MapTool 1.3 Development Build 33

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

trevor wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:
Ryss wrote: Trevor said he was going to look into that but I have no idea whether he fixed that or not.

Remind him please :D
Poke->Trevor....
Ouch !

I don't know if it will make it into b34 since I'm doing a build tonight to fix some of the more urgent issues.
That's fine. It would be nice for tomorrows game, but I can do without it since I am using inittool any way and HP is where it's messed up. Though, if this is something fairly easy and you would not mind pointing me in the right directly I would be willing to take a look at fixing it for the next build. If you don't think it's to convoluted, just PM me with an idea of what classes might be involved and I will take a look at it over the next day or so. Heck, I will look even if you don't point me, but the chance of finding goes does quite a bit....

Joe
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

UntoldGlory wrote:Isn't this going to be more like 33.5 than 34 though? All bug fix, no new features? :wink:
The build numbers are just that, a build number, they don't represent what does or does not go into the build. It gives us a reference number to concretely discuss a particular version. Whether we say 34.5 or 35, the result is the same. The build process is automated, so each time I run the build script it simply increments the build number, which is why it's always at whole numbers (MT 1.0 got up to build 112)
UntoldGlory wrote: And I thought you'd giggle like the pillsbury doughboy when poked, I know I do!
Typically yes, but I think the poke got my eye :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

trevor wrote:
UntoldGlory wrote:Isn't this going to be more like 33.5 than 34 though? All bug fix, no new features? :wink:
The build numbers are just that, a build number, they don't represent what does or does not go into the build. It gives us a reference number to concretely discuss a particular version. Whether we say 34.5 or 35, the result is the same. The build process is automated, so each time I run the build script it simply increments the build number, which is why it's always at whole numbers (MT 1.0 got up to build 112)
UntoldGlory wrote: And I thought you'd giggle like the pillsbury doughboy when poked, I know I do!
Typically yes, but I think the poke got my eye :)
ARGH!! I would NEVER poke the great and powerful code monkey in the eye! I would be way too afraid that if he was blind, he could not code and that would be "a bad thing"™

Joe
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

Java still makes me run screaming into the night, afraid for my remaining sane nerve center.

Not the singular. PHP, Javascript, SPSS (ARGH!), R (S-PLUS), and statistics (aaaaaaaah!---binary logistic regression :whimper: ) have robbed me of any sanity I ever had. Children haven't helped.

No way do I dare add programming in Java.

You guys rock.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

DieHard
Kobold

Post by DieHard »

Hi , I'm new in this forum :)

I have a question:

there is one place where you can know bugs report of the new versions and any workaround to resolve?

ex. porting campaign 1.3.32 to 1.3.33
ex. workaround:
- installing winmerge
- create new campaign with ver. 1.3.33
- unzip new campaign file version 1.3.33
- unzip campaign ver. 1.3.32
- compare the file context.xml and so on with winmerge between ver. 1.3.32 and 1.3.33
- click to difference
- save file of version 1.3.32
- zip file directory in new campagin file :)

Thx

Return to “Announcements”