MapTool 1.3 Development Build 16

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

DrAwkward wrote:While we are on the subject... what sort of interface would we want to be able to backtrack old paths even further? I know *my* players spaz out and do a bunch of small moves.
You know what else would solve this... GM approved moves & movement limiting. Then your players would have to get their moves approved (either individually by token, individually by player, or approve all moves) and they would be able to path their paths more effectively. And then, if they messed up it wouldn't be approved and they'd just go back to start! And then, it also opens up the ability to do auto-reveal-path without having all sorts of nonsense going on. And with GM approved movement, it would solve everybody's desires for wanting to have some sort of deck dealing tool. Oh, I guess I went too far... but two out of three aint bad. :wink:

CJack42
Kobold

Post by CJack42 »

Found another possible bug. After adjusting the grid, tokens no longer line up correctly with the grid. They are still in essence in the right position (when you move them the path runs along grid squares), but the display is off similar to when large or bigger tokens would be displaced.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

CJack42 wrote:Found another possible bug. After adjusting the grid, tokens no longer line up correctly with the grid. They are still in essence in the right position (when you move them the path runs along grid squares), but the display is off similar to when large or bigger tokens would be displaced.
Thanks for the note. I've fixed this for square grids and am working on hexes now.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Phergus will be so happy
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Yeah that would be nice to get fixed.

CJack42
Kobold

Post by CJack42 »

Cool beans.

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

We had a great game last night and I oly saw three issues, and I think all have already been addressed, but I figured I'd mention them just to make sure.

1) The direct tab under connect to server did not work, we had to use the RPTools tab and name the server to connect. (I know this one has been addressed).

2) The character tokens on the map did not line up smoothly with where they were dropped. The tokens have snap to grid disabled, but the map acted like the grid was still there ad active, which caused the offset when the dropped token "jumped" into the center of the supposedly non-existent hex.

3) When I posted a web link during the chat the entire URL was visible but ony part of the link was underlined (linked). So the link was not clickable. Also I was not able to copy/paste the link from chat into IE to get to the posted page either.

trevor

Post by trevor »

pmbruner wrote: 1) The direct tab under connect to server did not work, we had to use the RPTools tab and name the server to connect. (I know this one has been addressed).
fixed for 1.3b17
pmbruner wrote: 2) The character tokens on the map did not line up smoothly with where they were dropped. The tokens have snap to grid disabled, but the map acted like the grid was still there ad active, which caused the offset when the dropped token "jumped" into the center of the supposedly non-existent hex.
Fixed for 1.3b17
pmbruner wrote: 3) When I posted a web link during the chat the entire URL was visible but ony part of the link was underlined (linked). So the link was not clickable. Also I was not able to copy/paste the link from chat into IE to get to the posted page either.
Interesting, could you PM me the actual link you used (I probably have to just improve the pattern matcher) ?

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

This is the same session that I'm discussing in the Gemini Ascended thread trevor.

The link stopped at '~' each time.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPMiller wrote: The link stopped at '~' each time.
Ahh. Got it. "~" added to the http pattern

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Also, it seems like smileys are evaluated when using links. I forget the exact things that happened, but it prevented a link from showing up. Anybody else see this?

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

All I know is that a couple players in our group DETEST the automatic smilies, and that is putting it lightly. :shock:

ImageImage

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Sounds like a toggle on/off request. Perhaps a chat command to turn them off.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Along with the up arrow! I lost a big post that I hadn't written last night because of that feature.

ImageImage

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

I am in the same game as RPMiller, and I gotta tell you, while I personally had no problem with the smilies (I just add an extra space), most of our group wants to get pitch forks and light torches to hunt down the smiley monster :lol:

Return to “Announcements”