MapTool 1.3 Development Build 33

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 33

Post by trevor »

The "Holy crap I'm being outdistanced by the contributors" build. Geez, time for me to start cranking up the heat.

Build 33 (6/29/08)
* Alphabetize the server list on the Connect to Server dialog
* Cleaned up waypoint marker (Contributed by Full Bleed)
* Font tweaks for chinese version (Contributed by battlefly)
* Fix bug: starting a server clears the visible and fog flags on the current map
* Fix bug: don't show movement to players of tokens on the hidden layer
* Fix bug: remote GMs can't enforce zone

Contributed by Craig Wisniewski
* When token name is not specified the state of the selected tokens are updated e,g,
- Setting the state of a specified token
/settokenstate fred dead
/settokenstate fred dead false
- Setting the state of all selected tokens
/settokenstate dead
/settokenstate dead false

* Changed alias of settokenstate to sts to resolve conflict with tokensay
* Tokens on GM ("Hidden") layer are no longer considered visible by the player for purpose of settokenstate
* settokenstate macro now sends updates to all clients

Contributed by Naryt
* Fix Bug: The GM can only impersonate tokens they own
* Fix bug: don't update token macro panel if the impersonated token isn't ownable

Contributed by Phergus
* Make token vision distance configurable
* Rotate token with Left and Right arrow keys while holding SHIFT
* Add angle stops at hex points (instead of only the faces)
* Fix bug: zooming does not have consistent specific scale levels

Contributed by Jay
* Store custom states on the campaign and transfer updates to all clients
* Add "States" panel to campaign properties
* Fix bug: token state sometimes renders outside of map view

Contributed by Ryss
* Token panel is hidden by default. When you impersonate a token, it pops up automatically and its title is set to the token name. When you stop impersonating, it disappears.
* Auto switch to token panel on impersonate (the tab gains focus).
* Added help text to token macro panel (didn't have time to remove this).
* Title bar shows campaign name only (instead of full path to the campaign file).
* Selecting a token creates another tab with its macros. Doesn't work for multiple selections yet. Only last selected token's macros are shown. Rather crude, but hey, it works. And it'll make your life easier, guaranteed.
* Fix bug: If you load a campaign created with b31 and below, you can't create / edit / delete campaign macro buttons.
* Fix bug: Token panel didn't update when editing a token in a token stack.

Thanks to all the contributors, things are looking fantastic.

Please post bugs specific to this build in this thread so they don't get lost.

NOTES:
* Internal Init panel, still in progress, not forgotten
* Hero macro, still in progress, not forgotten
* Please focus testing on the macro panel features
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Yee Haa! I love being on the West Coast now, so I can grab these late-night builds right when they come out of the oven! 8)
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Just one quickie; are the circles supposed to change in thickness as you zoom in and out of the map? When I place a circle on a token, it looks much different when zoomed out vs zoomed in.

What it actually looks like is that the circle is staying the same size but the token is changing size when you zoom in and out. If you zoom out far enough, it covers the whole token.

James Anthony

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

One thing that would really be handy would be a way to sort the Token States in the order that you wanted.

For example, I have 4 different Flesh Wound States and it would be quicker to apply them if they were bunched together.

I've always liked apps that have a "move up" and "move down" button to sort. Drag & Drop is nice too, but I assume the up/down buttons are easier to implement.

James Anthony

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

I just Impersonated a token, and got two token tabs for the same token. I'm not sure what I did, so I'll try to replicate it.

James Anthony

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

I haven't been able to replicate the double token tab. But I did notice that some of my macros aren't working properly in the tab, but they work fine when I right-click and select macro on the token.

I created the macros in 1.3b32, so I don't know if that matters.

James Anthony

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

The lev, what are the macro lines that aren't working ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Code: Select all

<b>CinEpic Roll =</b> [val = 1dF + 1dF + 1dF + 1dF]<br><br><b> Offensive Combat Skill = </b>[val + Weapon1 + Weapon1Speed + OffensiveStance + OpponentDefensiveStance + Injuries + MultipleOpponents + OffensiveCombatModifier]<br><b>Defensive Combat Skill = </b>[val + Weapon1 + Weapon1Reach + DefensiveStance + Injuries + MultipleOpponents + DefensiveCombatModifier]<br><b>Damage =</b>[val + ODF1 + Strength + Scale + Injuries + TotalDamageModifier]<br><br><b>DDF Bludgeoning = </b>[val + Agility + Scale + ArmorBludgeoning + Weapon1Parry + Shield + Injuries]<br><b>DDF Piercing = </b>[val + Agility + Scale + ArmorPiercing + Weapon1Parry + Shield + Injuries]<br><b>DDF Slashing = </b>[val + Agility + ArmorSlashing + Weapon1Parry + Shield + Injuries]
The code works perfect when I right-click on the token and select the attack. But when I try to use the macro tab, it asks me for every single token property. And with this macro, that can take a while! :lol: [/code]

James Anthony

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Macro Panel Bug: Clicking to move a token does not seem to count as "selecting the token" for the macro panel's Token Tab. And when you do have the token selected and its macros are showing up, if you grab the token to move it, the Token Macro Tab vanishes and you have to click on the token again to bring the tab back up. I think if clicking on another token makes the token macro tab disappear, then it should count as a selection of the other token and their token macro tab should be visible.

Campaign Properties State Panel Bug: It doesn't look like anti-aliasing is being applied to the circle, triangle, and dot.

Couple reminders:

1) Bug fix for changing an image in an RPTOK file and saving it as the same name.

2) WoF link should be in the help menu.

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

OK.....weird. I went back and tried to use the macro tab, and my attacks worked this time without asking me for all the modifiers. :?

James Anthony

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

thelevitator wrote:Just one quickie; are the circles supposed to change in thickness as you zoom in and out of the map? When I place a circle on a token, it looks much different when zoomed out vs zoomed in.
That's because the circle is a vector being rendered at the same line-thickness at all zoom levels. Kind of a trade off for having the pretty vector rendering.

I suppose the easiest solution would be to change the thickness to be about the same as the halos... or keep the current thickness and just have it change when under 100% zoom.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

thelevitator wrote:I just Impersonated a token, and got two token tabs for the same token. I'm not sure what I did, so I'll try to replicate it.
You probably had the token both "Selected" and "Impersonated."

In the future, you will be able to "Select" more than one token and have all of their macros show in a shared tab... But there is probably no good reason to show both the Selected and Impersonated tabs when you only have one token selected and it is the same as the Impersonated token

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Minor graphic Bug for Macro Tabs: When there are two tiers of Macro Tabs, the top tabs don't have a line along the bottom of the tab so they kind of just meld into the tabs below them when they have focus.

Suggestion: I think there might be some value in changing the name of the macro window's title from "Macros" to the Macro tab that has focus.

So there would be:

Global Macros
Campaign Macros
Impersonated (Token Name) Macros
Selected Token Macros

I know the first two are a bit redundant, but the second two would be an indicator of exactly what tab you are on since they change dynamically based on what's impersonated or selected.

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

I had some big troubles opening up a campaign file from b32 in b33.

I couldn't access campaign properties at all.

And when I tried to zoom out only a short distance, MT just froze.

raymondm
Kobold

Post by raymondm »

Taragnor wrote:I had some big troubles opening up a campaign file from b32 in b33.

I couldn't access campaign properties at all.

And when I tried to zoom out only a short distance, MT just froze.

I have the same problem, i have to revert back to b32 until the problem is fixed :( ..

Return to “Announcements”