MapTool 1.3 Development Build 25

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

I like labels as an option to show things that aren't quite as useful as properties. Things like factions or notes about what they're doing. I've taken to using labels as states instead of the built in system. It works pretty well and I prefer it to the built in as they kind of break the mood compared to the professional maps/tokens/effects/portraits I've been using.

The best part is labels are easily ignored by those uninterested in using them

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Fair enough - I just saw them and wondered what the motivation for adding them had been. Now I know and I'll have a shot at using them.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I came to the conclusion that we will need to be able to see vision from the NPC's. Not all the time but some of the time.

The way vision and light is right now, it isn't so big of a deal to lose Vision on the NPC's but some DM's may want to anyway. When we have Lowlight and Dark vision, then we will definately need it. Many monsters have Lowlight - dragons have it even better than normal. If the party is walking into a large carvern with a torch, I will want to be able to click on my dragon and see what he can see with his eyes. With longer than normal Lowlight vision, it is critical for this to exist.

But the fact remains; we do not have that type of vision yet. But I still think users playing different types of games will want to be able to see NPC vision - war games perhaps?

Here are some ideas to get it back in there:

1. Have a View option in the View Menu which has a keytroke assigned to it. This will work much like View as Player where we can View Vision as PC's and View Vision as NPC's.

2. Instead of having yet another menu option, automatically assign it to the View. As a GM, I am constantly switching between GM View and Player View. Perhaps when we are in Payer view, we will see vision through the PCs; if we are viewing through normal view, we are viewing through the NPC's.

3. Perhaps we should have a switch on the token to view vision for that specific NPC.

4. Trevor, you had an idea to have another 'type'. In addition to having a PC and NPC, we also have one called "Prop". This way everything a GM controls is a prop until chaged to an NPC when needed. When changed to NPC, it has all vision activated like it did pre-1.3b25. It sort of activates NPC tokens as needed.

I am not sure of the best way to approach this but I do think that seeing vision with an NPC is critical -- but so is performance which is why you changed this in the first place. ;)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

When editing tables they create a duplicate.
I'm seeing the same thing though it didn't do it the first time.

The "Deck w/ Joker" doesn't work at all. Error comes back as "Could not do table lookup: Undefined variable: w"

Clicking on the New table icon didn't give me an empty table but instead a copy of the card deck table. This was after several edits and deletes of other tables.

On an aesthetic note, the card coloring is inconsistent with standard decks and is confusing.

The hearts suit has red numbers & symbols until you get to the 8 at which point the numbers are black. The spades suit has red numbers and black symbols. The clubs suit is the same. The diamonds suit has black numbers and red symbols.

The symbols & numbers should match the color of the suit. Red for hearts & diamonds and black for spades & clubs.
[/quote]

khallel
Cave Troll

Post by khallel »

First off, the new tables are great!

But here's what I've noticed:

For the deck with the jokers you have to change the deck name to a single word, no spaces. Also the Joker deck is still set to d52, even though there's now 53 cards.

I too am getting a duplicate deck after editing an existing deck. And if you deleted the duplicate it invalidates the original.

Currently, if an image is dealt, neither the text value or who rolled the table shows. This could be the intended effect for certain tables but there should be an option so you can see who drew the card, or whatever.
Last edited by khallel on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Great feedback khallel.

I'll see what I can get fixed for the build tonight
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

jespley
Cave Troll

Post by jespley »

Thanks as always Trevor!

FYI, the light bug appears to actually give something like 1000 ft vision not infinite.

While you're in the light code fixing the bug, if you have time you could make me very happy by including the ability to set arbitrary light distances (like in previous versions with vision). The current setup has fixed distances for both the d20 and generic options -- I'd like to be able to have light sources that extend for example to 120 ft. If that's complicated and you just want to get the bug fixed then just file the request away.

Thanks!
Jared

khallel
Cave Troll

Post by khallel »

I had just asked a similar question in another thread jespley, I was asking about cone lighting.

Trevor said the ability to create your own light sources is being worked on and will be coming soon, as 1.3 gets wrapped up.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Okay, what card decks? I get a tables window but no card decks as standard. What on earth? Did the default card deck/dice just appear in the table window for you all?

EDIT: Ignore me - I've just found the Add Default Tables item under the Help menu. However the table I created before wasn't there this time. How do we get tables to save? Are they supposed to be part of the specific campaign file, or is it like macros and get saved for all maptool sessions? If it is the second, I am currently not seeing that behaviour.
Last edited by torstan on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trevor

Post by trevor »

torstan wrote:Okay, what card decks? I get a tables window but no card decks as standard. What on earth? Did the default card deck/dice just appear in the table window for you all?
Heh, Help->Add Default Tables

RedDog
Dragon

Post by RedDog »

I was all giddy when I saw there was another build...pretty funny.

Is anyone having difficulty opening previous campaigns from b24? I can still load all my test campaigns from in b24, but not b25. The screen will flash 'Loading Campaign' for a moment, but then go back to the previous campaign.

I also set up custom token properties and exported them to a file. I cannot load that file...I assume that is what is not allowing me to load my campaign.

Oh, yeah....where are those nice dice pics you were testing with?

trevor

Post by trevor »

RedDog, Can you email me your campaign ? I didn't think anything would have had that kind of impact.

To get the default tables, do Help->Add Default Tables

RedDog
Dragon

Post by RedDog »

Trevor, the file is on it's way to [email protected]. The file is about 1 meg...I hope it helps.

Thanks for the heads up on the dice pics. I love the progress you've made on the table implementation. Keep up the good work.

trevor

Post by trevor »

RedDog, thanks for the campaign, it helped me find the bug and squash it moments before b26 was built :) Your campaign should work fine in b26

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Don't forget the FTP export username bug.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Return to “Announcements”