MapTool 1.3 Development Build 19

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

I noticed that with the new light/vision implementation vision and light are now one and the same. We can no longer set colors for light sources and create light sources independently of vision. For example, a character might have a light source that reaches out to 20ft., but the character's vision could extend out to 60'. I should be able to set a light source with a yellow color and have the vision extend beyond it. Also, I am unable to set a custom light radius.

Is this something that will be developed in future releases?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Amaril wrote: Is this something that will be developed in future releases?
Yes :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Amaril wrote:I noticed that with the new light/vision implementation vision and light are now one and the same.
Actually they were one and the same before and now they are not.

Now we can have multiple light sources but tokens have vision meaning they can see any areas illuminated by light sources that are in their line of sight.

What we don't have is multiple vision types that change how light sources are perceived or not.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Phergus wrote:
Amaril wrote:I noticed that with the new light/vision implementation vision and light are now one and the same.
Actually they were one and the same before and now they are not.

Now we can have multiple light sources but tokens have vision meaning they can see any areas illuminated by light sources that are in their line of sight.

What we don't have is multiple vision types that change how light sources are perceived or not.
OK, I see what you mean. So in the instance of a lightsource at the end of a hallway, the token's assumed vision is that it can see it since a ranged vision wouldn't prevent the light from being visible.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is shadowy illumination. I was able to do that with light before.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Amaril wrote:I guess what I'm trying to figure out is shadowy illumination. I was able to do that with light before.
The light sources actually have the notion of partial illumination areas but there is no interface for it yet.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Phergus wrote:
Amaril wrote:I guess what I'm trying to figure out is shadowy illumination. I was able to do that with light before.
The light sources actually have the notion of partial illumination areas but there is no interface for it yet.
Cool. I've been on the edge of my seat to see this feature finalized. Can't wait!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:
In fact it's all calculated in already, it's just not drawn on screen.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Also, can I verify with others that individual vision is currently broken?

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPMiller wrote:Oh, and I should probably toss out that smilies are continuing to be marked for death by some in our gaming group. If you could add a toggle to turn them on and off that would be a great asset I think.
I dropped in a toggle for smilie insertion for 1.3b20. Each player has to turn off their own, but that's a small price to pay :)

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

trevor wrote:I dropped in a toggle for smilie insertion for 1.3b20. Each player has to turn off their own, but that's a small price to pay :)
Sounds like a perfect fix to me. Thanks!
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPMiller wrote: If a token has a portrait assigned, can we have that be the icon for the chat window instead of the token image?
This is updated for 1.3b20, I've also increased the avatar size, experimentally

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

I'm suddenly feeling all honored and stuff. 8)
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Return to “Announcements”