MapTool 1.3 Development Build 26

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 26

Post by trevor »

Build 26 (2/21/08 Critical bug fix)
* Include username in chat on table lookups with images

* Fix bug: Campaign properties are not compatible between b24 and b25
* Fix bug: lights are not working (CRITICAL)
* Fix bug: allow /tbl macro to run tables that have spaces in the name (use quotes)
* Fix bug: Standard deck w/ Joker should have range of 53

This is a critical bug fix build.

To see the interesting things that changed recently, check 1.3b25:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=3461

I haven't been able to reproduce the weirdness with tables duplicating themselves when clicking the Edit button. If anyone can come up with consistent steps that cause it, that would be super fantastic
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

morval
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 26

Post by morval »

trevor wrote:Build 26 (2/21/08 Critical bug fix)
* Include username in chat on table lookups with images

* Fix bug: Campaign properties are not compatible between b24 and b25
* Fix bug: lights are not working (CRITICAL)
* Fix bug: allow /tbl macro to run tables that have spaces in the name (use quotes)
* Fix bug: Standard deck w/ Joker should have range of 53

This is a critical bug fix build.

To see the interesting things that changed recently, check 1.3b25:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=3461

I haven't been able to reproduce the weirdness with tables duplicating themselves when clicking the Edit button. If anyone can come up with consistent steps that cause it, that would be super fantastic
First again! Just wish I had the time to find all the bugs for you like the other guys are doing. Within minutes of them getting an update they are finding things left right and centre!

morval

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Got the table bug. Here's the way to recreate it:

1. Create a new table with any name, let's say 'test' for the sake of reference
2. Close the dialogue
3. Click on the table and click on the pencil tool to edit it.
4. Rename the table, say to 'test2'
5. Close the dialogue.

You should now see two 'test2' tables. You can delete the one to the right, but not the (I guess original) one to the left. Equally, if you delete one of the tables, you will be unable to call the table from chat.

It looks like the duplication is only the icon, as maptool does not seem to believe one of the two icons is a table for the purpose of anything other than the edit function.

Hope that helps pin it down.

Thanks for fixing the light bug - that's working fine again.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Cool, thanks torstan, I was missing the rename step. I'll get that fixed for 1.3b27

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for this question, but here goes anyway. I am looking at 1.3b26 and it is looking very good. I understand that tables and decks is in the infant stages. That said, are there plans for the deck to have a shuffled variant instead of just a random draw? There are many games where you will need to peek into a deck and see the order. I'm sure this question is too early, but I just wanted to put it out there ahead of the design cycle.

Great work by the developers, as usual!
-David

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

What you see in b26 are just tables and two of them happen to use the card images.

The deck support is coming and includes shuffles, discards and other fun stuff from the fevered brain of Trevor.

trevor

Post by trevor »

In fact you'll be able to even drop them into your personal hand, or onto the map :)

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

I'm beginning to think the RPT guys (gals) are really part of the BORG collective. . .

drswoboda
Dragon

Tables in chat v1.3.b26

Post by drswoboda »

Is there or can there be a chat function with tables that will give you a list of tables to choose from?

For instance, /table with no table listed gives me a list of tables in the system and then allows me to mouse or keyboard select the table I want without having to type its name.

If this exists, sorry to waste the bandwidth. . .
-David

drswoboda
Dragon

Possible bug in Use UPnP v1.3b26

Post by drswoboda »

This might not be so much a bug but more of a quirk of hardware.

Without using UPnP with my LinkSys WRT54GS and setting a port in the forward list everything works fine on my small LAN.

If I try to use UPnP the test conection button works and says things are working. But when going to the LAN tab in the connect server, the server is not listed. I can go to the Direct tab and put in the IP and make a connection.

Then if I disconnect the server, Map Tools hangs the server and has to be killed in the process list.

-David

drswoboda
Dragon

Map|Player Visible toggle is saved with campaign file.

