MapTool 1.3 Development Build 30

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

emirikol wrote:It dawned on me that an A/B/C/D macro tree might be very useful for monsters
Are you talking about the macro panel ? That's gonna get a rewrite in early 1.4 and will include the ability to create any number of macro panels, and arrange the buttons any way you want.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

That's right. Token based macros have another advantage too I guess is that they can be saved and can be shared with other DM's.

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

Got another Bug.

When the macro panel is undocked or closed, macros assigned to F-keys no longer work.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Taragnor wrote: When the macro panel is undocked or closed, macros assigned to F-keys no longer work.
Thanks for the report.

Ully
Kobold

Post by Ully »

Greetings Wise and Selfless MapTool Development Team!

I just wanted to check in to see what the possibility of a b31 build is this weekend. I figure it's unlikely with the the holiday and the possible status of several components, but since my Shackled City group starts a new dungeon crawl Monday night, I thought I'd ask anyway.

We're currently using b28, which seems to work better for us then b30, and we're really looking forward to using the new darkvision/low-light vision features updated in b31.

Thanks!

Ully

trevor

Post by trevor »

Hiya ! (Oops, I was kinda awol for the holiday).

b31 will definitely come out before next monday.

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

trevor wrote:Hiya ! (Oops, I was kinda awol for the holiday).

and since you rock that much, how about before Saturday? That would be awesome, you know. I could really use it (along with kind words on how to migrate my macros to the next version)

trevor

Post by trevor »

Orchard wrote:

and since you rock that much, how about before Saturday? That would be awesome, you know. I could really use it (along with kind words on how to migrate my macros to the next version)
Hmmm, Sat ? I might be able to get it out on Friday. I would definitely suggest testing it first since I'd hate for you to find a critical bug right in the middle of your game :P

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

trevor wrote:
Orchard wrote:

Hmmm, Sat ? I might be able to get it out on Friday. I would definitely suggest testing it first since I'd hate for you to find a critical bug right in the middle of your game :P
That's an excellent point you raise.

I'll make that a priority. Of course, if there are any bugs, I'll be SURE to let you know what we find! It's a 6 person group, with plenty of noobiness.

BTW, I don't know if this is a bug or what, but I was able to spam/crash a friend of mine by sending about 20 rolls (via macro) very quickly (not normal behavior, perhaps, but still). There were three of us connected, and the guy connected on a mac completely crashed, while other guy on windows was fine (I was the server). We were just messing around (I was showing features in prep for the upcoming game), but I thought you should know. This was 1.3.b30, and I think he has Java 5 (Mac 0SX, latest version, 4 GB RAM). So take that as you will.

And if you can't get it out before Sat, I'm not going to get angry. Not since you guys rock so much as it is.

trevor

Post by trevor »

By chance are they using linux ?

I've heard of this before and it appeared to be caused by sound drivers on linux trying to play the "clink" sound of a new incoming message.

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

trevor wrote:By chance are they using linux ?

I've heard of this before and it appeared to be caused by sound drivers on linux trying to play the "clink" sound of a new incoming message.
Nope. OS X. On their shiny new Powerbook. Nice little machine, but I crashed it something fierce. I'll tell him to turn off sounds.

Of course I'm thinking about switching to linux for this, so I'll keep that in mind.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I had the problem on Linux. If you're heavy into tmacros, turn off the sound.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Lots of issues tonight. Very frustrating. :(

First, and this is separate from the rest of the problems: my MacBook Pro killed MapTool when a bunch of macros were executed quickly and -- I assume -- the sound in Java caused the crash.

The rest of the issues were with map display. We had numerous people who got stuck at 77% and never got past that. This happened to different players at different times and persisted even across server reboots and a completely different campaign. :(

This seems to be progressively worse with more players. Tonight was the first time we had 8 players and the GM on at one time. In previous sessions we had no problem but those were sessions with only 4-5 people. It got pretty bad tonight with not even the hosting machine being able to load the map!? How can that happen? Is there some

We have two players stuck right now, so we're going to try saving the campaign, restarting MapTool, and trying again.

Trevor, is there any way to turn on profiling after the JVM is running? Or is there any other way to see from the outside what might be going on?

trevor

Post by trevor »

Azhrei wrote: Trevor, is there any way to turn on profiling after the JVM is running? Or is there any other way to see from the outside what might be going on?
Quite coincidental you mention this issue. I'm in fact working on ways around it and ways to debug it right now.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Long time no see all.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I have been fooling around with b30 and it seems to get very slow with lots of vbl. I made a map with lots of trees outside a cave complex.

I began to put open square vbl in the middle of all the trees. Each time i added another vbl square it got slower and slower.

When i removed the tokens with vision on the map it sped up.

Moving a token with vision on the map was extremely slow.

Since the speed problem went away when i removed the tokens it seems like there may be an issue with the vision algorithm.

*EDIT: by lots of trees i mean like maybe 50*

Return to “Announcements”