TokenTool 1.0M5 b22 release notes

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

TokenTool 1.0M5 b22 release notes

Post by trevor »

Well, just as I was testing the update of the new build, I found a couple problems. But since it's already checked in, I'll go ahead and announce it.

Build 22
* Add a fudge value to the magenta transparent color
* Add Smooth toggle
* Add Solid Background toggle

Currently the smooth doesn't seem to be doing very much, have to investigate that. And the solid background doesn't end up with a transparent background.

So really, only the first one is worthwhile.

Expect another build this afternoon that fixes this build.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

OK, so weird. I put in the fudge value to help with the magenta around the outside edge. I don't get any magenta when running on my PC but get do on my mac mini. That is blowing my mind.

Have to track that down further.

Vry
Giant

Post by Vry »

The fudging isn't working for me either. Are you sure the right version is in the zip? Your post says build 22 but the one in the zip says build 21.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Oops, that's a typo.

Hmmm, just pretend that the build up there is the old one, and when the next build comes out, it'll be the right version :)

trevor

Post by trevor »

Vry wrote:The fudging isn't working for me either. Are you sure the right version is in the zip? Your post says build 22 but the one in the zip says build 21.
vry, could you send me the overlay you are using that the magenta still shows up on ([email protected]) ? Are you using win* or osx ?

Vry
Giant

Post by Vry »

After some further testing, it looks like the one I was using was just had all of the shades of magenta out of the fudging range.

I made another one that was just two gradiants of black to magenta and magenta to white and it did mask them out properly out to about +/- 19 on each value from pure magenta.

So it is actually working to a degree. Just have to be careful about a range now instead of being locked into a single value.

Oh, and I'm using WinXP. Still want the overlay even though it was basically user error?

trevor

Post by trevor »

Nah, sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to. I'm amazed at how closely you got the fudge range, I have it set exactly +/- 19. Nice :)

I was thinking I could put a slider on the control bar for Fudge Factor that would let you adjust the fudge value until your magenta goes away.

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

OK, I've gotten a little confused. Which version is the one with the latest changes, 1.05 or 1.1? I thought all of the newest changes were being applied to the 1.1 version. I've been using 1.1. If I want to see all of the latest changes, should I switch to 1.05? Also, will I lose my current campaign maps that are in 1.1, or will I have to just save them somewhere else and reload them?
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

trevor

Post by trevor »

Different tool :) MapTool is on 1.1 dev, this is announcing 1.0m5 for tokentool

trevor

Post by trevor »

Ok, I've posted the REAL build 22.

Take a look.

I need some feedback from you guys:

- Control panel layout, what layout would make it more intuitive
- Smooth toggle, I don't see much difference between smoothing and not, what do you guys see ?
- Fudge Factor, I need a way to make it more obvious what it does, ideas ? I added a tooltip, but that doesn't seem to be enough. Perhaps new terminology ?

Vry
Giant

Post by Vry »

Does the smooth toggle only smooth the underlay, not the overlay?
I tried a couple test tokens with it on and off and there's only a very slight difference in the underlay and no noticeable change at all in the overlay.

It seems like something broke with the sliders. Neither the Fudge Factor one nor the transparency one are having any effect.

There's also a typo in the tooltip. "fuding"

trevor

Post by trevor »

Vry wrote:Does the smooth toggle only smooth the underlay, not the overlay?
I tried a couple test tokens with it on and off and there's only a very slight difference in the underlay and no noticeable change at all in the overlay.

It seems like something broke with the sliders. Neither the Fudge Factor one nor the transparency one are having any effect.

Yeah, smoothing is currently only effecting the underlay. Smoothing the overlay made the magenta bleed into the overlay, yuck.

Man, sounds like I need yet another release tonight/tmrw :P We'll get it right one of these days :)

trevor

Post by trevor »

trevor wrote:
Vry wrote:Does the smooth toggle only smooth the underlay, not the overlay?

Yeah, smoothing is currently only effecting the underlay. Smoothing the overlay made the magenta bleed into the overlay, yuck.

Man, sounds like I need yet another release tonight/tmrw :P We'll get it right one of these days :)
I'm getting sloppy, a sure sign that I need some sleep. I go sleep now, code more tmrw, make it good.

Return to “Announcements”