Post by drswoboda »

I have recently noticed that the Map|Player Visible toggle is saved with the campaign file. Could we get an added option to the load campaign dialog box that can over ride the visibility of the map on load. I hate it when I load a map and it is visible to the group because I forgot to save it with Visible to player set off.

-David

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Do the d4 images look right? It seems like each number displayed should be the same if I remember how d4s work correctly.

Cool build... I can't wait to see deck functions implemented fully! 1.3 final will be a force to be reckoned with to other vtt developers...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I would need to know more about your LAN.

I assume that your WRT54GS is the link between the LAN and the rest of the Internet? And are all of the computers on the network directly connected to the WRT54GS, either with a wired link or a wireless link? In other words, are there any other routers in the picture?

The only thing I can see here is that MapTool is sending the UPnP request not to the router but to another computer! And that computer has the UPnP server software installed so that it is seen and processed.

What operating systems are on your LAN machines? When MapTool hangs, are either of the green or red communication buttons lit (next to the memory meter)?

When we solve this one, I'll make sure it's added to the networking FAQ -- this sounds like it'll be a good one!

drswoboda
Dragon

There are still issues with overlapping tokens.

Post by drswoboda »

I have spent the better part of today with the new build of MT getting ready for an upcoming game. I have not been using MT for the past few months, so I am catching back up. I remember having a discussion about overlapping tokens more than a year ago and this is pretty much the same issues as back then.

I have placed 7 tokens on the map of three different icons. Two are round, one is rectangular on a sq map. Some are PC and some are NPC (if that makes any difference).

Here are the issues.

Three copies of round Abyssin token. Move them on top of each other and I get the multiple tokens symbol and can move the correct token.

Two copies of another round character token moved on top of each other and I get the multiple mover icon.

Now move Abyssin on top of Character and I get no multi mover icon. Move a character on top of Abyssin and I get no mover icon.

If I zoom in and look close the two icons are minutely different in either size or position inside square.

Now the next case is use the two round tokens and two versions of the rect Amiral Piett token (one a med and one at large size). Place down the Abyssin. Place Character in sq above. Drop med Admiral Piett on top of Abyssin. Finally take Large Admiral Piett and place it to left of Abyssin. The only tokens that are in the same square are Abyssin and med Admiral Piett. However the rectangular token is a unit or two taller than the sq.

Then zoom out a bit and double click the chooser. Only the two tokens in the same sq are displayed to move. Zoom in a little bit and now th two tokens in same sq and the one above show up in the list. Zoom in even further and all four tokens are in the list when clearly only two tokens are in the same sq.

Now go back to my two round tokens that do not show the mover icon and zoom WAY WAY out. And now I get the mover icon.

I think the algorithm that is determining the over lap of icons needs to be tweaked. I would suggest that the area of overlap should be cropped or moved a few units inside the sq that contains the token.

I have a file that I can send, but I am sure you can recreate this pretty easily.

Thanks,
-David

drswoboda
Dragon

Post by drswoboda »

There is one router/gateway to Internet. Then there are two switches, one in the basement where I have a couple servers and one in my office where I wanted multiple hardwires to the router instead of WiFi. I only use the WiFi on laptop or system that I don't need file transfer speed of hardwire.

The above example did not use the WiFi and is using a computer to serve MT that is at the end of the second switch (IIRC). I am using WinXP and W2K.

-David

Azhrei wrote:I would need to know more about your LAN.

I assume that your WRT54GS is the link between the LAN and the rest of the Internet? And are all of the computers on the network directly connected to the WRT54GS, either with a wired link or a wireless link? In other words, are there any other routers in the picture?

The only thing I can see here is that MapTool is sending the UPnP request not to the router but to another computer! And that computer has the UPnP server software installed so that it is seen and processed.

What operating systems are on your LAN machines? When MapTool hangs, are either of the green or red communication buttons lit (next to the memory meter)?

When we solve this one, I'll make sure it's added to the networking FAQ -- this sounds like it'll be a good one!

Return to “Announcements”