MapTool 1.3 Development Build 24

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

I don't think it's my laptop. I ran 2 instances of MT; server @ 1Gb and client @ 256 Mb (webstart). I simulated a session for 2 hours and neither instance showed any noticeable freezing. One thing I did notice is that the map we were primarily using for our Tuesday night game was slower than any other maps I was using. I'm wondering if that may have contributed to the problem.
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Very curious. I'll have to think of something to put into the client that does some timing checks or something, see if we can catch it as it happens
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

thelevitator wrote:I don't think it's my laptop. I ran 2 instances of MT; server @ 1Gb and client @ 256 Mb (webstart). I simulated a session for 2 hours and neither instance showed any noticeable freezing. One thing I did notice is that the map we were primarily using for our Tuesday night game was slower than any other maps I was using. I'm wondering if that may have contributed to the problem.
I don't think it's your laptop either. I'm saying that it might be your LAN hardware somehow (switch, access point, cables, something like that). Not sure at all of course (no expert here ;-).
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

trevor

Post by trevor »

when you restarted that campaign, did it have the same problem ?

Double King
Cave Troll

Post by Double King »

We'll be retrying the connections this evening. TheLev did restart his computer as well as the LAN connected computer once during play and it didn't fix our problems.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Tonight's session showed that topo was the largest impact, followed distantly by light sources attached to tokens. It did not appear to matter how many clients were connected, although we only had a small group connected while I was there.

If an additional light sources slows down TheLev's server by "X" amount, adding topo slows it down by "15X" or so.

Adding topo with only a single light source slowed things down. Adding another light source would slow it down just a little bit more. But more topo had a significant effect.

Also, tonight he said the slowdown was when the token was dropped more than during the actual movement itself. Yet one comment made was that drawing topo was very slow, too.

The memory on the clients never went above 155MB (at least, not that was reported by the users).

trevor

Post by trevor »

Can I get a copy of the campaign to use for profiling ?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I've pinged TheLev to alert him.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Received !

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I wanted to post these bugs so that I don't forget them:

1. When there are no PC's on the map and the GM moves NPC's the players can see all movement activity during movement.

2. This was fixed in 1.2 but it has returned. When a GM moves NPC's on other side of VBL, the players can see the token labels moving about because the label crosses over the VBL.

How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

In last night's game, I had a few paint issues show up. One was artifacts from scrolling the map around (horizontal and vertical lines would show up where the scroll wasn't smooth). A full repaint would solve it, such as zooming in and back out, or iconifying and then restoring the window.

The other issue was the token state drawing outside the viewport. When a token with the "dead" state was moved such that one-half of the "X" was outside the viewport, the entire "X" would be drawn, causing part of it to be displayed on top of the toolbar or the moveable panel windows like chat, macros, etc.

I have screenshots for both of those, if needed. I've gotta run right now, but I can upload them this evening...

trevor

Post by trevor »

Actually, I've got a good idea on both of those, so don't need screenies. Thanks for the report

Return to “Announcements”