MapTool 1.3 Development Build 17

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

I think that is because .rptok is currently only set to load from image explorer not direct drag from windows, but word on the street is this is comming.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Frozen-Solid
Cave Troll

Post by Frozen-Solid »

Ah. I didn't realize that. My buddy was bitching at me that my XML export didn't work and his token wasn't loading. Turned out he was dragging from Windows rather than within MapTool. Figured I'd report it.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Reporting is always good, you never know when something is a bug or isn't, or it could be that even though it isn't technically a bug, it's not doing quite what was intended.

Lets face it, were all Alpha/Beta testers here.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

dorpond wrote:*Dorpond has a seizure from Cweord's avatar*
I thought undead were immune to that?!
That better for you?
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

trevor wrote:
Blakey wrote: Trevor, how stable is the campaign save file these days?
I _might_ have to make one more model change to support multiple token images, but I won't know that until I write it, which is coming up quickly.

The good thing though is that with the current format, it's much, much easier to translate between versions. So even if it did break just a tiny bit, we could pretty easily make a migration script.
Ooh, ooh, ooh! Please, please, please can you make this "sooner rather than later" ? I'm sure there are shed loads of people with v1.2 campaigns out there who'd like to see all the lovely v1.3 improvements in their game.

Thing is, if we can migrate campaigns over and save them as v1.3, we can still keep our v.12 campaign files in case there are any problems. So we have nothing to lose.

Also, I'd like to help troubleshooting new stuff but don't have time to create new "test" campaigns and play "test" sessions, whereas I'm happy to test out new versions on a live campaign. My players are all happy to be beta testers in our regular Wednesday night game.

Is there any chance of a migration tool for moving from v1.2 to v1.3 any time soon? Even if you just publish the formats of the save files and let someone else write the migration tool? Please, please, please?! :D

Cheers
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Cweord wrote:I think that is because .rptok is currently only set to load from image explorer not direct drag from windows, but word on the street is this is comming.
This is correct. I'll get that in for b18
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

Blakey wrote:Even if you just publish the formats of the save files and let someone else write the migration tool? Please, please, please?! :D
Actually, people have already started picking apart the format and modifying the xml directly.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

:-)

I love that I can futz with the xml. I fear my macro popup list will soon be as long as the token right-click menu.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

trevor wrote:
Blakey wrote:Even if you just publish the formats of the save files and let someone else write the migration tool? Please, please, please?! :D
Actually, people have already started picking apart the format and modifying the xml directly.
Okay, so this sounds promising. In that case can we have access to the save format for v1.2 campaigns? It should be relatively easy to make a converter then, shouldn't it? (he says, hoping but not having a clue)....

Blakey

trevor

Post by trevor »

Blakey wrote: Okay, so this sounds promising. In that case can we have access to the save format for v1.2 campaigns?
Essentially, it would be to load the 1.2 campaign with code written for 1.2, then just use the updated persister to save it. Then someone has to write an XSLT transform to update it to the current 1.3 format.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Cweord wrote:
dorpond wrote:*Dorpond has a seizure from Cweord's avatar*
I thought undead were immune to that?!
That better for you?
heh, Yeah, the seizures went away anyway. :)
But still, it has me puzzled how that magic could penetrate my undead immunities *scratches head* ;)

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Smileys bypass all magic . . . . . :wink:
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

That thing's a smiley? I thought it was the Yellow M&M that went postal.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Same difference, I like your option as well as the poor over worked smiley that got fed up with winking and went postal . . .
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

trevor wrote:
Blakey wrote: Okay, so this sounds promising. In that case can we have access to the save format for v1.2 campaigns?
Essentially, it would be to load the 1.2 campaign with code written for 1.2, then just use the updated persister to save it. Then someone has to write an XSLT transform to update it to the current 1.3 format.
Errr, okay. Whatever you say bossman. :? :D

Can we add it to the top of your Wall of Features please? :P

Return to “Announcements”