the grid. When you close the grid options the tool will still be in the overall topology tool, but no specific tool will be selected.

7. Just a question: are the new vision improvements in place or are they still to come?

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

I think the next Vision and the other formats are the next Big things to come.

If I remember correctly, (Which I frequently don't) some of the background work in this build is to help enable them in the future.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Some minor stuff, all relating to the toolbar...

-I can't get the tool-bar to remain vertical. It always snaps to horizontal.

-Is there some way we can get rid of the header over the floating toolbar? I know it's probably theme related, but it's as thick as the tool area.

-A new user remarked on the new toolbar icons as being hard to see. As much as I am for the beautification of MT, they actually are kind of hard to see for some reason. Not sure if they are a little blurry (maybe they should have been drawn at, or closer to, the native resolution.) If that's not the issue, then it might be the blue background. Blue is one of the harder spectrums to see.

-You also might want to consider having a 2x option to have the buttons displayed at twice their normal size for those people who have vision issues or who are running really high resolutions.

-I do like seeing that top bar smaller!! ;)

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

It only goes vertical if you snap it to the left or right side of the screen (if its already a window you need to drag it out of the window the same way you dragged it off the toolbar first).

We need an obvious handle to grab to move the toolbar with. I was mystified at first and had to resort to a little random experiment.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

I hate to say it, but orange is probably your best colour. In general Reds Greens and Blues are easier to see as they are the same as the colour photo receptors in our eyes.

Constant overexposure to specific frequency's can weaken the corresponding cells, causing problems with that colour.

Sunlight and modern florescent tubes have a lot of blue in them, and at a very intense level (as actually does the 'White' in a monitor), so the blue photo receptors degrade first.

Orange being the combination of the Red and Green photo receptors will help people with partial colour blindness (as that is usually only one set of photo receptors and Orange uses 2) and the lack of blue in it should help people who's blue reception has deteriorated due to over stimulation.
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Full Bleed wrote: -I can't get the tool-bar to remain vertical. It always snaps to horizontal.
It is very difficult to see but when the Menu Bar is dockable, it will show a bold line around the bar. That is basically saying "Yep, you can now release your mouse button and I will dock here". It is a bit difficult to see though.

trevor

Post by trevor »

torstan wrote: 2. When I try to connect to tcstest server (now that we can see all the servers - which is very cool) I get the error: Invalid version: Client 1.3.b15 server:DEVELOPMENT.
Heh, that's actually expected, version "DEVELOPMENT" is different than version "1.3b15" ;) Even though the code may be roughly the same (actually that server is out of date by a day, heh) the version doesn't match. If you want to connect to the dev version you have to download the source and run it that way.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

links in chat bug:

i tried putting the link to this thread in the chat and it hacked off part of the link.

instead of http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=2705

it put

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=2705

I don't think that was intended

trevor

Post by trevor »

oops, forgot to include '/' in my regular expression.

This is fixed for 1.3b16

I'll do another build sometime in the next couple days.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

fog of war buttons are particularly hard to see (black on dark blue).

trevor

Post by trevor »

Sir Flak wrote:fog of war buttons are particularly hard to see (black on dark blue).
Agreed, we'll update those

trevor

Post by trevor »

What do you guys think of the location change of the map selector, and the icon change ?

The motivation for moving it is because it didn't work right with the tear-out toolbar, the layout was all borked.

But we can certainly change the location and even mechanism of map changing.

Return to “Announcements”