MapTool 1.3 Development Build 26

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hawke wrote:I know this has come up before, but some sort of refresh (maybe right click) to refresh the subfolders in the resource library. If you create a new folder after MapTool has loaded it wont see it unless you remove the director and readd it as a resource.

Also, it still appears that changing the size from the token properties still is broken - only right clicking the token works.
Oh yeah, that bothers me too. Thanks for the reminder
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:
torstan wrote:Or just rename it to Edit... That's a more standard convention.
That would be better.
This has been updated for 1.3b27 (sorry brad!)

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

This has been updated for 1.3b27 (sorry brad!)
Eh. I kinda want the feature though, so I guess I can deal with it. :wink:
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

patoace
Dragon

Post by patoace »

Just noted this: if you don't set a token portrait, you can't access the token stat sheet.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Actually it is that if you don't have any displayable stats in the token properties then you won't get a portrait unless you explicitly add one.

I think this is the intended behavior.

If you have one or more displayable properties for the token it will automatically use the token image for the portrait.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:Actually it is that if you don't have any displayable stats in the token properties then you won't get a portrait unless you explicitly add one.

I think this is the intended behavior.

If you have one or more displayable properties for the token it will automatically use the token image for the portrait.
This is correct. Although I'm open to discussion on this point.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

And I guess it should also be stated that if a token doesn't have any displayable stats you don't get a stat sheet.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Bug?

I am running Vista X64 - when I go to File -> Connection Information, I get 192.168.255.1

When I go into IPConfig, I get my real address of 192.168.1.10

I tried UPnP and it failed but I know it worked when UPnP was initially launched but I believe I tested it on an XP workstation.

They might all be related - Maptool bug or Vista? perhaps some of you other Vista users could check this out also?
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

dorpond wrote:I tried UPnP and it failed but I know it worked when UPnP was initially launched but I believe I tested it on an XP workstation.
UPnP is broken in this build. More correctly the Test Connection with UPnP should still work but when you start the server the port gets immediately close and so it doesn't work. Fix is waiting on Trevor to include the patch in a build.

FWIW, the UPnP worked fine under Vista 32-bit when it wasn't broken.

The IP address thing seems more like a Java issue. MT just shows what comes back from the host.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Haven't had a chance to really use it quite yet, but I did notice today that I really really want the portrait size to be much bigger. It's really useful, especially on a large screen, as a method to show what the character actually looks like. My group was disappointed that they seem to be super tiny right now - the stormtrooper on the repulsor bike couldn't really be made out on a large image that I was hoping would be intimidating when they realized what these 3 guys on foot were up against - instead it was too tiny to have that affect.

A client setting on portrait constraints would be a great addition!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Noted, I'll see what I can come up with

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

I just thought of a couple things that I'd like to see:

* Ability to see what other games are running during a game..because it would be neat. Call it "View Servers." This will also be important with the suggestion below for "notes."

* Ability to add/view other information about servers (on the "Connect to Server" window) besides version and name. I'd REALLY like to see a "notes" area. DM email, campaign website, "players wanted", OOC chat at..., etc. This might also be useful for things like I-CON.

Other than a universal chat "Lounge" that is simultaneously open, I'm trying to think of other ways to help increase the "community" for maptools :) It's one of the things over at the wotc forums that's pretty neat..the "universal lounge" that automatically opens up at the same time would increase community aspect as you could talk to people from other MAPTOOLS games, even during your own game.

Thanks,

Jay H
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

emirikol wrote:* Ability to add/view other information about servers (on the "Connect to Server" window) besides version and name.
Maybe a short 100 char description for your server that'd show up in the connect dialog? I also seem to remember a MOTD suggestion when you do connect... both would be useful additions before iCon

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

Yea. Something big enough for a blurb, email contact and website.

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

trevor

Post by trevor »

Good thinking guys. I'll see what I can add in there

Return to “Announcements”