MapTool 1.3 Development Build 33

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

raymondm wrote:
Taragnor wrote:I had some big troubles opening up a campaign file from b32 in b33.

I couldn't access campaign properties at all.

And when I tried to zoom out only a short distance, MT just froze.

I have the same problem, i have to revert back to b32 until the problem is fixed :( ..
Curious, is your campaign small enough to email me (couple megs)?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

I also loaded a b32 campaign. I could adjust token properties, but was unable to right click on tokens. Just wouldn't bring up the right click menu. Started a new campaign and dragged on a token and I could right click no problem.

I also noticed the "click to drag doesn't bring up token macros" that someone else mentioned.

Also, it appears that you can select a token, you can fire off macros, but that if you are not also impersonating that token, then the macros do not recognize the token properties called in the macro as token properties. Instead, it asks you to input the value of each one.

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 33

Post by RPTroll »

trevor wrote:The "Holy crap I'm being outdistanced by the contributors" build. Geez, time for me to start cranking up the heat.
I'm happy to see the open source paradigm kicking in big time.

Thanks to all the contributors.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

It appears that MT is generating a number of exceptions whenever you try to do things with tokens. They all seem to be caused by trying to build up a tokens right-click state menu. This is with campaign files from previous versions.

This happens whether you right-click or double-click on a token.

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

thelevitator wrote:I just Impersonated a token, and got two token tabs for the same token. I'm not sure what I did, so I'll try to replicate it.
That's not a bug, you've also selected the token you were impersonating :)

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

Full Bleed wrote:Macro Panel Bug: Clicking to move a token does not seem to count as "selecting the token" for the macro panel's Token Tab. And when you do have the token selected and its macros are showing up, if you grab the token to move it, the Token Macro Tab vanishes and you have to click on the token again to bring the tab back up. I think if clicking on another token makes the token macro tab disappear, then it should count as a selection of the other token and their token macro tab should be visible.
Again, not a bug. Selection stuff is only very basic (that's why I said half-assed:)). I haven't added any more functionality because I was waiting for a decision by the community regarding the macro tabs.

It is only done so get feedback from you.

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

Full Bleed wrote:Minor graphic Bug for Macro Tabs: When there are two tiers of Macro Tabs, the top tabs don't have a line along the bottom of the tab so they kind of just meld into the tabs below them when they have focus.

Suggestion: I think there might be some value in changing the name of the macro window's title from "Macros" to the Macro tab that has focus.

So there would be:

Global Macros
Campaign Macros
Impersonated (Token Name) Macros
Selected Token Macros

I know the first two are a bit redundant, but the second two would be an indicator of exactly what tab you are on since they change dynamically based on what's impersonated or selected.
Something along these lines will be done :)

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

Clarification about the half-assedness of selection stuff:

Selection tab *only* gets updated when you single left click on a token. Selecting and dragging, selecting by bounding box, double clicking, right clicking etc will not work.

Even at this state I'm pretty sure it is a big improvement.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Loading a campaign saved from a previous version that has one or more tokens with states applied causes MapTool to emit continuous NPEs with every refresh of map.

Code: Select all

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.rptools.maptool.model.CampaignProperties.<init>(CampaignProperties.java:70)
	at net.rptools.maptool.model.Campaign.getCampaignProperties(Campaign.java:271)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderTokens(ZoneRenderer.java:1774)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderZone(ZoneRenderer.java:618)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.paintComponent(ZoneRenderer.java:551)
When a campaign saved in a previous version is loaded, MapTool is not creating the default set of states.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

raymondm wrote:
Taragnor wrote:I had some big troubles opening up a campaign file from b32 in b33.

I couldn't access campaign properties at all.

And when I tried to zoom out only a short distance, MT just froze.

I have the same problem, i have to revert back to b32 until the problem is fixed :( ..
I have the same problem with Campaign Properties. No problem with zooming out, though.
Last edited by Amaril on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

When exiting MapTool 1.3b33 and presented with the option to save the campaign, clicking cancel closes MapTool without saving. By convention, it should cancel exiting otherwise changes to the campaign are lost.

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

Amaril wrote:When exiting MapTool 1.3b33 and presented with the option to save the campaign, clicking cancel closes MapTool without saving. By convention, it should cancel exiting otherwise changes to the campaign are lost.
Strange, it works for me just as it did before.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Ryss wrote:
Amaril wrote:When exiting MapTool 1.3b33 and presented with the option to save the campaign, clicking cancel closes MapTool without saving. By convention, it should cancel exiting otherwise changes to the campaign are lost.
Strange, it works for me just as it did before.
I jsut tested it again, and hitting Cancel still results in exiting.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

This happens when using the menu option File/Exit to leave MapTool. Exiting from the close gadget works correctly.

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

Congrats you've found a bug. The thing is if you choose Exit from the File menu it behaves just like you say. If you use the X button on the main window and then select cancel, it doesn't quit.

The funny thing is, I just checked b31 and guess what? Same bug. :D Checked SVN repository too and it doesn't seem to be introduced recently.

So congrats once more... You've found an old persistent bug :)

Edit: Phergus beat me to it. I'm going to fix this.
Last edited by Ryss on Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements”