MapTool 1.3 Development Build 30

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 30

Post by trevor »

The "Holy crap I got seriously sick as I was trying to get this critical build out" build, aka the "Slowest critical build release Evar !" build

Build 30 (4/18/08 )
* Added Dark Vision & Low Light sight type (Experimental)
* Fix bug: old campaigns could not edit tokens
* Fix bug: Duplicate zip entry error (Fix by Jay)
* Fix bug: square token facing arrow sometimes leaves the token

NOTES:
Please check and let me know if you have any problems with this build.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RedDog
Dragon

Post by RedDog »

Very cool...hope you are feeling better man.

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

YAY! You deserve a rest man!

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

Kzintzi
Giant

Post by Kzintzi »

Good Afternoon All

have been away for a bit (getting ready for a baby to arrive takes a LOT longer than I thought it would, but he finally did on the 10th of April :)), and the new sight and light stuff is awesome.

one thing I've noticed with the current build is that if you go and adjust the grid size, when you click close, it defaults back to the "stamp interaction" tool without the icon on the toolbar being changed.

Personally, my preference would for it to default back to the tool you were using before you changed the grid (I change the grid all the time when drawing buildings to get the right lines, etc), but I'm not sure if this was a design decision or not.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

The darkvision/lowlight mix is incorrect. The darkvision porion of it is displaying 80' when it should be 60'

This is really cool since a great portion of D&D monsters have this vision mix!

Now if you can implement a method to where we can define our own vision mix and/or distances, we will be golden. For example, if we wanted to create a darkvision that is 100'.

Great work Trevor! :D
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote: Now if you can implement a method to where we can define our own vision mix and/or distances, we will be golden. For example, if we wanted to create a darkvision that is 100'.
I think for the next version I'll let you define your own vision combinations that let you tweak to following properties:

- Light magnification (ex: normal is x1, lowlight is x2)
- personal light radius (ex: normal is 0, darkvision is 60')

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

That sounds great! :D

Hopefully it will allow us to have one character with lowlight x2 and another character with lowlight x4. In otherwords, they are just not global settings but totally unique per character.

Man, super exciting!
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote: Hopefully it will allow us to have one character with lowlight x2 and another character with lowlight x4. In otherwords, they are just not global settings but totally unique per character.
What you would do is define a global sight type, which will show up in the Sight drop down on the config panel on the Edit Token dialog. That way you can assign different vision types for each token, but don't have to redefine it for each token

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

The 'Has Sight' check box always shows up checked regardless of whether I turn it off or not. Is that expected behavior?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Is this with pre-existing tokens (.rptok) or campaign files?

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPTroll wrote:The 'Has Sight' check box always shows up checked regardless of whether I turn it off or not. Is that expected behavior?
It's the current expected behavior for PCs ...

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

Thought on refinement of windows/ease of use:
* PREFERENCES WINDOW: Performance, accessibility and sounds tab could be combined on the Application tab as they only have one thing in them each anyways.

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

WHat are the definitions for lowlight, dark, normal, and light source visions?

I've only gathered the following:
* Lowlight will not reveal fog of war and will only highlight light sources
* Darkvision works just like a light source to expose vision for all players (This doesn't make sense to me)
* Normal vision + hit Control I on a new map, gets rid of all fog of war (kind of a pain in the butt when this happens).
* If you use a light source on fog of war, Ctrl-I then you only expose a the area affected.
* Changing the grid size after someone has assigned a light source, does not resize the original light source and that charcter suddenly can have 200 foot vision.

Did I miss anything?

Jay H

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Phergus wrote:Is this with pre-existing tokens (.rptok) or campaign files?
Yes

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

emirikol wrote:WHat are the definitions for lowlight, dark, normal, and light source visions?

I've only gathered the following:
* Lowlight will not reveal fog of war and will only highlight light sources
* Darkvision works just like a light source to expose vision for all players (This doesn't make sense to me)
* Normal vision + hit Control I on a new map, gets rid of all fog of war (kind of a pain in the butt when this happens).
* If you use a light source on fog of war, Ctrl-I then you only expose a the area affected.
* Changing the grid size after someone has assigned a light source, does not resize the original light source and that charcter suddenly can have 200 foot vision.

Did I miss anything?
When you expose FOW, it will expose everything that the players can see. So, the Darkvision people can see an area of the map - so that is exposed; the people who have lowlight see existing light better, so that is exposed; and normal vision people can see light, so that is exposed.

The map will reveal areas that people can see. Why does that not make sense to you? Previous to this version, would you not manually remove FOW with the FOW tools for your darkvision players, or would you rather leave them in the dark and under FOW? ;)

Lowlight should reveal just as normal does but again, it will reveal the area of light that is enhanced by that vision. If it is not working, then it is broken. Make sure you click on the character though and then expose FOW for it to work.

Return to “Announcements”