MapTool 1.3 Development Build 35

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

MacPharlan
Giant

Performance

Post by MacPharlan »

Has anyone reported a performance hit with this version?

I had my first game last night, mine hosted, another computer connected via LAN and one connected via the internet.

We had horrid lag just trying to move around.

I was thinking perhaps I had to many trees and other things around the town and such, so after the game I went about cleaning things up. This is when I noticed that 'erasing' vision was taking a long time. When I used the 'erase' vision, it would pause for about 2 seconds. Whereas before it was instantaneous.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

the colored light added quite a bit of extra calculations, I'm working on optimizing them now
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

UntoldGlory wrote:Which would be okay if we had MBL, but we don't. And I don't play 3.5 anymore. In 4e, it does this:

Blinded
✦ You grant combat advantage.
✦ You can’t see any target (your targets have total concealment).
✦ You take a –10 penalty to Perception checks.
✦ You can’t flank an enemy.
The GM should be allowed to remove vision and control the token for the player.

Edit: I suppose the GM could just change the token to an NPC token at that point.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

I know that performance issues have been mentioned, and that it was blamed on colored light, but I'm noticing a serious hit even when all I've got on the screen is grasslands with a bunch on NPC no sight tokens. It seems to come in waves though, I haven't been able to figure out if some particular thing is causing it or not. It appears to be like that on both my desktop (Windows XP, Core2Duo Processor with 2 Gig of ram, 8800GT Nvidia card) or my laptop (Crappy Turion processor with integrated graphics and a gig of ram). I use the 1gig batch file. Though I rarely see it allocate more than 100m of ram.

MacPharlan
Giant

Post by MacPharlan »

Does anyone know when the 'calculate states' but is slated to get fixed? We have most of the props calculated so it shows up pretty crazy on the stats window:)

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Check out the b36 thread in the developer forum for your happy answer.

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Slowness

Post by thecyberwolfe »

UG, I too have seen some performance problems, but I thought it might have something to do with me running it on my (K)Ubuntu Hardy laptop (Turion64 mobile proc, 2GB RAM). It zips like a fiend on my tower (Windows XP on an Athlon64X2, 2GBRAM and beefy vid card), but the problem usually arises about 30 - 40 minutes into me working on my own KoTS maps. MT pretty much gets useless, and I have to try a save and hope for the best.

Again, this is on my laptop - I haven't tried exporting the whole campaign to the Windows machine and building it there yet.

Once I exit and restart the program, it will usually repeat quickly unless I either reboot or just do something else for a while. Kinda like a memory leak that the OS needs to clean up for a while.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Next time it happens I'll do a memory cleanup, see if that doesn anything.

nwelte1
Giant

Post by nwelte1 »

I noticed a strange occurance... I assume a bug. (I have not read this thread carefully to check if it has been report.)

If I create a token say a Kobold with a damage macro and place multiple versions of the token on the table and run the damage macro, it only affects the first kobold no matter what kobold I have selected. To fix this I had to go into each token and rename the token with a unique name... i.e. Kobold1, Kobold2, Kobold3, etc.

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

UntoldGlory wrote:Technically you can already do dual screen just fine. I did that last session, with my map on one screen and chat/macro/whatever windows on another. There's just not a "dual full screen" option or anything.
And how you do this?

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

nwelte1 wrote:I noticed a strange occurance... I assume a bug. (I have not read this thread carefully to check if it has been report.)

If I create a token say a Kobold with a damage macro and place multiple versions of the token on the table and run the damage macro, it only affects the first kobold no matter what kobold I have selected. To fix this I had to go into each token and rename the token with a unique name... i.e. Kobold1, Kobold2, Kobold3, etc.
That's not a bug per se but it's a design limitation. This behavior will no be changed in the near future. Always use unique names for tokens.

If you want more info, you can read it here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=4637

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

FdL wrote:And how you do this?
Just don't have your window maximized. Instead, just drag it onto your second screen and manually size it to the size of the screen. Then, drag your chat window and macro window and whatnot back onto your other screen.

Zandari
Cave Troll

Post by Zandari »

I had something strange happen last night. The PCs have a couple of players with darkvision, one with lowlight, and three with normal. The environment has a few patches of glowing fungus that I represented with light sources on the hidden layer. It worked pretty well, and gave a sort of patchy quality to where the players could see.

Then they alerted a group of enemies in a room lit by an everburning torch. One of the NPCs nabbed the everburning torch and came out of the room to see what the hubbub was all about, but as soon as I gave the NPC a light source, all the tokens disapeared from player view. It was as if everyone lost vision. I was able to toggle it back by removing the light source from the NPC.

Was this an artifact of the fact that none of the PCs had an actual light source? There were non-token light sources in the campaign. Is there something else strange happening? In addition, when this happened, the whole program slowed significantly.

I am running b35, incidentally.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Zandari wrote:but as soon as I gave the NPC a light source, all the tokens disapeared from player view..
That's odd. Do you happen to still have that campaign file ? Can you see if you can make it happen again ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

User McUser
Kobold

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 35

Post by User McUser »

trevor wrote: * Added support for Shadow Run 4 rolls (Contributed by mortani)
Not sure where to mention this so I'm putting it here. The SR4 dice work great (yay!) except that the glitch detection is a little wrong. A glitch is caused when you get a one on half the dice rolled, rounded up. For example, on 5 dice you need 3 ones, not 2. We had that happen once.

Thanks!

Return to “Announcements”