MapTool 1.3 Development Build 35

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

Awesome build again. The level of customizeability is mind blowing now. I wish I could code :p

Anyway, I wanted to ask whether dual screen is going to make it into 1.3 before it goes final. I'm really looking forward to that feature.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Technically you can already do dual screen just fine. I did that last session, with my map on one screen and chat/macro/whatever windows on another. There's just not a "dual full screen" option or anything.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Actually, I did a dual full screen option just last night. It was technically running two instances of MapTool, but it works. I ended up not using full screen though as the measuring tool and AoE tools aren't accessible while in full screen.

A "projector" feature is on the to-do list, which would allow for running a separate player view within a single instance of MapTool.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

State images are not stored in the campaign file. I saved my campaign and opened it on another computer. The new states are still there, but all images for the new states and images for states i changed are not. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior but it seems like it is not.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Sir Flak wrote:State images are not stored in the campaign file. I saved my campaign and opened it on another computer. The new states are still there, but all images for the new states and images for states i changed are not. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior but it seems like it is not.
Hmmm, in general I don't think you'd want them stored in the campaign file.

You really wouldn't want to have the images be campaign specific because then you'd have to import/export them for every new campaign.

And if they export with the campaign, the size of every campaign file would grow significantly. It would be pretty easy to have a meg or two of custom states over time.

When macros get skinnable buttons, they probably won't be stored in the campaign file either. Imagine where the campaign file bloat would start to go if all the impending customization started getting dumped into each campaign file.

Now, I can see that one might like the ability to export all of their custom states into a single file that could be installed on another computer.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

The state icons will most likely pale in comparison to the actual map image.

I'm a big fan of self-contained campaign files.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

I like the idea of self contained campaign files,

But with easy export, so you can use the same material in another campaign if you decide to
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

AUGH! No wonder my download of 1.3b35 wouldn't work. I didn't extract the lib folder. I'm so darned stupid. lol

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Heh. It's always something simple. :lol:

Glad it was so easily fixed.

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

BUGFIX:

"Campaign panel doesn't get updated on campaign load and cannot be edited after that" bug fixed.

A funny thing: Apparently global panel had the same problem but nobody noticed that :). You can't create new global macro buttons after campaign load in b35.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Ryss wrote:A funny thing: Apparently global panel had the same problem but nobody noticed that :). You can't create new global macro buttons after campaign load in b35.
Don't see that problem here. I can add new buttons to both Global & Campaign tabs after loading a campaign.

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

In b35 that broke somehow. Or in my current working copy it is broken. It was working for me before, when I checked today it wasn't working. However I'm not alone, other people reported this bug too.

So, it is fixed :)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

A lot of people have reported being abducted by aliens and subjected to various probes. :lol:

But as long as it is fixed then I'll just to continue to not experience the problem. :wink:

Pyroman
Cave Troll

Post by Pyroman »

I know that you can save variables in macros, as in [A = B] and then A will equal B when referred to in the rest of the macro. However, my problem is this:

I create a macro, let's say

Code: Select all

[MiscSaveBonus = MiscSaveBonus] [Save = d20 + MiscSaveBonus + MiscSaveBonus]
I do this so that I do not have to enter MiscSaveBonus multiple times throughout the macro. I run the macro for the first time and it works like a charm... it pops up an inputbox asking for the value of MiscSaveBonus and then saves it to the variable and uses it for the rest of the macro.

However, I run the macro a second time and the previous value I entered is still used (i.e. it does not query me for MiscSaveBonus again).

Frustrated by this, I change the macro to this

[Save = d20 + MiscSaveBonus + MiscSaveBonus]
hoping that it will again ask me for the value of MiscSaveBonus but it does not, it STILL uses the previous value entered when I first ran the macro.

Now, I do not have a token property called MiscSaveBonus, nor do I want one. I did create the property and attempt to delete the value to reset but this does not work as it now breaks the macro so that it says "could not execute the command: null".

Short of scrapping the token and creating another or changing the variable name, is there a way to delete/reset a macro/token variable so that it will, once again, ask me for the value each time the macro is run?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Try this:

[foo=?foo][1d20+foo]

Return to “Announcements”