MapTool 1.3 Development Build 28

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Big_Mac wrote:Cool, I will check that out.
Yep, ID 10 T Error. Dooh!!!Image
--
Big Mac

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Heh. At least it is an easy fix. :)

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Thinking over night, the option to draw with VBL either placed or removed would be useful.

Removing would be useful in the creating a free form dungeon scenario, but placing would have been useful in the forest scenario, as I just drew the trunks for trees, and being able to have them block light directly would have been useful.

This is a direct copy from my SR4 report back post.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

I'm not sure if this is the place to report bugs or crashes with this latest version, but we are having a bad time trying to run our game tonight.

The DM/host's machine is a dual 2.4 Ghz core with 1 Gb RAM DDR1, latest Java, latest b28 build. This worked okay last game, eveeything was the same.

Tonight we had major crashes. the map was minimal, but the first time it all crawled upon loading it. The second time the map was rebuilt, and it scrolled okay, but when moving tokens it crashed again. No VBL, no lightning turned on.

We didn't know how to fix this, but seemed like a memory leak, because we noticed our memory usage was too high. Mine was above 200 Mb.

If someone knows how to work around this, you'll save our game tonight. If not, I'll try reproducing the situation to give a better description.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Well to save your game tonight, download the zipped version of Maptool and run the 512meg version of the batch file. You have enough RAM but make sure your players do also before having them run at 512.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

I've been reporting this before and I know it's tough to reproduce...

1) Selected the Draw Straight Lines tool
2) Use object layer, no fill, black line, snap to grid
3) Draw a line by left clicking (closing off the line)
4) Attempt to start a new line from the same point I ended the first line - it wont start. Clicking like crazy around there wont start it. I can click elsewhere on the map and it works just fine, but not from the endpoint of the original line.

5) If I draw a random line somewhere else, I seem to be able to go back to that point and draw from it... but sometimes I wasn't able to do that even then (maybe <10% iirc)

I run into the same thing when trying to use the polyline tool for VBL.

I understand that I can right click and make a shape but sometimes I want to reposition the map or zoom a bit and figure out what I'm going to do next... etc.

edit:

Also, clear all drawings did not function after I did this test. It popped up and I confirmed but nothing happened.

Also, When you click in the text boxes to set the opacity or line width it also clicks down a point when using the line... when you move your mouse away a line is coming from that point.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Hawke wrote:I've been reporting this before and I know it's tough to reproduce...

1) Selected the Draw Straight Lines tool
2) Use object layer, no fill, black line, snap to grid
3) Draw a line by left clicking (closing off the line)
4) Attempt to start a new line from the same point I ended the first line - it wont start. Clicking like crazy around there wont start it. I can click elsewhere on the map and it works just fine, but not from the endpoint of the original line.

5) If I draw a random line somewhere else, I seem to be able to go back to that point and draw from it... but sometimes I wasn't able to do that even then (maybe <10% iirc)
I had this same problem as well. I also noticed that it actually placed something (an invisible line?) in the Undo buffer because when I hit Undo the first time nothing happens. When I hit it the second time the last visible line I placed will be removed.

Darigaaz
Cave Troll

Post by Darigaaz »

Hawke wrote:I run into the same thing when trying to use the polyline tool for VBL.
Same here, Hawke. Its really annoying.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Speaking of Undo:

Trevor, we really need to have Undo's for each tool like we mentioned a while back in 1.2 - let's throw that in for 1.3 before final, OK?

(in case you forgot)
The idea was having an undo 'cache' for each tool. This way I can just switch to that tool and when I undo, it only undo's that tools last action. If I switch to a different tool, it will undo that tools last action. It is a per-tool undo.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Thanks for bringing these (back) to my attention, I'll take a look
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I think import campaign properties is broken. It doesn't show *.mtprops in the open dialog and when you put it in manually it doesn't seem to change anything.

Edit: I finally got it to work when I do a *.mtprops then double clicked on the resulting file.

:?:

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

yep same here

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I noticed on the last go-round that if I delete all the campaign props then it allows imports. Not sure if that was a fluke.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

RPTroll wrote:I noticed on the last go-round that if I delete all the campaign props then it allows imports. Not sure if that was a fluke.
Weird. I need to work on the saved campaign properties
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Strange graphical bug. No idea how this one happened:

Return to “Announcements”