MapTool 1.3 Development Build 30

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

emperor799
Cave Troll

Post by emperor799 »

Taragnor wrote:Found another bug.

When you change the image on a token as anyone except the server (such as a PC) to an image that isn't in the campaign file, the image for whatever reason doesn't get added on the server or other machines, and MT just displays a ? in place of the image on all computers except the one that changed it.

This problem also happens when using a saved token, but it works when you drag a new image as a token. For whatever reason I guess the import token and change token image functions don't add the image to the server's campaign file (or maybe never triggers some kind of update), and thus the clients (and the server itself) can't access the image.
This is still happening for me. Is there a fix other than sending the token to the GM?
Last edited by emperor799 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campaign File Headquarters - Please share your Living and Retail campaign files to make it easier for others to DM! - discussion here

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

You have no idea how bad I want this fixed too. This problem is effecting both the Token Images and the Portraits.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I posted a question about why the token's setImageID() call (or something similar) was being made in one of the Hessian support functions. (Don't remember which; an Eclipse search would find it quickly.)

It seems to me that the function in question should only be invoked when the image itself is changed. Otherwise the MD5 could have one value and the actual image could be different, causing a mismatch that prevents MT from finding the correct image to use. But I've been too busy to track it down myself. :( When my class for this week is over, I've got a couple of web site/forum things to work on, but I'll try to get back to this bug.

This is also getting VERY annoying for our group, as well. One player converted a PNG to a JPEG and loaded it as the token image and it started working, but I seriously doubt it's an image format issue. Although it might be a problem with a difference in the code path when using PNG vs. JPEG? ...

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hmmm, Sounds like it's going to the top of my list of action items.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Announcements”