MapTool 1.3 Development Build 20

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Trevor. I have found exactly when the numbering switches from random to incremental starting at 10.

I made a new map. Selected the background, set the distance and pixels per cell and made it. Random numbering still working. Set the paint brush to arid texture, no fill, pixel width 200. Drew about a 60 hex long road. Random numbering still working. Set the brush to water texture, pixel width 300 and drew in an river about 50 hexes long, then a second time to increase the width. Random numbering still working. Then dragged in a fern for undergrowth. I resized it. Copied and pasted it so there was a clump of ferns. Then copy and pasted the clump all over the place. Now the random numbering stops. Now when I drag out tokens the numbers start at 10.

So, I went back and deleted all the ferns. The random numbering worked again. I dragged out one fern, random numbering worked. I copied and pasted that single fern a bunch, random numbering worked. I then selected that clump of ferns I had just created by pasting and then copied the clump and pasted it all over the place(this the standard way I create forests), the incremental numbering starting at 10, started happening again.

So, that is the trigger.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

So the problem only exists when you copy and paste a group of stamps?
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Just messed around a bit more. Actually it only exists, that I can tell anyway, when the same stamp has been copied 89 times. I have tried this with various different images and always when I get to 89 the incremental numbering of the tokens starts. Knock it down to 88 and all is well. I tried it with small stamps and large stamps, so it is not memory usage. It is 89 copies of one stamp. That is 89, including the original.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Very helpful! Thanks Brad!
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Ok, I jumped to a conclusion. Just tried to make another map with no more then 88 of any one image. Still had the token incrementing starting at 10 problem. So, I started a new map and pulled 89 different images. I had the problem again. Then I deleted one and it was fixed. So, with 88 stamps my tokens counted randomly, but with 89 stamps(all different) my tokens counted incrementally starting at 10.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

wow, that's really, really odd. Thanks for the investigation I'll track it and squish it !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Minch Ruwin
Cave Troll

Post by Minch Ruwin »

This could be a silly question, but once you turn on a lightsource for a token, how do you turn it off? Not sure if that is simply something I didn't see, or if that could be added to the next build?

Thanks!

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

Right click the token, go to light sources, and then uncheck the lightsource you assigned.

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

Maybe this is known:

In gridless mode, when moving a character, the movement part doesn't seem to show, making it very difficult to set it down properly.
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

trevor

Post by trevor »

wrathchild wrote:the movement part doesn't seem to show
Hmm, I'm not following, the movement part ?

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

trevor wrote:
Maybe he is talking about the movement path? Not sure, have not tried this out myself.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

PillBox wrote:Maybe he is talking about the movement path? Not sure, have not tried this out myself.
As you say, I'm guessing he is referring to the cell-highlighting which of course it can't do as it is gridless.

trevor

Post by trevor »

There should be a line though

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

trevor wrote:There should be a line though
There is when moving. Maybe he is talking about Show Last Path which doesn't work currently on gridless?

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

trevor wrote:
When you click on the token, and start measuring out the move, in other modes, a grey line (of hexes/squares) and a shadowy/B&W image of the token indicates where the move will end right now, if you release the mouse button. This seems to be lacking in gridless mode.

Edit: Something just struck me and I tested it: The bug only shows with tokens that have been copied in! In my case from a hex-based map to a gridless map.

Not that much of a bug, but still ;)
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

Return to “Announcements”