MapTool 1.3 Development Build 34

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Hawke wrote:the avatar issue: were your players logged in with the same names as their tokens? If so avatars won't show up-I think that's been a bug for a long time. Explains why impersonating someone elses token works.
Ah, gotcha! That's exactly the case.

I did ask them to try "impersonating" their token to see if their chat avatar would show up, so that's where the bug lies... they can't impersonate the same name.

I guess I can just have them log in as their real names and then impersonate their tokens to get around the issue.

Thanks for the heads-up.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Good finds, I'll start hacking out the fixes
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Hawke wrote:the avatar issue: were your players logged in with the same names as their tokens? If so avatars won't show up-I think that's been a bug for a long time. Explains why impersonating someone elses token works.
Woohoo! This is the solution to the problem we have been running into with the ToC game. Thanks Hawke!
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

I just realized it would be nice to be able to reset BASIC token properties to DEFAULT. Could you add that function?

Jay H
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

I don't know if anyone has noted this, but I'm getting some wierd text that temporarily shows up on my "campaign properties" screen when it first opens. It shows "torch 00 somethign"

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

emirikol wrote:I don't know if anyone has noted this, but I'm getting some wierd text that temporarily shows up on my "campaign properties" screen when it first opens. It shows "torch 00 somethign"

jh
For some reason the tabs are laying out the panels all at once instead of waiting till you select the tab. I'm tinkering with it to see why.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

I screwed up the ressouce library's ability to show much by deleting a folder (outside MapTools), and afaict, new folders don't show up untill you restart maptool. Known issues I believe, just a sort of reminder :)
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Trevor, not sure if you played with this, but the I think the colored light might be a bit wonky. I tested last night with two tokens, one with yellow for the bright light and one with the default, both with the default shadowy light.

When the token with the yellow light came into range, the 2nd tokens shadowy light showed up inside the first tokens yellow bright light. I assume this should not be the case? Note that the reverse is not true in that the token with colored light's shadowy parts properly clipped when entering the original default's bright light area.

Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I will post up a screen shot example.

Joe
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

jfrazierjr wrote:Trevor, not sure if you played with this, but the I think the colored light might be a bit wonky. I tested last night with two tokens, one with yellow for the bright light and one with the default, both with the default shadowy light.

When the token with the yellow light came into range, the 2nd tokens shadowy light showed up inside the first tokens yellow bright light. I assume this should not be the case? Note that the reverse is not true in that the token with colored light's shadowy parts properly clipped when entering the original default's bright light area.

Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I will post up a screen shot example.

Joe
How did you get colored light working in b34?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

He's looking at the current development code.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Phergus wrote:He's looking at the current development code.
Oh, in that case, trevor already posted about it in the dev progress for b35.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=4539

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Amaril wrote:
Phergus wrote:He's looking at the current development code.
Oh, in that case, trevor already posted about it in the dev progress for b35.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=4539
Opps... I guess I missed that on the first read through. And I guess I missed the topic name being for b34 instead of b35. :oops:

Joe
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Naryt
Dragon

Post by Naryt »

wrathchild wrote:afaict, new folders don't show up untill you restart maptool. Known issues I believe, just a sort of reminder :)
I think, if I remember right, you can get around this by opening a different folder and coming back to the folder where the new subfolder was created. Same goes for newly added items in an existing resource folder.
A wandering lost soul

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

i have a couple notes/questions on the macro tabs.

The campaign tab. If i make buttons there does everyone get to see them? If not what is its purpose? I was experimenting with this tab last night and was making macros for 4e. Just some simple ones that would roll your skill checks. with names like "Skill: Athletics". I had the macros in a fairly narrow subwindow to the right. When I finished typing in the macro and pressed ok, it wouldn't appear until i hit "new macro" and made another one. It would then appear with the "(new)" button next to it. It only happened if the width of the title was to big to fit on the current row. I guess it was not getting draw cuase it was partially off screen?

Also i saved and exited the campaign after making all the skill macros. I came back later and there was nothing there. Is this expected behavior? I guess i'm not sure what the tab is for.

A thought on token macros. Is there a way we can add a feature to choose a color for the buttons in that tab?

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

Sir Flak wrote:The campaign tab. If i make buttons there does everyone get to see them? If not what is its purpose?
Currently only you see them but syncing them with other players is planned. Unfortunately I am the only one working on the macro buttons (in fact for the last 5 weeks). Therefore development isn't really that fast but we are getting there :) Global macros are global across the MT: they are always preserved between sessions, versions and campaigns. Campaign macros only belong to the campaign. They are saved along with it. The difference is global macros are always there. You put the macros that you always use regardless of setting / campaign etc. Campaign macros are added so you don't have to clutter your global stuff with campaign specific stuff.
When I finished typing in the macro and pressed ok, it wouldn't appear until i hit "new macro" and made another one. It would then appear with the "(new)" button next to it. It only happened if the width of the title was to big to fit on the current row. I guess it was not getting draw cuase it was partially off screen?
Yes this is a drawing bug. We thought we've fixed it. It works for us developers :| What OS and what version of MT are you using?
Also i saved and exited the campaign after making all the skill macros. I came back later and there was nothing there. Is this expected behavior? I guess i'm not sure what the tab is for.
Apparently you are using an older version of MT. I've fixed this in b34 I believe.
A thought on token macros. Is there a way we can add a feature to choose a color for the buttons in that tab?
Token macro revamp is very near. I will add customization too, don't worry :)

Return to “Announcements”