MapTool 1.3 Development Build 28

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 28

Post by trevor »

The "Getting more stable all the time" build

Build 28 (3/14/08)
* Fix bug: editing a table name creates a ghost table that doesn't work
* Fix bug: token movement is not visible unless token starts in a visible area
* Fix bug: player view vision wipes out all tokens and fog when hovering over an owned token
* Fix bug: table images showing up as ? in chat window and never updating

This is primarily a bug fix release.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

Ohh, gonna check it out now!

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I mentioned this in B24:

1. When there are no PC's on the map, VBL in place, no FOW, and the GM moves NPC's, the players can see all movement activity during movement. Since there are no PC's on the map, there is no player vision so they should not be able to see PC's or NPC's - that part is working - until the GM moves a token - that is where it is broken and the PC's can now see the tokens moving about.

2. This was fixed in 1.2 but it has returned. When a GM moves NPC's on other side of VBL, the players can see the token labels moving about because the label crosses over the VBL This is even worse now since we can have extra labels in 1.3 so the chance of it happening is far greater even when a token is a couple cells away from a wall.

How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Darigaaz
Cave Troll

Post by Darigaaz »

Darigaaz wrote:
Darigaaz wrote:Is there a problem with portraits? Because I cant see any when I assign them to tokens.

EDIT: Seems like this only happens with PCs. I have no problem seeing NPC's portraits.
Um... Hello? Is this happening only to me?

UPDATE: Well, I checked again. This only happens to me when I load campaigns made in older versions of Maptool.
Looks like you guys fixed this, nice job!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Dorpond, I am aware of that bug. I went to fix it last night but decided to get b28 out while it was mostly tested before potentially introducing a new bug while trying to fix that one. I'll get that one for the next build

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

I know I'm just a novice here, but what is "VBL?"

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

We talked about this for I-CON, but if you could see how many people are currently connected to a server, as well as a "notes" section on the "connect to a campaign" area, that would be neat. Is that easily possible?

Thanks,

Jay H
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

I am going to put this here but it was with version 26. I suspect it is and issue in most. Could be the tool or JAVA!

In my session last night the tools ran great except these really long pauses. What would happen is that every time I tried to click or right click something it pause for 10 - 20 seconds before coming up. I was like what is it. I was not running it as a server yet. I was just creating a map or 2. Then for a few minute it would be fine.

As I started up the server and had players connect all was well except for this occasional pause when trying to do things. I was thinking, "What's different between my friends house and my house?". Same router, Sames Wires, Same computers. Then it dawned on me. We had no web connection. So the pause was something in the tool or JAVA trying to look out into the web and temporarily locking the application.

Yeah, Yeah the guy that has the most technology gadgets of all my friends does not have web access from home.

Anyways the real question is, is there a setting for this?

I double checked this morning and the campaign and tool are fine from home.
--
Big Mac

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

About the only thing I can think of that involves outside network access is the remote repositories but you said it was happening when you weren't running the server.

Because it was also happening when you weren't running the server there is not a lot of places to look for the problem.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

emirikol wrote:I know I'm just a novice here, but what is "VBL?"

VBL = Vision Blocking Layer = Light Blocking Layer = Topology = the blue stuff :)

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

Thanks for the tip on VBL (vision blocking layer).

"Connect to server" lists Version type after the name/text for the game. Wouldn't it be easier to put the version type first and then GM's can put unlimted text afterwards? Then there is no necessary additional "category" needed?

Some more suggestions: we have a lot of "stickies" that could probably be best put into a "HELP" link from the "HELP" tab. I'd get them a specific location. Thinks like:
* using Hamachi to solve network problems.
* port forwarding instructions (even if you don't currently have a problem..the link to the portforward website would be handy)

I'm trying to look at this from the standpoint of all the things that were hurdles for me when I was first starting out with maptools.

Anyways, I hope my inane suggestions help somewhere :)

Jay H
Last edited by emirikol on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

I found an inconsistency:

Start server: rptools.net Alias
Connect to server: Server name. You will not find "alias" anywhere on the connect to server window. For consistency, I would make sure that these two are listed as one and the same. "Server Name" or "Rptools.net Alias" or "Server Alias"..I kind of like "server alias."

Another thing worth noting on the Start Server: Server Name, would be nice to know that there is a 50 character max that will actually show up(even though it lets you type in as many characters as you want).

[edit: more thoughts for ease of use: on the connect to server window, having a simple instruction of "double click on server name to connect" might be helpful to players and wouldn't take up much extra space. A seperate "tutorial" wouldn't be necessary and it would also help DM's during the initial process of getting players into the game.]

I like the b27/28 edits btw. Thanks for the hard work.

Jay
Last edited by emirikol on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trevor

Post by trevor »

thanks for the polish idea emirikol !

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

Is there a way to toggle auto-hide for chat and macros to set to the left hand side of the screen instead of always to the bottom? It takes up another 1/2 inch of screen space to hide them at the bottom.

[edit/add: "Bloodied" should probably be added to "State" as soon as possible. There will be a large number of DM's having to do it. It is not a copyrighted term by any means.]

Thanks,

Jay

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Just got time to get back here after being trapped in a brief secondment to real life . . . . I even some how managed to pick up a finance on the way (still not sure how that happened, and nor is she).

Love the changes whilst I was gone, especially the adjustment to the stat box, one comment though, is there any easy way for you to add an option in to properties to choose multiple columns for it, so it doesn't shoot up the screen?

and I think I mentioned this before, but having rebuilt my machine, and updated the software I still have the problem - my Microsoft (yeah I know) wireless mouse will only zoom, MT detects the movement of the mouse in either direction as zoom (I am also on my second mouse with this problem, though they were both Microsoft)

any ideas?
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Return to “Announcements”